International Women's Day

International Women's Day

by jamie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:36 pm

I know, being the enlightened men you are on here, that you will be acknowledging and celebrating International Women's Day today with the women in your life. Or as some like to refer to them as "the wife."
Veteran

Re: International Women's Day

by West » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:13 pm

A great day to celebrate the women in our lives. Should be more than just a day. Without the women, our world would fall apart.
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:01 pm

jamie wrote:I know, being the enlightened men you are on here, that you will be acknowledging and celebrating International Women's Day today with the women in your life. Or as some like to refer to them as "the wife."

Happy womans day Jamie! If your old man hasnt given you the day off from choirs than tell him i said its allowed..
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by jamie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Day off from choirs hey?

Thanks honey.
Veteran

by Aerial » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:22 pm

jamie wrote:I know, being the enlightened men you are on here, that you will be acknowledging and celebrating International Women's Day today with the women in your life. Or as some like to refer to them as "the wife."

When I mentioned it was IWD to my wife this morning, she didn't even know! :) I'll celebrate with her tonight when I tell her when I pick her up from work that she has to help me try and upright the shed in the backyard that blew over from the wicked winds here today.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by argonaut11xx » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:46 pm

My wife went to the docks, and did her job as a Longshoreman here in BC.

I made her lunch, and will make her dinner when she gets home.

While she was working, I binged watched "All in the Family" , just cant get enough of Archie Bunker

:D :D :D
BUILD THAT WALL...between TORONTO & HAMILTON...then MAKE HAMILTON PAY FOR IT
Starter

by PTBO Dave » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:23 pm

Pfft . . . those of us who have a wife (or wives) know that every day is women's day.

However, if international women's day means we get to spend the day celebrating with women from other countries, then colour me intrigued. :thup: :wink:
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:38 pm

I just read on Facebook that today is National Meatball Day.

It's not getting nearly the press as IWD since there is not a big meatball lobby, but perhaps it's time to start being more inclusive and to show our love for meatballs!

What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:41 pm

PTBO Dave wrote:I just read on Facebook that today is National Meatball Day.

show our love for meatballs!

How did Pat get his own day?!

All-Star

by ryan3434 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:55 pm

PTBO Dave wrote:

Pfft . . . those of us who have a wife (or wives) know that every day is women's day.

However, if international women's day means we get to spend the day celebrating with women from other countries, then colour me intrigued. :thup: :wink:
haha i'll take one from Japan and Brazil please..

All-Star

by Argonauts est.1873 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:58 pm

No need for International Women's Day or Valentines day in this house. The women that is special enough to be in my life gets treated well and with respect everyday. I'm proud to call her my wife. Not the disrespectful The Wife BS.

Guys like Blue Belly Doggy, Devout Danny, Waste and Riyan love to talk down about women. All CL ASSLess Bolts.
Rescue the sunken 'Good Ship Argonaut' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!
All-Star

by West » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:32 pm

Argonauts est.1873 wrote:No need for International Women's Day or Valentines day in this house. The women that is special enough to be in my life gets treated well and with respect everyday. I'm proud to call her my wife. Not the disrespectful The Wife BS.

Guys like Blue Belly Doggy, Devout Danny, Waste and Riyan love to talk down about women. All CL ASSLess Bolts.

whatever you say a whole new bumhole.
All-Star

by Aerial » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:14 pm

Yes, as someone once recently said, it's all about dogma in life, not critical thinking, so really IWD should be something that is practiced every day and no need for a day to preach about what we, as men, should be doing from a dogmatized point of view.

Hey Dan, gotta love that word 'dogma', eh? It works well when you don't want to actually think a bit about things, just do it like we've always done, makes sense, no thinking allowed. I think you know the thread I'm talking about that has now been locked. Silencing makes a whole lot of common sense for discussion. Not. 8) :wink: And you wonder why I don't practice any longer! :o
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:53 pm

Argonauts est.1873 wrote:No need for International Women's Day or Valentines day in this house. The women that is special enough to be in my life gets treated well and with respect everyday. I'm proud to call her my wife. Not the disrespectful The Wife BS.

So back from ban just in time for another one?

All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:26 pm

So, you treat your wife like a possession with the possessive "my", eh? How very respectful!
-Confucius

All-Star

Next