Attack on British Parliament

Re: Attack on British Parliament

by ryan3434 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:53 am

TravelPat1 wrote:Image

Very true and thankfully most are better humans than muslims.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:54 am

jamie wrote:Don't worry Dave. You can find a way to laugh at this or make light . Go for it. But GOD FORID don't render your opinion. :o :roll: :wink: :x :rockin:

I'm proud of you, jamie, for learning to use both irony and emoticons in one post. :thup:

Your light-making still needs a little work, but it will come if you keep at it. :wink:
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:35 am

Stephen Molyneux on the day after

https://youtu.be/vOodPSfCDa0

Im a fan of Mr Stephen but his flare for the dramatic leads me to believe he may of been a liberal at one point.

All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:21 am

OK Dawg I'll bite. How did CNN have anything to do with my last post? I got that from a travel and tourism forum I follow. Speaking of that forum - this article posted from a travel trade publication reiterates what I said yesterday about the Brits perfect reaction to this. Not hyperbole and fear - but rather 'Millions of Acts of Normality'
http://travelindustrytoday.com/index.ph ... 929&brand=

If we over react in fear - they win - we lose.
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:30 am

ryan3434 wrote:Stephen Molyneux on the day after

https://youtu.be/vOodPSfCDa0

Im a fan of Mr Stephen but his flare for the dramatic leads me to believe he may of been a liberal at one point.

Lots of liberals with common sense are seeing the light especially the hypocrisy from the left with free speech and the embracing of a culture of Islam without the condemning of hate from the extremist who live among us ,
like the ones wanting and advocating the hate speech and death of Jews .

From Montreal .http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... -1.4037397

So let me know how is the left silent on this but want islamophobia listed on M103 , disgraceful hypocrisy .

At the end of the day Liberals are advocating not protecting Muslims who do not want to go down that road of extremism . Such hypocrisy gets the people harmed especially the innocent ones who wish to change Islamic culture within our borders .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by Aerial » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:51 am

If this Islmaphobia motion ever turns into law in Canada, does that mean if I say something like this I could be breaking the law - "I think Islam doesn't respect all people just like some other religions. it's a farce". :? And if I could be charged saying this, then free speech is a total and utter joke in Canada.

That's just an example, not saying I think Islam is a farce. Just saying is that breaking the law or could it if this motion become law? I guess the devil is in the details. At any rate, if this does become law, I may not speak to a Muslim in Canada for fear they will twist what I say and use it agains't me and try and charge me. You never know what type of person you're talking to, could be a real sh...t disturber and try and twist anything you say. Better to just stay quiet.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:24 pm

Aerial wrote:If this Islmaphobia motion ever turns into law in Canada, does that mean if I say something like this I could be breaking the law - "I think Islam doesn't respect all people just like some other religions. it's a farce". :? And if I could be charged saying this, then free speech is a total and utter joke in Canada.

That's just an example, not saying I think Islam is a farce. Just saying is that breaking the law or could it if this motion become law? I guess the devil is in the details. At any rate, if this does become law, I won't speak to a Muslim in Canada, that's for sure, for fear they will twist what I say and use it agains't me and try and charge me. You never know what type of person you're talking to, could be a real sh...t disturber. Better to just stay quiet.

They are using this to collect data like what you used as an example after 245 days with islamaphobia not clearly defined and use it to frame new legislation with these results . It's a political gamble for the Liberals as the vast majority disapprove and the pandering to a few elites will leave us empty of free speech .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by PTBO Dave » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:47 pm

Aerial wrote:If this Islmaphobia motion ever turns into law in Canada, does that mean if I say something like this I could be breaking the law - "I think Islam doesn't respect all people just like some other religions. it's a farce". :? And if I could be charged saying this, then free speech is a total and utter joke in Canada.

