Canadian Politics

Canadian Politics

by Argonauts est.1873 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Oh boy, So Kevin O'Leary aka Mr. Wonderful is making it official and he's tossing his hat into the ring to run as leader for The Conservative Party. I'll have to read up more on Mr. Wonderful. If he's a reformer type it's a no to me but if he leans more to the old PC Party I'll do some thinking.
Rescue the sunken 'Good Ship Argonaut' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!
All-Star

Re: Canadian Politics

by Aerial » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Basically can't speak French and there are doubts he'll be able to learn it enough to be able to converse in any debates when the time comes. Sorta sad in some ways some might say that this is a real factor but it is a real factor in Canada.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Should be interesting.. I dont like his attitude on the show of ship everything to china to get made. Im hoping this isnt a view hed have for the country..

But i would likely vote for him. He speaks his mind and I want people that arent afraid to tell the truth even if its going to hurt some feelings or especially if its going to hurt some feelings ;)

Who else would i vote for... A woman?! lol
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

by West » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:53 am

Here is the list of candidates.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... e33632355/

Would love to see Maxime Bernier get the nod but think Lisa Rait and Andrew Scheer would be good picks as well.
All-Star

by DAN38 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:38 am

I personally don't like O'Leary but is he better than what we have leading the country now ? A definite YES !
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star

by Aerial » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:17 am

Apparently they ripped into Bernier last night somewhat from what I saw on the news this morning.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:29 am

Kellie Leitch is the man/woman to lead so far maybe that will change but anybody brave enough to use the word Canadian Values and get whipped by people that don't understand the concept deserves my attention .

Many others are for carbon tax which is a big vote of NO and should be written off . We don't need two parties wanting the same thing we need an advocate for more common sense when it comes to taxes .

If you can stand up for what you believe in and not pander to what you want people to hear then you have something in a leader .

I don't like O'Leary and he is seen as a pompous man who lives in the United States if he lived here he might have a shot al la Trump but he doesn't because he doesn't care . What's funny is the other Dragon Den / Shark tank guy
Canadian Robert Herjavec is a better type of leader who is able to speak to you and not above you .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by oo DAWG oo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:16 pm

I'm going to recruit all the yanks I can muster up here to tell ya all how to vote..lol..PAYBACKS
All-Star

by Argonauts est.1873 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:17 pm

The leader the Conservatives pick is huge to me. If it's a Harper clone or from the far right of the party they will never get me back. If it's more of a PC type that isn't all about themselves I'll listen.

Read an article about O' Leary from last year where he said he has no political affiliation. He could have run for anyone basically. This could be like the Canadian version of Trump. I can't stand the guy and the way the little man treats folks on Shark Tank and the way he did on Dragons Den. People pour their hearts and souls into something and he just craps on them.

All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Thats his TV job ...that is what he is paid to do. You need to look past a TV persona
All-Star

by Aerial » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:25 pm

oo DAWG oo wrote:Thats his TV job ...that is what he is paid to do. You need to look past a TV persona

Exactly.
All-Star

by Argonauts est.1873 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:49 pm

I think it goes a little deeper than that. He seems to be a bit of a miserable prick. You can get your point across with out being a jerk. Watch his interviews. You don't have to constantly rip people to get your point across. Saw an interview today and he always comes across too intense. I'm willing to hear him out but he might not even make the cut as 14 people are running for the leadership.

All-Star

by jamie » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Trump begat 0'Leary. Clear as a ringing bell on a crisp Fall afternoon.

Just watch his entry speech...Trump mantra. and it will resonate
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:23 pm

oo DAWG oo wrote:Thats his TV job ...that is what he is paid to do. You need to look past a TV persona

Well, a TV persona worked for getting our current PM in power, Then it worked for the president to the south of us. Unfortunately, that seems to be the way of the future (and present, I guess). :oops:
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:53 pm

oo DAWG oo wrote:I'm going to recruit all the yanks I can muster up here to tell ya all how to vote..lol..PAYBACKS

You guys voted in the god emporer. We voted in mr fluffy ways... Please help us
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

Next