North Korea

Re: North Korea

by RedandWhite » Mon May 01, 2017 3:15 pm

jamie wrote:Are we trying for regime change or for NK to stop with nuclear weapon development?

...I'd say the world goes for both...give those poor suffering peasants in NK a chance at something resembling a normal life...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by RedandWhite » Mon May 01, 2017 3:20 pm

...ever seen this? that's China on the top left, and South Korea on the bottom right, and that black void space in between is not a water connection from the Sea of Japan to the Yellow Sea...."let them eat cabbage in the dark" says the Great Leader...
Site Staff

by jamie » Mon May 01, 2017 3:56 pm

Ya I get it but personally I'm not a fan of trying to get another country to change regimes based on another belief systems. That strategy hasn't proven to be very successful.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:41 pm

RedandWhite wrote:Image

...ever seen this? that's China on the top left, and South Korea on the bottom right, and that black void space in between is not a water connection from the Sea of Japan to the Yellow Sea...."let them eat cabbage in the dark" says the Great Leader...

Amazing pic. You'd never even know there was a country there.
All-Star

by Aerial » Mon May 01, 2017 4:46 pm

jamie wrote:Ya I get it but personally I'm not a fan of trying to get another country to change regimes based on another belief systems. That strategy hasn't proven to be very successful.

I'm with you on that one. :thup: It can lead to war and I simply, from a superficial perspective, don't like or want wars.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:53 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:

Amazing pic. You'd never even know there was a country there.

Another sad fact is. NKers are 4 inches shorter than the same folks in the South.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

by beaglehound » Mon May 01, 2017 5:00 pm

"Another sad fact is. NKers are 4 inches shorter than the same folks in the South.".... by Ryan3434

Can you be more specific Ryan. 4" "shorter in what way??
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

by beaglehound » Mon May 01, 2017 5:04 pm

There is a great animated version of that scene R&W. Go to the bottom of:

http://www.citylab.com/work/2014/02/nor ... hole/8484/
All-Star

by Aerial » Mon May 01, 2017 5:07 pm

Cool pic for sure and really shows how a picture is worth a thousand words or so. :o
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Mon May 01, 2017 5:27 pm

...on the brighter side (excuse the pun), NK leads the world in Dark Sky Compliance...
Site Staff

by beaglehound » Mon May 01, 2017 5:30 pm

RedandWhite wrote:...on the brighter side (excuse the pun), NK leads the world in Dark Sky Compliance...

Oh man R&W that was funny!
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Mon May 01, 2017 5:31 pm

jamie wrote:Ya I get it but personally I'm not a fan of trying to get another country to change regimes based on another belief systems. That strategy hasn't proven to be very successful.

The problem in this case is that the belief system of one ruling family is being forced on 20+ million people, with the threat of concentration camps and/or death for anyone expressing dissent.

I'm with you in that I don't think any particular western (or Chinese if it comes to that) system can or should be forced on the people of North Korea, but I think they should be given a chance to choose their own belief system and way of life (or be allowed to emigrate if they don't like the way a legitimate majority chooses), all of which they're currently not allowed to do.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Mon May 01, 2017 5:35 pm

Aerial wrote:

I'm with you on that one. :thup: It can lead to war and I simply, from a superficial perspective, don't like or want wars.

...so, hypothetically speaking, you two are okay with status quo in NK? millions living under oppression and terror, serving a dictator with a God complex?...because sanctions aren't going to work, never do when the guy firmly in charge at the top isn't feeling the pain of hunger at night...
Site Staff

by jamie » Mon May 01, 2017 5:43 pm

I would not go to war with NK over regime change as it stands now. That doesn't mean I'm in favor of that type of leadership.
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Mon May 01, 2017 5:46 pm

...would you retaliate against a NK missile strike to a neighbouring friendly country? (Japan, SK)....

...I would, and I think that is all the US is waiting for to launch a shooting war to out the Kim leadership...I wouldn't invade without that level of provocation, just to enact a regime change...
Site Staff

PreviousNext