Anti Trumpsters

Re: Anti Trumpsters

by Aerial » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:25 am

The other approach is to put one's energy into working with the Trump administration to try and effect positive changes. But that takes true energy and a willingness to work for the betterment of the country. Much easier to just call politicians names and that and get one's jollies doing so without really accomplishing anything constructively. And it's fun doing so for many people. I have done this myself as well, unfortunately.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:11 am

Aerial wrote:The other approach is to put one's energy into working with the Trump administration to try and effect positive changes. But that takes true energy and a willingness to work for the betterment of the country. Much easier to just call politicians names and that and get one's jollies doing so without really accomplishing anything constructively. And it's fun doing so for many people. I have done this myself as well, unfortunately.

Won't happen. Trump isn't willing to work with his foes (even though he sometimes lies to say he will).
Maybe with a Pence presidency (and get rid of all the other Trump WH goons) it can happen.

It is a lot of fun belittling Trump and all ... they give people like me plenty of ammunition to do so. Anyway, not my backwards country.
Veteran

by TravelPat1 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:23 am

Aerial wrote:The other approach is to put one's energy into working with the Trump administration to try and effect positive changes. But that takes true energy and a willingness to work for the betterment of the country. Much easier to just call politicians names and that and get one's jollies doing so without really accomplishing anything constructively. And it's fun doing so for many people. I have done this myself as well, unfortunately.

Kind of tough to do that Earl when you see people like Devos and Pruitt - whose views on Education and climate change/the environment are almost diametrically the opposite of Democrat views - put in charge of the Education department and the EPA.

And on this health bill debacle the Republicans in the Senate are refusing to even hold public hearings - never mind making even any effort just for appearances sake of trying to inlude even one Democrat in their health care reform attempts - which appears to be blowing up in their faces. A number of Republicans cancelled Town Hall meetings the last couple of weeks because they feared the public's reaction.

Maybe once the Senate bill blows up the adults in the room will actually try something bipartisan to improve the ACA.
All-Star

by Paolo X » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:43 am

As I heard stated on the miniseries "Black Sails" last year when the main character, a naval officer at the time, was briefing a nobleman with regards to the political opportunity at hand given the prevalence of piracy during British global colonialism in the 16th century and beyond: "civilization needs its monsters."

And so we have Trump as such now globally, amongst a few others globally or in any given region or country.

What passes for supposed discussion of issues that are supposedly important makes for great distraction, including with today's monsters and their character and all that emotion, as otherwise those with the reins of power go about their business with less attention paid to such matters and they toil away mostly at our collective expense.

Those in power have always known this, the media whom they own or control dominantly have known this, and even with the pervasive use of the internet most of the public has never been easier to distract from the common issues that behind the scenes do affect them such as the wages, regulations, benefits and conditions at their jobs whether they know better or not.

Consider how many people like us even read articles on the internet any more even though they have more access than ever. Even 15 years ago, it was hard to find quality, original content online beyond the regurgitation of usually television or print media drivel.

Don't many people you know merely engage in short responses via social media without doing any critical thinking? Aren't most attention spans shorter than ever?

And so the public remains easy to distract, and the monster of the month is an easy means to do so, whatever the underlying merits of current policy by any parties as with Trump.

Emotional click-bait and the like with regard to "monsters" will prevail amongst the masses over prudent critical thinking on substantive matters for now.

And historically usually most people only wake up from such a current dream of drivel and obsession with monsters when war is at hand, life or health is at risk, and/or of course financial distress hits like never before.
All-Star

by Paolo X » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:46 am

Liquor Kitty wrote:

Won't happen. Trump isn't willing to work with his foes (even though he sometimes lies to say he will).
Maybe with a Pence presidency (and get rid of all the other Trump WH goons) it can happen.

It is a lot of fun belittling Trump and all ... they give people like me plenty of ammunition to do so. Anyway, not my backwards country.

Again, having lived under Pence's reign as governor in Indiana, no he's not going to work across the political aisle and stop with such nonsense already. In Indiana, Pence worked only with his Republican legislature to do much harm to the average person who otherwise was not rich. There is no way he's going to be better not that Trump is good, and Pence would be Darth Cheney Lite.

Be very, very careful what you wish for including for the likes of Mike Pence as president. :thdn:
All-Star

by Paolo X » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:54 am

TravelPat1 wrote:

Kind of tough to do that Earl when you see people like Devos and Pruitt - whose views on Education and climate change/the environment are almost diametrically the opposite of Democrat views - put in charge of the Education department and the EPA.

