Liberalism... The growing mental disorder.

Re: Liberalism... The growing mental disorder.

by ryan3434 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:59 am

Member that story of all those bomb threats to American jewish community centers across the US and how its trumpsters gone wild?

More fake news... They caught the nutjob.
https://gma.yahoo.com/suspect-arrested- ... ories.html

Much like the 100s of other lib tards faking stories of racism bigotry or homophobia (whatever that means)
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:27 am

Must have been busy for one guy to have painted swastikas on places across the country. Knocking over tombstones in different cemeteries, homophobic slurs written on people's cars/ homes etc. Who would have thought one bigot would be responsible for all of that - right ryan? :roll:
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:45 am

TravelPat1 wrote:Must have been busy for one guy to have painted swastikas on places across the country. Knocking over tombstones in different cemeteries, homophobic slurs written on people's cars/ homes etc. Who would have thought one bigot would be responsible for all of that - right ryan? :roll:

Well ive posted the otherones Pat you just chose to ignore it.

In fact there is even a website tracking the lunacy of the left.

All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:21 am

TravelPat1 wrote:Must have been busy for one guy to have painted swastikas on places across the country. Knocking over tombstones in different cemeteries, homophobic slurs written on people's cars/ homes etc. Who would have thought one bigot would be responsible for all of that - right ryan? :roll:

Definitely, only one guy would ever fake hate crimes. You're crazy for thinking others might do the same thing, Ryan even if they've admitted it and/or been caught red-handed at it. Those arrests were obviously just fake fake hate crimes orchestrated by Putin and his scary Russians.

What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:39 pm

Obviously was Barry right after he finished installing the wire taps

All-Star

by ryan3434 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:37 am

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/lem ... on-9192965

Isnt there laws in america for people with mental disorders allowed to have guns?

Cops better shut this down and quick.

All-Star

by letsgoticats » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:00 am

ryan3434 wrote:http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/lemons-gun-totin-left-wingers-demonstrate-trump-rally-bloodshed-on-the-horizon-9192965

Isnt there laws in america for people with mental disorders allowed to have guns?

Cops better shut this down and quick.

Actually, the Republicans are in the process of getting rid of those laws :lol:
Starter

by oo DAWG oo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:00 pm

No they are not
All-Star

by letsgoticats » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Yes, they are. Repealed a law targeting people with mental illness so severe they couldn't apply for their own disability benefits.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/3/14496774/congress-guns-mental-illness
Starter

by PTBO Dave » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:30 pm

letsgoticats wrote:Yes, they are. Repealed a law targeting people with mental illness so severe they couldn't apply for their own disability benefits.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/3/14496774/congress-guns-mental-illness

But, as the article explains, this is about giving those people the right to due process, allowing them their hearing rather than denying them outright.

"But even some advocates of stricter gun laws don’t like the idea of revoking someone’s rights without due process in court — and, like it or not, gun rights are enshrined in the US by the Second Amendment — just because he’s mentally ill. That’s why the ACLU opposed the rule, arguing a disability shouldn’t allow the automatic denial of any constitutional right."
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:02 pm

Thanks Dave..

I need to stop replying when i am at work. I didn't have time to finish my thoughts there
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:02 pm

Hahaha letsgoticats fail

All-Star

by Aerial » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 am

I never realized that Justin Trudeau has been characterized as a neo-liberal and what implications come from that:

Justin Trudeau’s neo-liberalism with a human face: Walkom

The essence of neo-liberalism is globalization. Neo-liberals strive for a world in which capital, goods and even labour move effortlessly from country to country. The aim is to let the free market do its magic and maximize wealth.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/comment ... alkom.html

Neoliberalism – the ideology at the root of all our problems - Financial meltdown, environmental disaster and even the rise of Donald Trump – neoliberalism has played its part in them all. Why has the left failed to come up with an alternative?

Imagine if the people of the Soviet Union had never heard of communism. The ideology that dominates our lives has, for most of us, no name. Mention it in conversation and you’ll be rewarded with a shrug. Even if your listeners have heard the term before, they will struggle to define it. Neoliberalism: do you know what it is?

Its anonymity is both a symptom and cause of its power. It has played a major role in a remarkable variety of crises: the financial meltdown of 2007‑8, the offshoring of wealth and power, of which the Panama Papers offer us merely a glimpse, the slow collapse of public health and education, resurgent child poverty, the epidemic of loneliness, the collapse of ecosystems, the rise of Donald Trump. But we respond to these crises as if they emerge in isolation, apparently unaware that they have all been either catalysed or exacerbated by the same coherent philosophy; a philosophy that has – or had – a name. What greater power can there be than to operate namelessly?

Inequality is recast as virtuous. The market ensures that everyone gets what they deserve.
So pervasive has neoliberalism become that we seldom even recognise it as an ideology. We appear to accept the proposition that this utopian, millenarian faith describes a neutral force; a kind of biological law, like Darwin’s theory of evolution. But the philosophy arose as a conscious attempt to reshape human life and shift the locus of power.

Neoliberalism sees competition as the defining characteristic of human relations. It redefines citizens as consumers, whose democratic choices are best exercised by buying and selling, a process that rewards merit and punishes inefficiency. It maintains that “the market” delivers benefits that could never be achieved by planning.

