Abortions...

Re: Abortions...

by PTBO Dave » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:55 pm

jamie wrote:For anyone who believes without reservation what Aerial posted-that "left leaning" people or even "far left" people want to stamp out Christianity or religion I urge you to do some more research on this beyond the gospel preached on here by 5-6 individuals.

Think Martin Luther King, Tommy Douglas, Pierre Trudeau ( attended and taught by Jesuits and a strict catholic his whole life)
Bruce Cockburn, Jack Layton...the list is endless. Seeing the world from a left lens does not preclude religious beliefs in any way shape or form.
You think Pope Francis is a "right-wing" thinker??

That's the same as thinking all "right-wing" people are evangelists or tea party politicians.

Agreed. There is certainly a portion of left-leaning people who want to raise a spectre of fear in regards to Christians (just as there is certainly a portion of right-leaning people who want to raise a spectre of fear in regards to Muslims), but that portion does not represent all or even a majority of the left.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by argonaut11xx » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:57 pm

jamie wrote:You never asked a question. Just a shut down attack.

No answer to that my friend. But I'll just put you on my ignore list. You demonstrated a great irony. Bye Bye.

Typical lefty who cannot take a counter point. Your completely intolerant just like most on the " left side"

I never ignore, or block an advisory , that is just a sign of WEAKNESS.
BUILD THAT WALL...between TORONTO & HAMILTON...then MAKE HAMILTON PAY FOR IT
Starter

by jamie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:04 pm

Yes Dave. agreed. I think most people who view the world as a place where we need to get along believe this.
Beliefs are a framework and generally nuanced. Dogma or blanketed ideology usually is not so nuanced.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:26 pm

argonaut11xx wrote:

No answer to that my friend. But I'll just put you on my ignore list. You demonstrated a great irony. Bye Bye.

Typical lefty who cannot take a counter point. Your completely intolerant just like most on the " left side"

Except you didn't make a counterpoint. You made an assertion about Douglass that, as far as I could see at least, has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You followed that up with a request for a quote by Layton (which is also not a counterpoint), and you followed that up with a passive-aggressive insult, but not a counterpoint.

You're also not an advisory, but I think that was just a spelling issue rather than a misunderstanding of the term, like with counterpoint.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by Aerial » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:31 pm

Tell me though, for the ideals of inclusion and equality, which ideology best represents the unborn human being, liberalism or conservatism? Because any definition of inclusion an equality really should include the unborn human being.

It would be hard to say what issue is closest to the hearts of liberals — inequality, diversity, labor unions, or maximizing the size and reach of government. What seems to get them most exercised, however, is the issue of abortion. That attitude leaves conservatives in a state of bewildered disbelief. How can liberals, Democrats, the left, be such enthusiastic supporters of something that is, at best, a necessary evil? Why are they so protective of unlimited abortion and paranoid about placing any restrictions whatsoever on it? How do they manage to feel so positive about something that is so profoundly negative?...

On some issues there is often little real difference between Republican and Democrat politicians’ attitudes and reactions. Not this time. Republicans are not mincing words about what the Planned Parenthood videos reveal. On this issue Republicans are showing some backbone. Democrats, on the other hand, “see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.” The abortion debate that is now front and center provides an unambiguous contrast between the two parties. Moral clarity can be a powerful force.

https://spectator.org/63534_liberals-co ... -abortion/
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by jamie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:38 pm

Aerial: In Canada if you want the laws on abortion overturned you are best served by voting PC I would say. But I doubt they would tackle that. Even Harper skated around that.
All-Star

by Aerial » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:45 pm

No question abortion is as tricky of an issue for a politician as there is. Why it seems to be even trickier in Canada as compared with the US, I think that is what you are saying, I'm not sure.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:00 pm

Aerial wrote:No question abortion is as tricky of an issue for a politician as there is. Why it seems to be even trickier in Canada as compared with the US, I think that is what you are saying, I'm not sure.

My guess is that it's because that more Americans are deeply affected by the church and Bible than Canadians are. We don't really have an equivalent to their Bible belt where the church holds much sway over voters.
-Confucius

All-Star

by jamie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:05 pm

Aerial: I'm not saying its trickier in Canada. I'm not sure. I know that the selection of Supreme Court judges in the US is often cited as a way to overturn long standing Roe VS Roe the cornerstone of making abortions legal there.

I suspect it would be a blood bath in both countries. But choice is more ingrained within the Liberal party and NDP I think.

Again..you might want to do some independent research on this rather than rely on this board for a more complete opinion without the abuse.
All-Star

by Aerial » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:16 pm

For sure, it is such a difficult topic and no question one cannot do enough research, which I admittedly haven't done, to form a more comprehensive and thorough opinion. Many angles to come from.
All-Star

by jamie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:28 pm

Aerial..Well...again if its this important to you, take some time to go beyond the 5-6 opinions on this board. You know none of these people and they are anonymous and can say whatever they want without any repercussions. At least search out some real thoughts of people who have some true credibility beyond...If you are "choice" you are for murder. If you for "life" you hate women. You KNOW for a start these these extremes are just that but that's the take here often. And you've previously shared personal experiences on this topic which again tells you that those extremes may not be rational.
All-Star

by Argonauts est.1873 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:24 am

We do have a bible belt in parts of Alberta and Saskatchewan for sure. There's a bible belt in this section. One of very fanatical proportions. So remember to stop, chant, drop and roll before you log on.

Jamie it's Conservative not PC anymore. We've lost the middle. Hope the new leader is more moderate and closer to the middle then Harper. Religion has no place in politics especially when there are too many in Canada and so many can be offended.
Rescue the sunken 'Good Ship Argonaut' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!
All-Star

by West » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:49 am

Argonauts est.1873 wrote:Wake up and smell the reality that not everyone believes in cults. Suckers!

You keep bringing up religion when I told you my beliefs have nothing to do with it on the manner.

But I guess if it makes you feel better to attack religion to validate the taking of life do what you gotta do.

You don't need to be religious to understand the taking of life is wrong.
Last edited by West on Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by West » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:05 am

jamie wrote:Think Martin Luther King, Tommy Douglas,

Both of whom I'm sure would be rolling in their graves if they saw what has become of the "progressive" movement.
Last edited by West on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by West » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:09 am

argonaut11xx wrote:

Seems to be the common trend here by lefties.

Put you on his ignore list. Real mature.
All-Star

PreviousNext