Abortions...

Abortions...

by ryan3434 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:03 pm

I was listening to some chump, name is escaping me right now, talk about abortions in the US disguised as a womans right speech to a crowd of im assuming mostly women. His intention was to make getting abortions a constitutional right so Trump couldnt change laws.
When he mentioned this the crowd absolutely errupted in cheers.. It was pretty tough to listen quite honestly.. They are basically cheering on the fact that its legal to kill a fetus.. How wierd is that?.

Anyways got me thinking about the stats for ending pregnancy in Canada and US..
The numbers are just wow..

Canada There are about 31 abortions per 100 live births: roughly 330,000 live births and 100,000 abortions each year. About half of the abortions are performed in hospitals, half in clinics.
http://www.med.uottawa.ca/sim/data/abortion_e.htm

The US.
This one is a like the debt clock
http://www.numberofabortions.com

86000 already this year.
2700 just today.

Are the pro abortionist aware of these kind of numbers? Do they even care that abortion is now basically a contraceptive.

Side note. Im not totally anti abortion because i believe the fetus is alive at moment of conception. For me its also the fact men have no right in the say of women aborting their unborn child..Not exactly equality but i digress.

Discuss
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

Re: Abortions...

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:05 pm

Those numbers are shocking/disgusting.

I wish I had not read this thread. :(
All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:06 pm

I'm ok with abortions in certain situations...but not as a method of birth control
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:07 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:Those numbers are shocking/disgusting.

I wish I had not read this thread. :(

Im sorry.. Probably should of put a warning.

I agree its pretty disgusting.

All-Star

by ryan3434 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:09 pm

oo DAWG oo wrote:I'm ok with abortions in certain situations...but not as a method of birth control

Like rape or incest or defects?

All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:15 pm

Certainly rape ... incest could be a form of rape..
defects (which is a not so good term) is subjectable. If you could know early enough? I don't know depending on what it is i dont think i could put too much shame on the parents.
raising a disabled person (for their entire life) is not for everyone and not everyone could handle that.that one is a tough area
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:30 pm

oo DAWG oo wrote:Certainly rape ... incest could be a form of rape..
defects (which is a not so good term) is subjectable. If you could know early enough? I don't know depending on what it is i dont think i could put too much shame on the parents.
raising a disabled person (for their entire life) is not for everyone and not everyone could handle that.that one is a tough area

Admittedly we took the test to see if there was complications. We never really talked about the what if scenario though. Im glad we didnt have too

All-Star

by argonaut11xx » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:26 pm

I'm very much on the "right" side of politics.

That said.

I have 2 beautiful ADULT children who are 26, and 24 yrs old.

Their mother decided to TERMINATE another 2 babies, against my wishes, due to the financial situation of the day.

I really had no say in her "choice", and sadly it ended up being the main reason that our family broke up.

Yes I was the "bad guy" at the time. Yet its funny how the situation reversed.

MY children came to me, the riches came to me, and I have a peaceful wonderful life.

Stuff sure is overrated. Love isn't.
BUILD THAT WALL...between TORONTO & HAMILTON...then MAKE HAMILTON PAY FOR IT
Starter

by PTBO Dave » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:01 am

I always find this a tough issue. And I think anyone who can't understand, at least to some degree, the other side is just blinded by dogma.

I also don't like abortion as birth control. But I wouldn't want to ban it outright when the mother's life is threatened in any way (including psychologically, like when the pregnancy is from a rape).

The real issue is not about being pro-life or pro-choice (never met a pro-choicer who was against life and never met a pro-lifer who was against choice), but how we define what is human.

Pro-choicers, don't want to kill humans; they just don't include certain fetuses as humans.

Pro-lifers don't want to control women's bodies; they want to protect the rights of fetuses (whom they consider human) to make their own choices.

The crux of the matter is how to define human. Even countries in which abortion is legal usually (I think, don't really know the stats on this, but I think in Canada that after 20 weeks there needs to be special medical circumstances to allow one), have limits as to when the fetus is considered too human to abort. The problem is that in this case the law has to set a definite time distinction, which strikes me as arbitrary and troubling. It means that one second a fetus is legally considered inhuman and the next second the fetus is considered human . . . but of course nothing really changed physically during that second to warrant the change in classification.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by DAN38 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:54 am

I wrote pages here against abortion. I won't go back into it. I am against all abortion.

2 questions; If abortion is OK, how come we are appalled at capital punishment ?... We can't kill a convicted serial killer but an innocent child is mere fodder ?
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:15 am

I can accept your feelings Dan ...

But anyone lets my wife die because someone thinks abortion is wrong they better hide from me or I better get locked up because in my eyes that would be murdering my wife..

This is an area where people need to accept others feelings and not push their own feelings onto others..and let the people involved decide.
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:18 am

chuck schumer was the cry babies name that i was refering too in the op

All-Star

by DAN38 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:14 am

oo DAWG oo wrote:I can accept your feelings Dan ...

But anyone lets my wife die because someone thinks abortion is wrong they better hide from me or I better get locked up because in my eyes that would be murdering my wife..

This is an area where people need to accept others feelings and not push their own feelings onto others..and let the people involved decide.

But that wouldn't be abortion in the sense we are talking about. A life and death situation is not the same and that decision would not be up to one individual. I feel the same, save my wife !....Situations like rape and incest and the one you mentioned are VERY rare but they are the placards for the pro-choice. Where's the placard for the innocent child ?

Letting the people decide is the reason we have abortion/birth control today. Why bother with a condom when we can just get rid of the kid later ?.. We keep letting immigrants into the country because we supposedly don't have enough people here and at the same time we allow people to kill their own children. Something doesn't make sense to me.

Over 25,000 abortions last year in Ontario alone. My numbers may be high or low. It doesn't seem to matter to many anyhow.
All-Star

by West » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:19 am

DAN38 wrote:Over 25,000 abortions last year in Ontario alone. My numbers may be high or low. It doesn't seem to matter to many anyhow.

It is sad. As a new father myself, and loving every minute of it, I wonder why we waited so long let alone why someone would give up on their little one.

Hopefully one day we will adopt as well as I'm now open to the idea that everyone deserves a shot at life..
All-Star

by DAN38 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:30 am

West wrote:
DAN38 wrote:Over 25,000 abortions last year in Ontario alone. My numbers may be high or low. It doesn't seem to matter to many anyhow.

It is sad. As a new father myself, and loving every minute of it, I wonder why we waited so long let alone why someone would give up on their little one.

Hopefully one day we will adopt as well as I'm now open to the idea that everyone deserves a shot at life..

Then it obvious that you are against women's rights. :roll:.. I know I am. :wink:
All-Star

Next