Abortions...

Re: Abortions...

by West » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:13 pm

Wouldn't worry too much about it Dan. Most in the Catholic Church are good people and appalled at the Catholic priest sex scandals. This guy on the other hand is so sick and twisted that he actually glorifies the killing of babies. Sick puppy indeed.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:18 pm

West wrote:Wouldn't worry too much about it Dan. Most in the Catholic Church are good people and appalled at the Catholic priest sex scandals. This guy on the other hand is so sick and twisted that he actually glorifies the killing of babies. Sick puppy indeed.

Just to be clear, do you mean Trudeau or Argonaut est.1873? :o
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by pigseye2015 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:19 pm

Guess how much money we give away to developing countries just on maternal & children aide?

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/canada-not-fu ... 51827.html

On Thursday, Harper announced C$3.5 billion ($3.2 billion) in aid for maternal and children's health for 2015-20, bumped up from the C$2.85 billion allocated for 2010-15.

"The government of Canada... can't do everything, and we've chosen to focus most of our funding in the areas where we think we can be most effective and are most effective," he said.

Harper pointed to Tanzania, one of the recipients of Canadian aid, where the mortality rate of children under five has dropped to 54 out of 1,000 from 81 out of 1,000 in 2010, when Ottawa launched a push on maternal and children's health.

We certainly are a generous nation of suckers.
Starter

by jamie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:46 pm

well we are all different of course but I applaud Canada for this.

If we believe that it's important to show our way of life without hitting someone in the face with a hammer or a gun then I think this is good way.
Veteran

by Aerial » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:57 pm

Sure, it is a very good will gesture. Just make sure Canada you take care of me in my senior days if I don't have money and can't work, hard to find work as a senior really, but have lived here all my life and have been a good upstanding citizen.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by Argonauts est.1873 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:06 pm

However to have any opinion about a women's choice on how SHE deals with HER own body and you're condoning killing.

West you're a real piece of work or something that's for sure. This site needs a Costco sized package of toilet paper because it's so full of crap.

Wake up and smell the reality that not everyone believes in cults. Suckers!
Rescue the sunken 'Good Ship Argonaut' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!
All-Star

by DAN38 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:10 pm

West wrote:Wouldn't worry too much about it Dan. Most in the Catholic Church are good people and appalled at the Catholic priest sex scandals. This guy on the other hand is so sick and twisted that he actually glorifies the killing of babies. Sick puppy indeed.

Thanks West...... there are doctors who abuse but do we crucify all doctors. ? No, and the reason why is that the number of doctors that abuse is such a small fraction. The number of abusive priests is even a smaller fraction. We don't hear those facts though. The number of priests over the years that have been caught abusing or covering up abuse is just over 3,000. The number of priests who are good men, worldwide everyday, on average is over 410,000. The Church has and is cleaning up it's act. This whole thing is like the BS media we keep getting fed. There is an agenda to stomp out Christianity and where is the best place to start ? At the beginning....

argo/bungle 1873 says abortion is OK. This is from a guy who has no kids(his choice) because he says he is smarter than the rest of us who do... Maybe he is right. Hate to see that offspring.
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star

by Aerial » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:15 pm

Lefty lefties do indeed have a hidden agenda to stomp out religion and that is sad and I'm saying this as someone who doesn't practice any religion albeit influenced growing up Catholic. Goes agains't democracy really come to think of it.

I don't understand the Left, they want democracy with full rights to all, inclusion and all of that, but don't seem to want to recognize those that have religious values that includes not aborting fetuses, some say fully humans. Weird. :?

Islmaphdobia should be gotten rid of, that we can have laws agains't but the unborn can just be hacked to death because, well, it's just such a liberal value for the mother that has a name and is recognized as a "person". Makes no sense at all. In some ways it's actually quite scary.

I think from now on I'm voting for a leader that has a strong stand agains't killing unborn human beings. I hope that doesn't make me a bad person. :o Again saying this as someone basically not religious.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by argonaut11xx » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:00 pm

Aerial wrote:Lefty lefties do indeed have a hidden agenda to stomp out religion and that is sad and I'm saying this as someone who doesn't practice any religion albeit influenced growing up Catholic. Goes agains't democracy really come to think of it.

I don't understand the Left, they want democracy with full rights to all, inclusion and all of that, but don't seem to want to recognize those that have religious values that includes not aborting fetuses, some say fully humans. Weird. :?

Islmaphdobia should be gotten rid of, that we can have laws agains't but the unborn can just be hacked to death because, well, it's just such a liberal value for the mother that has a name and is recognized as a "person". Makes no sense at all. In some ways it's actually quite scary.

I think from now on I'm voting for a leader that has a strong stand agains't killing unborn human beings. I hope that doesn't make me a bad person. :o Again saying this as someone basically not religious.

Well said, well thought out....
BUILD THAT WALL...between TORONTO & HAMILTON...then MAKE HAMILTON PAY FOR IT
Starter

by jamie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:22 pm

For anyone who believes without reservation what Aerial posted-that "left leaning" people or even "far left" people want to stamp out Christianity or religion I urge you to do some more research on this beyond the gospel preached on here by 5-6 individuals.

Think Martin Luther King, Tommy Douglas, Pierre Trudeau ( attended and taught by Jesuits and a strict catholic his whole life)
Bruce Cockburn, Jack Layton...the list is endless. Seeing the world from a left lens does not preclude religious beliefs in any way shape or form.
You think Pope Francis is a "right-wing" thinker??

That's the same as thinking all "right-wing" people are evangelists or tea party politicians.
Veteran

by RedandWhite » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:27 pm

..very good points there
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by argonaut11xx » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:33 pm

jamie wrote:For anyone who believes without reservation what Aerial posted-that "left leaning" people or even "far left" people want to stamp out Christianity or religion I urge you to do some more research on this beyond the gospel preached on here by 5-6 individuals.

Think Martin Luther King, Tommy Douglas, Pierre Trudeau ( attended and taught by Jesuits and a strict catholic his whole life)
Bruce Cockburn, Jack Layton...the list is endless. Seeing the world from a left lens does not preclude religious beliefs in any way shape or form.
You think Pope Francis is a "right-wing" thinker??

That's the same as thinking all "right-wing" people are evangelists or tea party politicians.

Tommy Douglas wanted to euthanize "retarded folks", and sorry any quote with Layton? Jack Latyon was a nut case. Your a hard fellow to take seriously.
Starter

by jamie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:06 pm

Hoooo Boy...Okay then...
Veteran

by argonaut11xx » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:46 pm

jamie wrote:Hoooo Boy...Okay then...

Cool heartfelt answer....um...NOT
Starter

by jamie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:49 pm

You never asked a question. Just a shut down attack.

No answer to that my friend. But I'll just put you on my ignore list. You demonstrated a great irony. Bye Bye.
Veteran

PreviousNext