That's just an example, not saying I think Islam is a farce. Just saying is that breaking the law or could it if this motion become law? I guess the devil is in the details. At any rate, if this does become law, I may not speak to a Muslim in Canada for fear they will twist what I say and use it agains't me and try and charge me. You never know what type of person you're talking to, could be a real sh...t disturber and try and twist anything you say. Better to just stay quiet.

We actually already have blasphemy laws:

Canada’s Criminal Code Section 296

296. (1) Every one who publishes a blasphemous libel is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years
(2) It is a question of fact whether or not any matter that is published is a blasphemous libel.
(3) No person shall be convicted of an offence under this section for expressing in good faith and in decent language, or attempting to establish by argument used in good faith and conveyed in decent language, an opinion on a religious subject.

This has been around for more than 100 years, but very rarely gets used. I think, too, that this section of the code is slated to be reviewed and might even be removed.

I don't really think there's much to worry about with m103 being passed (at heart it's a combination of anti-discrimination and shameless pandering to populism), but we have to be vigilant to make it's not used as a pretext to make prosecutions for blasphemy more common.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:06 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:OK Dawg I'll bite. How did CNN have anything to do with my last post? I got that from a travel and tourism forum I follow. Speaking of that forum - this article posted from a travel trade publication reiterates what I said yesterday about the Brits perfect reaction to this. Not hyperbole and fear - but rather 'Millions of Acts of Normality'
http://travelindustrytoday.com/index.ph ... 929&brand=

If we over react in fear - they win - we lose.

In the other thread about the meeting with no women in the room ..lifted from CNN....
Same with alot of your posts...seems as soon as i read something there when they find a new way to bash the president you float right on over and repeat it all ....

You have no personal reason for it your arguments come from TV or social media...so kind of hypocritical thats all
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:35 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:If we over react in fear - they win - we lose.

...what if you just react...no over, just do...fight or flight? I choose fight...

....you used the example of WWII before Pat and that is a good one, to an extent...what the Brits did during the bombing raids was to try to maintain a normality of life, and I like you think they set a great example for this...but what they didn't do is sit back and let the nazi's just continue to bomb the crap out of them....they rose up and used their air force to battle back, and then later mounted an invasion force to stop the evil that has never been equaled in modern time...

...so while you are correct that if you over-react they win, but to not act at all is not only wrong, it's counter-productive to self-preservation and existence....don't be a sheep, and let us allow the sheep dogs to do their jobs...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by jamie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:46 pm

And what is your opinion RW what England should do?
Veteran

by ryan3434 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:51 pm

We do something they win.. What?!

Its pretty easy for your leaders to say such retarded things as they are nice and protected.

All-Star

by Aerial » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:00 pm

Thanks PTBO and BigJoe for those posts. Interesting.

About over-reacting in fear and then them winning as Pat said, reminds me of a situation where in the workplace if you don't do some proactive moves to protect agains't changes coming that could affect your job negatively and take the lead, someone else might take the lead and make your job redundant even though the changes you are advocating for as part of your job could really change things. Better to take the lead on something and be proactive because someone else might.

So I agree, you can't just sit back on issues like this, you have to act and of course there is the possibility of some over-reaction but there is risk with everything of course. Self-preservation as R&W says. Normality as the mainstay sure but have plans in place to guard agains't problematic people who do pose a threat as a lone wolf or whatever. And obviously the threat is there as we've seen.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:01 pm

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thesun. ... s-row/amp/

"YOU’LL NEVER WALK SAFELY’ Turkish president Erdogan warns Europeans they won’t be safe on their own streets unless Turkey is better treated"

Hope youre listening Europe.

All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:13 pm

Britain did not over react in fear. They are battling ISIS both in Syria and online. They've made numerous arrests. They have a number of dodgy characters under surveillance. But they did not OVER react in cowardly fear. Other than a few commentators there was not a widespread campaign of 'Blame Muslims!'

There are about a million Muslims who live in London - including their mayor - and they are an integral part of that diverse global city - one of the greatest and safest in the world.
All-Star

PreviousNext