Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Embrace It!!!

Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Embrace It!!!

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Partly because they believe with A.I. and Robotics, jobs will become scarce, Finland is trying Socialism - a basic income for all. I can't wait for it to come here...

Finland gives 'basic income for all' in radical benefits overhaul

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/fin ... spartanntp
Last edited by KevinRiley2 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8652
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Imbrace It!!!

by RedandWhite » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:55 pm

....will there be Thunderdome?
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff
 
Posts: 15113
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:34 am
Location: Calgary

Re: Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Imbrace It!!!

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:56 pm

RedandWhite wrote:....will there be Thunderdome?


Maybe. :wink:

I saved up all my life so I could retire early, and now people who never saved a nickel will get to retire. Just my luck. :lol:
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8652
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Imbrace It!!!

by Argonauts est.1873 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:42 pm

I'm moving to Finland. Show me the money!
Rescue the sunken 'Good Ship Argonaut' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!
All-Star
 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:36 pm

Re: Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Imbrace It!!!

by oo DAWG oo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:00 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:Partly because they believe with A.I. and Robotics, jobs will become scarce, Finland is trying Socialism - a basic income for all. I can't wait for it to come here...

Finland gives 'basic income for all' in radical benefits overhaul

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/fin ... spartanntp

Sorry Kevin ...read that article you posted it umm describes "WELFARE" for the unemployed you have that in Canada already don't you
All-Star
 
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:44 am

Re: Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Imbrace It!!!

by West » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:57 am

oo DAWG oo wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:Partly because they believe with A.I. and Robotics, jobs will become scarce, Finland is trying Socialism - a basic income for all. I can't wait for it to come here...

Finland gives 'basic income for all' in radical benefits overhaul

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/fin ... spartanntp

Sorry Kevin ...read that article you posted it umm describes "WELFARE" for the unemployed you have that in Canada already don't you


Its different in the sense that there are no stipulations attached to it. Typically here if you find, for example, 10 hours worth of work that gets deducted, deincentivising people from taking work.

It'll be interesting to see the results of it.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 am

Re: Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Imbrace It!!!

by DAN38 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:22 am

Socialism is the stepping stone to communism and we know from history that it doesn't work. Only small groups of people can use socialism or else it has to be supported by capitalism/democracy. On a grand scale it fails because it involves humans and humans are greedy....It's a nice pie in the sky ideal that some refuse to acknowledge as a dream and would like nothing better than to destroy our way of life.
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star
 
Posts: 4168
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:50 am

Re: Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Imbrace It!!!

by ryan3434 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:43 am

KevinRiley2 wrote:Partly because they believe with A.I. and Robotics, jobs will become scarce, Finland is trying Socialism - a basic income for all. I can't wait for it to come here...

Finland gives 'basic income for all' in radical benefits overhaul

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/fin ... spartanntp

Reminded me of archie episode
https://youtu.be/oGxB-R34Lsc
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 10092
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:09 am

Re: Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Imbrace It!!!

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:49 pm

West wrote:
oo DAWG oo wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:Partly because they believe with A.I. and Robotics, jobs will become scarce, Finland is trying Socialism - a basic income for all. I can't wait for it to come here...

Finland gives 'basic income for all' in radical benefits overhaul

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/fin ... spartanntp

Sorry Kevin ...read that article you posted it umm describes "WELFARE" for the unemployed you have that in Canada already don't you


Its different in the sense that there are no stipulations attached to it. Typically here if you find, for example, 10 hours worth of work that gets deducted, deincentivising people from taking work.

It'll be interesting to see the results of it.

Agree.

If A.I. and robotics start destroying jobs, like some believe, governments around the world will need a way to provide income for their people. My guess : this will be a test model.

DAN38 wrote:Socialism is the stepping stone to communism and we know from history that it doesn't work. Only small groups of people can use socialism or else it has to be supported by capitalism/democracy. On a grand scale it fails because it involves humans and humans are greedy....It's a nice pie in the sky ideal that some refuse to acknowledge as a dream and would like nothing better than to destroy our way of life.

That's fair but people/governments are worried about a lack of jobs going forward. As this video hints (he is a terrific speaker), close to 50% of jobs could be replaced with AI and robotics in the next 2 decades. If so, an income distribution system will be needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMF-Z74C1QE
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8652
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Imbrace It!!!

by pigseye2015 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:42 pm

Finland has experienced troubled times economically in recent years, with high levels of unemployment at 8.1 percent in November 2016, which was unchanged from the previous year.


I guess that's why they are encouraging people to start their own businesses?

What's the Alternative?
If you have the right to do so, starting your own business in Finland is definitely worth considering rather than fighting in an increasingly competitive job market. All you need is motivation and something saleable; the process for establishing a business is easy. Plus, if you are unable to speak Finnish but can speak English or Swedish, the language barrier referred to above is significantly reduced.


Motivation seems to be the key ingredient lacking in every socialists tool box.
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Re: Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Imbrace It!!!

by jamie » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Yeah, George Orwell, Betrand Russell, Helen Keller, Tommy Douglas, Albert Einsten etc, etc...certainly lacked motivation. Lazy sots all of 'em
All-Star
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:34 pm

Re: Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Imbrace It!!!

by Aerial » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Socialism encourages people to be lazy. Now since I'm sort of lazy, this could work very well for me and others like me who are also lazy. :D
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 2907
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:22 pm
Location: Hamilton, ON

Re: Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Imbrace It!!!

by jamie » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Why do you think that people are only motivated by personal wealth?
All-Star
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:34 pm

Re: Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Imbrace It!!!

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Aerial wrote:Socialism encourages people to be lazy. Now since I'm sort of lazy, this could work very well for me and others like me who are also lazy. :D

I`m lazy, too. :)
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8652
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Socialism Is Coming, Boys, And I Choose To Imbrace It!!!

by pigseye2015 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:46 pm

And I'm too lazy to explain the difference between lazy and motivated.
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Next

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests