"Islamaphobia" motion

Re: "Islamaphobia" motion

by PTBO Dave » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:49 pm

Aerial wrote:Wouldn't be all that surprised West to be honest.

Now there's a lot of Hindus out there. Surely time will come when it's time for Hinduphobia to rear it's head in Canada and our politicians will be weak at the knees once again.

That's one problem with passing a motion, or eventually a bill, that gives precedence to one form of religious persecution over others. Islamaphobia may be the buzzword problem of the day, but it won't be forever. Then, we'll have to amend (if we're still allowed to) the motion/bill to accommodate the next cause celebre.

Another problem is that it leads to further religious/ethnic divide since it is not equally inclusive.

If we need to strengthen our hate speech or hate crime laws, we need to do so equally and inclusively, not by ranking one above all others.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by pigseye2015 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:09 pm

Does anyone really understand the details of this motion?

I'm hearing it would give the government authority to 'gather and collect data' on individuals/groups that they feel could potentially attack Muslims in this country, like the guy in Quebec who was known to authorities for his extreme views.
Starter

by BigJoeM » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:27 pm

The Alberta station was saying it allows private groups to collect names of people or groups that Others feel are using hate whether speaking in private or public . They then can facilitate the access of this information directly to the police . He had trouble discriminating real or false information fact gathering when questioned by the interviewee and how it would be able to police this free for all snitch line on your neighbor .

I just about threw up it sounds like USSR . The interviewer was having trouble holding it in when he interviewed the guy from Edmonton who was the head of this Information gathering Volunteer organization . BIg Brother is watching . When I was listening I was thinking of PTBO as he was right on with his take on the issue .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by BigJoeM » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:34 pm

Just to add if you believe a crime is going to take place contact the police we have that in place with tip lines but no private or public organization should be allowed to keep and uncensored , unqualified , uninvestigated data base on it's citizenry that is the real crime .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by West » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:25 am

pigseye2015 wrote:Does anyone really understand the details of this motion?

I'm hearing it would give the government authority to 'gather and collect data' on individuals/groups that they feel could potentially attack Muslims in this country, like the guy in Quebec who was known to authorities for his extreme views.

You mean like a barbaric cultural practices line? :wink:

If you think someone is going in to shoot up a Mosque you can already contact the police.

The left is just barking like dogs for a couple votes.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:13 pm

What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:20 pm

It's funny my girlfriend was upset that a Muslim woman was at the pool on our Cuba trip in scorching hot temperatures in head to toe black heat catching garb in the heat of the day . I am surprised her husband in swim shorts didn't get a kick in the nuts that day.
Veteran

by Aerial » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Quebec woud love to get rid of anyone with the Muslim religion or anyone who speaks English or any other language other than pure French Quebecois Canadian as their first language.

But they can't and many are upset they are stuck with Muslims and other type Canadians that don't speak pure French Quebecois Canadian as their first language. Fortunately this group of Quebecers is very small and in the long run will not matter much on the North American landscape. They will be Canjuns soon enough, small and insignificant on the NA landscape as I say. That said, I do hope they keep their culture of their music and that just like east coast Canada has kept their music alive and some other aspects of their local culture. And the New Orleans Canjun roots. I think many of us still want to visit Quebec to sort of pretend we are visiting France and it's closer and a lot cheaper than travelling over to France. Just to hear people speaking French on the street is sort of cool and soon enough will be basically nostalgic. :wink:

To end this post - bonjour!
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Ive heard that argument before. Its still imposed on them by a religion made up by men.. stop making excuses feminazis
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

by ryan3434 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:29 pm

BigJoeM wrote:

It's funny my girlfriend was upset that a Muslim woman was at the pool on our Cuba trip in scorching hot temperatures in head to toe black heat catching garb in the heat of the day . I am surprised her husband in swim shorts didn't get a kick in the nuts that day.

Ran into same situation in collingwood last summer. 38 degress with humidex and heres buddy with 4 women in potatoe sacks and hes in shorts and a wife beater.. The only thing stopping me from getting beligerent was my son being there. I woulda locked him in my car with the windows up

Hall of Famer

by BigJoeM » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Hey Ryan how do you link vids from you tube .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1_viPSD-bY . 1st attempt
Veteran

by ryan3434 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:40 pm

BigJoeM wrote:Hey Ryan how do you link vids from you tube .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1_viPSD-bY . 1st attempt

Well done. Took me forever to learn lol

Hall of Famer

by BigJoeM » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ1_6s5OFmM One more since I am practicing .
Veteran

by ryan3434 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:45 pm

80 percent commiting crimes are new arrivals.. Unreal.

Hall of Famer

by BigJoeM » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Now I can at least look like I a can show where I get some of my info not all but film does paint a picture sometimes better than words .
Veteran

PreviousNext