some things never change

some things never change

by FootbalYouBet » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:46 pm

I see sully the topic Nazi has struck again, even though the topics in question were in no way in conflict with the site rules or purpose of this forum. :roll:

I say this not particularly caring for the topics myself.
Live well and please God

FYB has left the building
Hall of Famer

Re: some things never change

by Lennywasout » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:43 pm

I for one am glad for what Sully did. There are 3 or 4 posters who border on being constantly offensive, ignorant and small minded. I'm not for censorship, but I'm sick reading these posts that become degenerative in nature.
I would imagine 99% of these forum users are not like these particular bigots.
Veteran

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Lennywasout wrote:I for one am glad for what Sully did. There are 3 or 4 posters who border on being constantly offensive, ignorant and small minded. I'm not for censorship, but I'm sick reading these posts that become degenerative in nature.
I would imagine 99% of these forum users are not like these particular bigots.

I like Sully, too. :thup:
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:49 pm

FootbalYouBet wrote:I see sully the topic Nazi has struck again, even though the topics in question were in no way in conflict with the site rules or purpose of this forum. :roll:

I say this not particularly caring for the topics myself.

Time to shut down off topic me thinks

No religion
No world news if it cast a bad light on a certain minority group.
Politics should be next our at least the clintonette safe space thread should.

Whats left to post about 'what makes you happy today' ? Lol sorry Kev i needed a funny example.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

by BigJoeM » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:53 pm

I noticed the entire thread on the EU forcing Poland and Hungary to take their share of migrants is gone .

Is this the straw that broke the camels back ; did somebody say something that over steps the forum .

Just asking as Ryan's other threads were up for some time but I don't even see this thread on the forum anymore .

Was there a comment that started the ball rolling ?

Maybe the CFL should not have anything but a Football (CFL) Forum . If this is the case I agree .

If image and sensitivity is the reason for locking up then all speech and all off topics should be blocked as conversation about politics is a powder keg . Political issues like immigration or refugees is going to have divergent ideas and the result in conflict no matter what race/religion and what country you are talking about . If the reason for locking up the one thread where Ryan never received a second poster on the sexual assaults then I understand as their was no chat just one sided dialogue hence the blog comment . I get that and understand the lock up .

The terrorism tracker was clear censorship of facts . Dispute the facts and have a conversation but to block it with
the same brush as the sexual assaults is wrong . This is a conversation that is global and touches all lives including the one's who were victims the one's migrating from the terror where most of Ryan's numbers were coming from . To turn your head because it's ugly or to filter because it is seen as anti Muslim alone is without merit as I read the posts and no where was there a mention of anti anything except extremism . Then the conversation ventured into living in safe communities in Canada where posters lived . There was no just cause or warrant for lock up.

In this I feel Sully was too quick to judge and anyone posting or backing up why they feel a certain way should be encouraged by facts or at least a reference in any forum dialogue.

As you can tell I am a free speech advocate and if the person has a reference for why they post without hate or bigotry it is a conversation worth having whether you agree or disagree with their views .
Last edited by BigJoeM on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by ryan3434 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Nice post Joe as always.

Hall of Famer

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:23 pm

As I have said many times, the Mods have a thankless job and I appreciate what they do. It's easy for ALL of us, MYSELF included, to criticize. Just like Trump, I think we would find being in charge is a LOT more difficult.

Again, I appreciate what the Mods do and I do my best to obey their rules.
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:03 am

I belong to a couple other sites that have a no politics and no religion policy strictly enforced. I've met many of the posters of those sites in person when I've gone back to Ontario or they've came to PEI, because those websites are A LOT better in camaraderie and friendship than this site.
This site actually has many posters that I would NEVER want to meet, and makes me not care about how I even portray myself ... I really don't give a rat's buttocks. Many of this site's postings incite hatred and loathing in me!
Veteran

by Aerial » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:46 am

That's not good, not good at all Liquor I will say. :?
We should expect to receive from our healthcare system evidence-based basic best practices from our healthcare providers. But we should demand much more in our individual care - Anon
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:17 am

Aerial wrote:That's not good, not good at all Liquor I will say. :?

Drama Kitty gonna drama.

Hall of Famer

by Liquor Kitty » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:29 am

ryan3434 wrote:

Drama Kitty gonna drama.

No drama. My real take (no fake news).
Veteran

by PTBO Dave » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:31 am

Liquor Kitty wrote:
ryan3434 wrote:

Drama Kitty gonna drama.

Perhaps, then, you are really dramatic (not fake dramatic). :wink:
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:38 am

Liquor Kitty wrote:
ryan3434 wrote:

Drama Kitty gonna drama.

A little drama

Hall of Famer

by bobo82 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:01 am

It's not just religion and politics that are taboo subjects here boys and girls , apparently another hot button Taboo topic that is off limits in the main forum is any discussion on one Vince Young . Yup , batting a 1000. on that little nugget , 4 threads = 4 Locks . Oh well not to worry , if there's one thing positive that came out of those discussions and locks it's the fact that I now have two new charter members ( no names mentioned ,cough ! cough ! Preisst / BCRF , hack , cough , hack ! ) that have officially just joined my ignore list club . The funny thing is that these two are now not only the two newest members BUT the only two members of this club . :D Yup , as the old saying goes........ Silence is Golden and Ignorance is Bliss......... or in the case of these two ................. Silence is Green and their Ignore -ance won't be missed . :)
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:04 am

bobo82 wrote:It's not just religion and politics that are taboo subjects here boys and girls , apparently another hot button Taboo topic that is off limits in the main forum is any discussion on one Vince Young . Yup , batting a 1000. on that little nugget , 4 threads = 4 Locks .

Ya, I saw that. Too funny!
But Vince Young is god you know ... oooops ... religion. :wink:
Veteran

Next