European Politics

Re: European Politics

by TravelPat1 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:40 pm

The old political parties got the boot from frustrated French voters in Round One. And once they got down to the two choices after bouncing the Presidential candidates of the two main traditional political parties - they overwhelmingly chose VERY wisely in Round Two - by almost a 2-1 margin.
All-Star

by West » Sun May 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Next up is Germany. Can the elitists continue to scare the masses into electing flaky, corrupt politicians despite the utter chaos they have created in Europe? I guess we'll find out.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:17 pm

West wrote:Next up is Germany. Can the elitists continue to scare the masses into electing flaky, corrupt politicians despite the utter chaos they have created in Europe? I guess we'll find out.

Or will they be even dumber and support the ones that would create even more chaos and division as is being so blatantly pushed big time by Putin and his hacker buddies and those he has flooding social media with fake news about establishment candidates - so that he can create the divisions and uncertainty he needs in Western Europe to push his Russian expansionist agenda.

The French were smart enough to say Non! and I assume the Germans will say 'Nein' to Putin too by supporting Merkel later this year putting a stop (at least for now) to the dangerous ultra right wing xenophobic, divisive, Nationalistic movements that have risen from the fringes - where they belong - in recent months. .
Last edited by TravelPat1 on Sun May 07, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by Aerial » Sun May 07, 2017 7:30 pm

At least the Right is very upfront about their agenda unlike the Left that is sneaky as sneaky gets. While I probably lean Left in policy in many respects, I definitely don't trust the Left as much as I trust the Right with conveying what their message is. The Left is more academic and that is why they have the skills to be elusive and sneaky while the Right is more business oriented and business is business, more direct messaging and you know what the score is with their policies.

In my mind the Left is at least as divisive but most people just don't understand that.

Left employs identity politics in same divisive way as the right

To liberals, this rhetoric spawns from conservative circles that exploit racial prejudices and encourage crude nationalism to gain power. What many progressive thinkers fail to recognize is that the left does exactly the same thing.

Liberals expounded upon growing racial tensions by making race a top priority in hopes of mobilizing the non-white voter base, and proceeded to dismiss the outcries of the white working class by blanketing them as hateful, unintelligent low-lives.

http://www.themiamihurricane.com/2016/1 ... the-right/
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Aerial wrote:At least the Right is very upfront about their agenda unlike the Left that is sneaky as sneaky gets.

Oh now there is one of the most laughable comments I've read. Right wing parties upfront? Upfront about huge shifts of money from the poor to the rich under their policies? Up front about millions losing their health insurance? Upfront about premiums rising 'bigly' for seniors? 'Upfront' about all the lies fact checkers called them out on this last election?

Upfront about their pushing policies that blatantly discriminate against minorities under the guise of religious freedom?

I could go on but instead I'll just link this.
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2 ... vious-lies
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:18 pm

Now that's a Victory Rally entrance!

- https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/8 ... IYXfK6.mp4
All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Sun May 07, 2017 8:27 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:
Aerial wrote:At least the Right is very upfront about their agenda unlike the Left that is sneaky as sneaky gets.

Oh now there is one of the most laughable comments I've read. Right wing parties upfront? Upfront about huge shifts of money from the poor to the rich under their policies? Up front about millions losing their health insurance? Upfront about premiums rising 'bigly' for seniors? 'Upfront' about all the lies fact checkers called them out on this last election?

Upfront about their pushing policies that blatantly discriminate against minorities under the guise of religious freedom?

Come on Pat.....
Obama LIED about every detail about his health plan while negotiating it in secret...lied about what it was who could get it that it wouldnt change existing plans...then crammed through and guess what ..
BIGLY premium hikes over 100% yuuuuuge deductibles over 6000.00 for some ...
Oh and how many losing their health insurance...only to be forced to pay much more for different plans

At least the GOP plan is out there for EVERYONE to see and the only reason people will not have insurance is because they will choose not to buy any noone will be kicked off their plans

Maybe stick to Canadian stuff you might stop repeating inaccuracies
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:33 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:
West wrote:Next up is Germany. Can the elitists continue to scare the masses into electing flaky, corrupt politicians despite the utter chaos they have created in Europe? I guess we'll find out.

Or will they be even dumber and support the ones that would create even more chaos and division as is being so blatantly pushed big time by Putin and his hacker buddies and those he has flooding social media with fake news about establishment candidates - so that he can create the divisions and uncertainty he needs in Western Europe to push his Russian expansionist agenda.

