Anti Trumpsters

Re: Anti Trumpsters

by jamie » Thu May 18, 2017 12:07 pm

True...I think it goes beyond ego though. He really shows signs of living in a different universe. A pathology almost. A very bizarre man. He would be a nightmare to work with or for, never mind live with. There is a part of me that feels almost sorry or pity for him actually. I would imagine that his family is quite worried about him.
All-Star

by beaglehound » Thu May 18, 2017 2:45 pm

jamie wrote: He would be a nightmare to work with or for, never mind live with. I would imagine that his family is quite worried about him.

Try to keep it real Jamie. If what you're saying is that for you it would be a nightmare to work with and work for Trump that is one thing but I do hope you're not speaking for the thousands and thousands who have worked for him and with him. If you are then you simply have nothing to base that on other than your own perception.

And why would you say Trump is difficult to live with and that you imagine his family is quite worried about him? Have you spoken directly with family members? Can you support your assertions? You can't so why throw it out there like so much excrement? It is these kinds of remarks that networks like CNN constantly feed the masses and then try to run with it to boost their ratings. Networks like CNN love guys like you. Remarks like the ones you've just made are just silly gossip. I think you're a better person than that.
Last edited by beaglehound on Thu May 18, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

by Aerial » Thu May 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Very well said beagle. :thup:
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by jamie » Thu May 18, 2017 4:32 pm

Ok...Fair enough.
Like all things on here...These are my opinions...just that.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:51 pm

Interesting to hear the comments of the ghost author of Trump's Art of the Deal book - who basically spent 18 months shadowing Trump.

From what he says - I certainly would not want to work directly for Trump. He routinely throws people under the bus. He's never the one that is wrong.

He said in the entire year he was with Trump - in his office etc. he never saw anybody who worked for him have the nerve to say. 'Maybe we should do that a different way' even. Never mind actually outright disagee with him.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/17/art-of-the ... edictable/

​”​Trump’s distrust has almost palpably mushroomed​,” Schwartz wrote. “No importuning by his advisers would stand a chance of constraining him when he feels this deeply triggered. The more he feels at the mercy of forces he cannot control ​-​ and he is surely feeling that now ​- ​the more resentful, desperate and impulsive he becomes.​”

“Early on, I recognized that Trump’s sense of self-worth is forever at risk,” Schwartz wrote in the op-ed. “When he feels aggrieved, he reacts impulsively and defensively, constructing a self-justifying story that doesn’t depend on facts and always directs the blame to others.”

​Schwartz wrote that all these years later, he can still remember how Trump’s tantrums over some “perceived slight” sent workers scurrying and petrified to disagree with him.

​”​In the hundreds of Trump’s phone calls I listened in on with his consent, and the dozens of meetings I attended with him, I can never remember anyone disagreeing with him about anything​,” Schwartz wrote. “The same climate of fear and paranoia appears to have taken root in his White House.​”​

All-Star

by Aerial » Thu May 18, 2017 6:17 pm

There are all sorts of people who can be very, very difficult to work with and I've come across a few myself over the years. You just don't want to get on their bad side or else you're in big doodoo and some of these sorts it's best to move onto another place to work. Saw people get thrown under the bus who didn't play along with the chief, not nice to see when you respected these people.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by beaglehound » Thu May 18, 2017 6:58 pm

"He's never the one that is wrong." by TravelPat

Obviously you and Trump share something very much in common TravelPat1. :lol:
All-Star

by jamie » Thu May 18, 2017 8:27 pm

It's good to know beagle that you agree that trump can never admit he could be wrong.
All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Thu May 18, 2017 8:49 pm

jamie wrote:It's good to know beagle that you agree that trump can never admit he could be wrong.

How many presidents have?
All-Star

by jamie » Thu May 18, 2017 8:57 pm

All-Star

by Aerial » Thu May 18, 2017 9:12 pm

All-Star

by beaglehound » Thu May 18, 2017 11:03 pm

jamie wrote:It's good to know beagle that you agree that trump can never admit he could be wrong.

Now now Jamie. I believe Aerial has just made it game set and match! If you are going to make an inference you must be sure it is the correct one and that it is accurate. :wink:
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:32 am

One of Comey's friends appeared on PBS Newshour last night.. Said Comey felt he needed to protect the FBI from this White House which was 'not honourable'.
Nice teaser for any Comey testimony.
All-Star

by beaglehound » Fri May 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Officially, special counsel Robert Mueller, the former FBI director who is now leading an inquiry, is investigating “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump,” as well as crimes that may take place during the course of the investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, and witness intimidation.

I am sure if anything is uncovered that validates the suspicions of those who want Trump's head served on a silver platter will be cause for celebration BUT.....

What if nothing comes to light? What if, much to the dismay of the Anti-Trumpsters Mueller, who apparently has a an exemplary record and much integrity finds nothing? I am wondering what song the song birds on the cfl forums will chirp? Will they say, " I guess we'll never know what the "real and true story is? Yep, I can hear it now. Will they say that should Mueller find nothing that he himself must somehow be complicit in some way? Will they say that the investigation must have been rigged if there are no heads to roll? Will they weave yet another conspiracy web?

If no dirt can be dug up on Trump he will yet again be vindicated but it will not stop there. The whiners and grunters will go back to the drawing board and that includes some of our most outspoken whiners here on the CFL forums. I for one will not be surprised if they will come up with some way of rationalizing their sentiments and yet again cry foul and say that it was all rigged and Mueller was yet another doing Trump's bidding.

And if there is something to chirp about?

The following makes for interesting reading....

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... estigation
All-Star

by jamie » Fri May 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Yes Beagle. I'm curious as to how you will respond to either of those two scenarios myself.
All-Star

PreviousNext