And on this health bill debacle the Republicans in the Senate are refusing to even hold public hearings - never mind making even any effort just for appearances sake of trying to inlude even one Democrat in their health care reform attempts - which appears to be blowing up in their faces. A number of Republicans cancelled Town Hall meetings the last couple of weeks because they feared the public's reaction.

Maybe once the Senate bill blows up the adults in the room will actually try something bipartisan to improve the ACA.

Pat it's not often I agree with most of your points that are so often so in favour of the Establishment Democratic party, but this time I do.

The only difference I would have with your statement above is that the health reform debate for sake of the matter of inclusion of the Democrats is hearsay now, as the GOP allege they have invited the Democrats and the Democrats allege they have not been invited.

Whenever we hear that rhetoric from both major parties and their corresponding media, usually that means they are both not telling the whole story and full of much BS as nothing is getting done anyway.

The Democrats and Republicans went through the same crap with such hearsay in 2009 and 2010 when the Democrats had run of Washington and got nothing good done and then not much at all only to be rewarded with their first clobbering at the polls since 2002 in 2010.

But let's not forget that the Republicans continued not to cooperate and were so stubborn that they did not put up a candidate who represented anything new such that Obama, despite his challenges and a lingering recession, still won re-election in 2012.

As we did until sometime in 2014 in much of the US with the real recession lingering, we all pay for such prolonged bipartisan hearsay and congressional inaction.
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Paolo X wrote:Be very, very careful what you wish for including for the likes of Mike Pence as president. :thdn:

I don't really wish or care for anything good when it comes to politics in the U.S. right now or ever. I am a Canadian.

I did say "maybe" underlined when it came to Pence being bipartisan.
Veteran

by Liquor Kitty » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:37 am

Yes.
Attachments
DElZPLWXkAAaPku.jpg
Veteran

by RedandWhite » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:58 am

...I hope the pee tape is real too, that would be the bomb...in this crazy batsh!tstorm of a circus could you imagine?!...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:05 am

RedandWhite wrote:...I hope the pee tape is real too, that would be the bomb...in this crazy batsh!tstorm of a circus could you imagine?!...

:thup:

Wouldn`t THAT be fun(ny).

Years from now, who plays Trump in the movie about this administration?

As the resident `movie guy`, I can`t think of anyone.
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:24 am

KevinRiley2 wrote:
RedandWhite wrote:...I hope the pee tape is real too, that would be the bomb...in this crazy batsh!tstorm of a circus could you imagine?!...

I can see William Shatner with an light orange coloured tribble on his head.
Veteran

by Paolo X » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:24 am

Last night on a FB post a fan of Trump and quite the conservative ideologue and friend (yes, I too have friends of almost all political stripes), asked,
"Oh you're a real Trump fan? Name three of his songs then."

Play along too perhaps.

My response:
"Crazy Train" (Ozzy), "Shaft", and "The Breaks" (Curtis Blow) - Like or hate, he's a baaaaaad man. You're damn right.
All-Star

by sambo42 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:36 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:

Alec Baldwin, he might be the same age as Trump is now when it gets made lol, and can convince him to do it
ryan3434: gandhi was a black hating racist
Hall of Famer

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Liquor Kitty wrote:I can see William Shatner with an light orange coloured tribble on his head.

Too old but maybe.
sambo42 wrote: Alec Baldwin, he might be the same age as Trump is now when it gets made lol, and can convince him to do it

The problem is, I'd want him play the role straight and NOT as a joke.

Phillips Seymour Hoffman would have been great but, sadly... :(
All-Star

by sambo42 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:55 pm

Paolo X wrote:Last night on a FB post a fan of Trump and quite the conservative ideologue and friend (yes, I too have friends of almost all political stripes), asked,
"Oh you're a real Trump fan? Name three of his songs then."

Play along too perhaps.

My response:
"Crazy Train" (Ozzy), "Shaft", and "The Breaks" (Curtis Blow) - Like or hate, he's a baaaaaad man. You're damn right.

Hmmmm.... Loser (Beck), Lonesome Loser (Little River Band), Death on Two Legs (Queen-listen to the song, and you will understand why I included it lol)
ryan3434: gandhi was a black hating racist
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext