"Islamaphobia" motion

Re: "Islamaphobia" motion

by pikk » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:29 pm

Just a ploy to rile the conservatives. And all it did was divide the country. Everything the liberals said about harper is coming true under trudeau.
All-Star

by Aerial » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:37 pm

From what i have heard the conservatives agreed to m103 aslong as it was ammended to take out islamaphobia (what ever the hell that means) but whats her face refused to do it... Now if true you have to got to ask why wouldnt she??

Yup ryan, is there an actual definition that would suffice where most people would actually know what it means and in what contexts? I'm very confused with this honestly. :?
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:11 pm

Aerial wrote:
From what i have heard the conservatives agreed to m103 aslong as it was ammended to take out islamaphobia (what ever the hell that means) but whats her face refused to do it... Now if true you have to got to ask why wouldnt she??

Yup ryan, is there an actual definition that would suffice where most people would actually know what it means and in what contexts? I'm very confused with this honestly. :?

Totally agree it is fear (lslamaphobia) whether you add unjustified so why should the word be in the first place . Who determines that ? You have to stand in the others shoes and read their minds . Phobia : an anxiety disorder usually to the degree greater than the danger .

It is a child's attempt at being grown up unfortunately a few yahoos threatened her over it and now it grows legs where it shouldn't have to begin with if somebody with common sense had demanded for the interpretation of the term . Everyone has the right to whatever phobia .Should we have a law prohibiting phobias of everything .

Besides we have hate laws already just a another liberal talking down to it's voters with a escalating division that causes more harm than good .

Here is a good vid from a Muslim man who states it all perfectly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK7drwowVIA
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by Aerial » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:39 pm

No audio with my outdate Mac right now but the caption from the video is revealing. No questions it seems to me the Left planted the seeds.

Within a week of his presidential inauguration, Trump initiated a refugee ban amidst widespread international protests. While the outrage may be justified, the Left's censoring of intellectuals, moderate Muslims, and liberal thinkers on the issue of Islamic reform was what led to Trump's Muslim ban, or at the very least enabled it.

"Regressive lefitism"

Regressive Left activists often claim to be fighting against “fascism” or “the extreme Right”. Ironically, they are the ones who, time and again, resort to classic 1930s fascist tactics such as wrecking the meetings of their opponents and in some cases harassing or attacking attendees.

I experienced this last year while attending a meeting at the University of Sydney that was being addressed by a speaker known to be defensive of Israel, a position now verboten on cam­puses around the world.

The meeting was disrupted by a chanting mob led by a young woman with a megaphone, the leaders making clear afterwards that they were there not to challenge or debate but to silence.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/in ... f4a3303919
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:05 pm

Look at thr wanna be American lefties protesting the free speach protestors. Do somethin original for once Toronto
https://youtu.be/Jscu1hbNlYo

Pathetic
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

by Aerial » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:32 am

Yes, they want to exert their control through silencing.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Wed May 10, 2017 6:41 am

Just came across this article about New Zealand politician being surprised to find out they still had (as Canada does) blasphemy laws, which they are now taking steps to get rid of.

I like what their PM had to say about it: "Laws that overreach on addressing robust speech are not a good idea."

And their Anglican archbishop agreed, saying it was a "nuanced" issue, and it was important to have laws against inciting violence, but the right not be offended was not sacred.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/92323066/surprise-as-public-figures-told-new-zealand-still-has-antiblasphemy-laws
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:59 am

He/she may want to do that quickly..

The muslim population isnt that large now so the politicians dont have to pander to them yet.

Hall of Famer

by Aerial » Wed May 10, 2017 7:01 am

Good find PTBO. Very interesting.
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Blasphemy laws in 2017.. 2017!! **** l o l.
Atleast NZ recognizes its a stupid idea. Where as our government thinks its good we bring back laws of the middle ages.

Hall of Famer

by PTBO Dave » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:53 pm

Good news: another blasphemy law bites the dust:
http://iheu.org/blasphemy-law-denmark-no/

I wonder if Trudeau knows that Denmark "is a thing" and will follow their lead.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:55 pm

PTBO Dave wrote:Good news: another blasphemy law bites the dust:
http://iheu.org/blasphemy-law-denmark-no/

I wonder if Trudeau knows that Denmark "is a thing" and will follow their lead.

Not holding my breath.

Its about time that muslims understand they dont have the right to be offended none of us do. and they cant expect that their beliefs should be everyone elses. The sooner they understand this the better

Hall of Famer

Previous