Attempts to limit competition are treated as inimical to liberty. Tax and regulation should be minimised, public services should be privatised. The organisation of labour and collective bargaining by trade unions are portrayed as market distortions that impede the formation of a natural hierarchy of winners and losers. Inequality is recast as virtuous: a reward for utility and a generator of wealth, which trickles down to enrich everyone. Efforts to create a more equal society are both counterproductive and morally corrosive. The market ensures that everyone gets what they deserve.

Neoliberals and Neocons: What’s the difference, and why should I care?

Neoliberalism is a descendant of liberal ideas, but not the way you might think. It gets presented as a kind of “new” liberalism, because liberalism as a theory was about small government and individual freedoms. Most of us forgot that, and tend to think of liberalism as state intervention to ensure widespread economic security. Neoliberalism was in fact a class backlash against what we think of as liberal policies like the welfare and public works programs that were created in response to the Great Depression. President Franklin D. Roosevelt enacted “New Deal” programs in the 1930s to provide relief for the poor, to stimulate the economy, and to reform the financial sector to avoid another depression. The New Deal was a kind of class compromise – economic growth through free trade, but constrained by government programs and regulations. By the end of WWII, the share of national income by the top 1% had fallen, and it remained stagnant for a while. With strong growth, it didn’t matter much. But once growth collapsed and inflation soared in the 1970s, the share of wealth by the top 1% plunged from about 35% in 1965 to 20% in 1975. And then the 1% rallied. This is where neoliberalism comes from. Neoliberals argue that the surest path to widespread prosperity is to free capital from government constraints. In other words, privatize everything, absolutely – healthcare, land, water, prisons, communications, food production… you name it. For the 1%, it has worked smashingly. The ratio of median compensation for workers to CEO salaries went from 30:1 in 1970 to more than 500:1 in 2000.

Neoliberalism's War on Higher Education

Neoliberalism's War on Higher Education reveals how neoliberal policies, practices, and modes of material and symbolic violence have radically reshaped the mission and practice of higher education, short-changing a generation of young people.

Giroux exposes the corporate forces at play and charts a clear-minded and inspired course of action out of the shadows of market-driven education policy. Championing the youth around the globe who have dared to resist the bartering of their future, he calls upon public intellectuals-as well as all people concerned about the future of democracy-to speak out and defend the university as a site of critical learning and democratic promise.

https://www.amazon.ca/Neoliberalisms-Hi ... +education
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

justine trueDORK

by argonaut11xx » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:04 pm

Most intelligent folks see thru the FAKE news, understand that the CBC is nothing more than a FAR/ALT left propaganda machine.

Are you a PROUD Canadian who is ASHAMED of our LOSER prime minister, and the liberal lunacy.

I understand BC is full of snowflakes, and borderline communists, but I'm sure there is still a silent MAJORITY who would like to put the BRITISH, back into British Columbia.

I also suspect that many many Canadians get sick to their stomachs when trudeau pretends to "speak for Canadians" or worse, when trudeau PRETENDS to understand what Canadian values are. When his cowardly father was running from his opportunity to fight for Canadian values in Europe, my Grandad was in the Royal Canadian Engineers landing on Juno beach with a shovel. (to protect REAL Canadian values)

The government DOESNT have any money, its OUR money, this is something that a trudeau just doesn't understand. We are still paying for justines idiot father, and now the unqualified son is putting Canada into an unnecessary massive deficit/debt situation.

I spelled justines name purposely wrong, and refuse to put a capitol letter on anything trudeau, that idiot family will never gain my respect.
BUILD THAT WALL...between TORONTO & HAMILTON...then MAKE HAMILTON PAY FOR IT
Starter

by Aerial » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:33 pm

I saw this posted on by a friend on Facebook and it seems like an interesting read about neoliberalism, well at least from an American perspective, and higher education:

Knowledge for Sale: The Neoliberal Takeover of Higher Education
by Lawrence Bush

A new philosophy of higher education has taken hold in institutions around the world. Its supporters disavow the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake and argue that the only knowledge worth pursuing is that with more or less immediate market value. Every other kind of learning is downgraded, its budget cut. In Knowledge for Sale, Lawrence Busch challenges this market-driven approach.

The rationale for the current thinking, Busch explains, comes from neoliberal economics, which calls for reorganizing society around the needs of the market. The market-influenced changes to higher education include shifting the cost of education from the state to the individual, turning education from a public good to a private good subject to consumer demand; redefining higher education as a search for the highest-paying job; and turning scholarly research into a competition based on metrics including number of citations and value of grants. Students, administrators, and scholars have begun to think of themselves as economic actors rather than seekers of knowledge.

Arguing for active resistance to this takeover, Busch urges us to burst the neoliberal bubble, to imagine a future not dictated by the market, a future in which there is a more educated citizenry and in which the old dichotomies -- market and state, nature and culture, and equality and liberty -- break down. In this future, universities value learning and not training, scholarship grapples with society's most pressing problems rather than quick fixes for corporate interests, and democracy is enriched by its educated and engaged citizens

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/318 ... e-for-sale
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

PreviousNext