North Korea

North Korea

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:25 pm

What can we do about this nut bar? Seriously. He just fired 4 rockets off of Japan's coast...

N.Korea fires 4 ballistic missiles into sea near Japan: Abe

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/05/nkorea-f ... korea.html

If he gets a Nuclear long range missile, it's over.

I've heard the U.S. knows where The Leader is at all times. I've also heard they can stop him from firing long range missiles but they cannot stop him from lighting up Seoul, if he is attacked, which could mean 100's of thousands, if not millions, dead.

If it was an easy answer, it would have been done long ago. I have no idea what the world can do.

If I was in charge for the day, I would attack, attack, attack. Of course, it's easy for me to say - sitting in Canada.

Any opinions.
All-Star

Re: North Korea

by BigJoeM » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:43 pm

Reverse propaganda may work . Let the best tech guys intercede their airwaves TV and Radio broadcasting day and night to turn over their president /chairman of the board /leader or face annihilation .

I am sure a few military guys wanting a reason for a junta may cause a civil war or just a nice seizure of power and
may stave off a war . That's the best bet and may save millions of lives by just disposing of the nut by their own hands . Let them know they have friends but need to act on their own behalf . Next send food as much as they can once the leader is gone and the rest is history .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by PTBO Dave » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:26 pm

I wonder if an offer of billions, amnesty, and a safe haven somewhere in Europe (since he spent much of his childhood in schools there) would sway Kim Jong-un. They tried that back in the day with Saddam, and I bet in the end he regretted not accepting.

He seems to be doing a really "good" job of avoiding being overthrown by his own military by keeping everyone on their toes with regular deadly purges.

Having said that, firing missiles like the did is a regular occurrence at this time of year. It's mere sabre-rattling in the face of the annual joint Korean-US navy drills.

If I had money to invest, I'd buy Korean won every March since the value always drops sharply after these displays from the North, and sell it every January before the rhetoric starts to ramp up in anticipation of these drills.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:22 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/in ... 83e27f38ed

...I like getting news from tomorrow haha...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:25 pm

RedandWhite wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/in-drills-us-south-korea-practice-striking-norths-nuclear-plants/2016/03/06/46e6019d-5f04-4277-9b41-e02fc1c2e801_story.html?utm_term=.b883e27f38ed

It's funny, after I suggested attacking, I googled "Pictures North Korea" (I've always been fascinated with the place), and I saw all the people, looking happy and no worse for wear. Made me change my mind.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:26 pm

RedandWhite wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/in-drills-us-south-korea-practice-striking-norths-nuclear-plants/2016/03/06/46e6019d-5f04-4277-9b41-e02fc1c2e801_story.html?utm_term=.b883e27f38ed

Actually, it is year ago tomorrow (2016). :)
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:40 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:

It's funny, after I suggested attacking, I googled "Pictures North Korea" (I've always been fascinated with the place), and I saw all the people, looking happy and no worse for wear. Made me change my mind.

Remember, though, that the Kim regime controls the media to an exacting degree. Citizens are not allowed to use the world wide web. Visitors are only allowed to go to certain places and they're always accompanied by "guides" and they can only take photos of state-approved scenes.

If you read some accounts from those who have escaped North Korea, you might get a different perspective. Nonetheless an attack would certainly mean thousands upon thousands of innocent civilian deaths. Of course, turning a blind eye to the regime amounts to the same.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:41 pm

PTBO Dave wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:

Remember, though, that the Kim regime controls the media to an exacting degree. Citizens are not allowed to use the world wide web. Visitors are only allowed to go to certain places and they're always accompanied by "guides" and they can only take photos of state-approved scenes.

If you read some accounts from those who have escaped North Korea, you might get a different perspective. Nonetheless an attack would certainly mean thousands upon thousands of innocent civilian deaths. Of course, turning a blind eye to the regime amounts to the same.

Well said. It is a no win situation.
All-Star

by jamie » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:46 pm

It always shocks me that some think attacking a country won't or doesn't mean that more civilians will be killed than soldiers.

And turning a blind eye or attacking and killing are the only viable options.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:31 pm

jamie wrote:It always shocks me that some think attacking a country won't or doesn't mean that more civilians will be killed than soldiers.

And turning a blind eye or attacking and killing are the only viable options.

Indeed, and at this point, with China getting on board with enforcing economic sanctions against the North, there is some hope that a regime change can be effected without armed conflict.

It would be awesome if this could happen as I have (probably) extended family living there--though communication between my father-in-law and his relatives there has been cut off since the 1950s, so it's impossible to know for sure.
-Confucius

All-Star

by RedandWhite » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:01 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:

Actually, it is year ago tomorrow (2016). :)

...doh!....

...still relevant today though, that's scary...best part:

"Pyongyang....accusing the United States and South Korea of planning a “beheading operation” aimed at removing Kim Jong Un’s regime."

Joint South Korean and U.S. response: "yep, pretty much... "
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:51 pm

RedandWhite wrote:...still relevant today though, that's scary...best part:

:lol:

Yes. That's what struck me, too. It could have been released this week.
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:37 pm

BigJoeM wrote:Reverse propaganda may work . Let the best tech guys intercede their airwaves TV and Radio broadcasting day and night to turn over their president /chairman of the board /leader or face annihilation .

I am sure a few military guys wanting a reason for a junta may cause a civil war or just a nice seizure of power and
may stave off a war . That's the best bet and may save millions of lives by just disposing of the nut by their own hands . Let them know they have friends but need to act on their own behalf . Next send food as much as they can once the leader is gone and the rest is history .

Yah its gotta come from the people. They need a hero.
Or send in the JTF2 snipers. Theyll get **** done.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

by jamie » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:03 pm

Yup piece of cake.
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:59 pm

jamie wrote:Yup piece of cake.

Now Jamie. How would your other feminazi grazers feel about a modern day woman such as yourself making baking references. Tsk tsk
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

Next