The French were smart enough to say Non! and I assume the Germans will say 'Nein' to Putin too by supporting Merkel later this year putting a stop (at least for now) to the dangerous ultra right wing xenophobic, divisive, Nationalistic movements that have risen from the fringes - where they belong - in recent months. .

Ever ask why these 'dangerous' parties are rising? Because they have gutless politicians. They see the problems and they see a useless government not addressing the problems.
Listen to Douglas Murray he explains it so much better.

Its ying and yang, mang lol
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Dawg - I watched Republican spokesmen trying to spin like crazy this morning when facts like an expected 24 million fewer will be insured under this current plan, that seniors premiums will rise significantly, that those with pre-existing conditions many will likely be priced out of the market under the current plan, that in terms of fiscal policy this is a shift of BILLIONS from services for the middle class and poor to tax breaks for the richest.

Don't quote me on that. Quote Warren Buffett.
Berkshire Hathaway Inc Chairman Warren Buffett on Saturday fumed that healthcare costs are eating away at the U.S. economy like "tapeworm" and said the Republican approach to overhaul Obamacare is a tax cut for the rich.
The U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday narrowly approved a bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, a victory for Republican President Donald Trump who has called the 2010 law a "disaster."
Speaking at Berkshire's annual shareholders' meeting in Omaha, Buffett said his federal income taxes last year would have gone down 17 percent had the new law been in effect.'

I've yet to see a Republican house member admit those things are true - some Republican Senators have expressed concerns. Instead we see incredible statements like the assinine comments like a congressman last night or Friday night. 'Nobody ever died from not having medical coverage'.

Do they REALLY think Americans are THAT dumb?

Sorry European politic fans - American health care idiocy has flowed over into your thread. Thankfully Europeans are smart enough to realize Republican type health plans are just DUMB for a supposedly wealthy first world society.
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:48 pm

They usually die from an illness. Not from having no medical care so technically congressman is right.. Lol

All-Star

by West » Sun May 07, 2017 9:09 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:

Mother Jones lol.

Anyway I think you've got a problem. Thread after thread you turn it into America bashing :thdn:
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

They will burn that country down if its proven there is electoral fraud.

Lepen ballots damaged
Duplicate Macron ballots handed out.

But anywho.. Macroni won France loses

Never intended on visiting their anyways.

All-Star

by West » Sun May 07, 2017 9:13 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:

You honestly believe the 'Russians' were behind 'Fake News'?

Classifying La Pen as 'far right' is 'fake news' and scare tactics in and of itself.

So they rejected 'xenophobia' and embrace corruption? Sounds like a good trade off :? .

At least they rejected the mainstream candidates who have run that country into the ground.
Last edited by West on Sun May 07, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:16 pm

Both sides, the Left and the Right, are nuts.
All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Sun May 07, 2017 9:31 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:Dawg - I watched Republican spokesmen trying to spin like crazy this morning when facts like an expected 24 million fewer will be insured under this current plan, that seniors premiums will rise significantly, that those with pre-existing conditions many will likely be priced out of the market under the current plan, that in terms of fiscal policy this is a shift of BILLIONS from services for the middle class and poor to tax breaks for the richest.

Don't quote me on that. Quote Warren Buffett.
Berkshire Hathaway Inc Chairman Warren Buffett on Saturday fumed that healthcare costs are eating away at the U.S. economy like "tapeworm" and said the Republican approach to overhaul Obamacare is a tax cut for the rich.
The U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday narrowly approved a bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, a victory for Republican President Donald Trump who has called the 2010 law a "disaster."
Speaking at Berkshire's annual shareholders' meeting in Omaha, Buffett said his federal income taxes last year would have gone down 17 percent had the new law been in effect.'

I've yet to see a Republican house member admit those things are true - some Republican Senators have expressed concerns. Instead we see incredible statements like the assinine comments like a congressman last night or Friday night. 'Nobody ever died from not having medical coverage'.

Do they REALLY think Americans are THAT dumb?

Sorry European politic fans - American health care idiocy has flowed over into your thread. Thankfully Europeans are smart enough to realize Republican type health plans are just DUMB for a supposedly wealthy first world society.

Funny how i surfed over to CNN just now and saw those exact remarks...
But uhhh way to ignore my point
All-Star

PreviousNext