Liberalism... The growing mental disorder.

Re: Liberalism... The growing mental disorder.

by TravelPat1 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:46 am

Well 12% is not very high to be 'artificially high'. It is in fact ridiculously low.

Believe me I think it should be below 50% - perhaps even well below - but 12% - that is bit of a head scratcher.

Yes the gas plant / hydro file has been a disaster, some of the other decisons made for clearly political reasons that are bad policy - such as a one stop subway extension for Scarborough rather than a cheaper multi-stop LRT that would not only be cheaper but serve more people in Scarborough are worthy of criticism. And other 'cravenly' political decisions as Paikin described them make people suspect of them like blocking Toronto from adding tolls to the Gardiner and DVP.

But as he also pointed out in his blog - the unemployment rate has dropped to 6.2% from 7.7% when she took office. The government is finally being bold enough to make LONG overdue MAJOR investments ($29 billion) in transit, that previous governments passed on resulting in the multi billion dollar losses annually (according to Conservative business groups like the Toronto Board of Trade) - due to gridlock we've had for the last 15+ years. Especially important it be done now considering the 2 million plus population growth over the next 15-20 years in the GTHA.

Toronto is in the middle of a building boom, the budget is forecast to be balanced by 2018, university is being made more affordable (in some cases free) for poorer Ontarians. They've put severe limits on political party fundraising - a move long overdue in Ontario. As Paikin points out 'there is a good story to tell' to at least somewhat counter some of the obvious negatives.

So for her to be all the way down at 12%? Why SO low?

And I don't pretend to truly know what the answer is - but it certainly is a question worth asking as Paikin pointed out.
All-Star

by Aerial » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:44 am

I personally believe it's the electricity rates that is causing her problems in the general public's eye, warranted or otherwise. I don't know enough of the history on this to know how much can be or should be attributed to her and the Liberals but it's a concern even with a small reduction we are getting.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:58 am

TravelPat1 wrote:Well 12% is not very high to be 'artificially high'. It is in fact ridiculously low.

Believe me I think it should be below 50% - perhaps even well below - but 12% - that is bit of a head scratcher.

Yes the gas plant / hydro file has been a disaster, some of the other decisons made for clearly political reasons that are bad policy - such as a one stop subway extension for Scarborough rather than a cheaper multi-stop LRT that would not only be cheaper but serve more people in Scarborough are worthy of criticism. And other 'cravenly' political decisions as Paikin described them make people suspect of them like blocking Toronto from adding tolls to the Gardiner and DVP.

But as he also pointed out in his blog - the unemployment rate has dropped to 6.2% from 7.7% when she took office. The government is finally being bold enough to make LONG overdue MAJOR investments ($29 billion) in transit, that previous governments passed on resulting in the multi billion dollar losses annually (according to Conservative business groups like the Toronto Board of Trade) - due to gridlock we've had for the last 15+ years. Especially important it be done now considering the 2 million plus population growth over the next 15-20 years in the GTHA.

Toronto is in the middle of a building boom, the budget is forecast to be balanced by 2018, university is being made more affordable (in some cases free) for poorer Ontarians. They've put severe limits on political party fundraising - a move long overdue in Ontario. As Paikin points out 'there is a good story to tell' to at least somewhat counter some of the obvious negatives.

So for her to be all the way down at 12%? Why SO low?

And I don't pretend to truly know what the answer is - but it certainly is a question worth asking as Paikin pointed out.

No shes not even worth the time to ponder about why she has low ratings..lol
Were all too busy trying to pay bills she keeps increasing.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:02 pm

West wrote:
ryan3434 wrote:
West wrote:More from the libbies.

Apparently Wynn's approval rating isn't in the craper because she's a horrible Premier, but rather because she likes other ladies

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/opinion/kat ... -1.4080701

Jesus! That article is just dumb.. She was elected.. If there is nose dive in popularity its because shes clearly horrible at her Job..

Thanks West now this will bug me all day.. Lol

Sorry buddy 8)

Here's the problem viewing everything through the victim glasses like many in the gay community do.

Unfortunately it's come to the point where you cannot have a healthy debate on whether or not she's effective at doing her job without having a bunch of sensatives pulling the "homophobia" card.

It was the same with Barry. Any criticism of the man was usually met with screams of racism from the leftists.

Oh well. Just the times we live in folks.

Must be gearing up for election again. Going full out victim so early is not a good idea.
If she was a hot lesbian id be more in favour of her lol

All-Star

by West » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:03 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:The government is finally being bold enough to make LONG overdue MAJOR investments ($29 billion) in transit, that previous governments passed on resulting in the multi billion dollar losses annually (according to Conservative business groups like the Toronto Board of Trade) - due to gridlock we've had for the last 15+ years. Especially important it be done now considering the 2 million plus population growth over the next 15-20 years in the GTHA.

Could this not be part of the cause of unpopularity among the population? I mean if you see your taxes rise over the past fifteen years or however long they've been in power for, and have horrid infrastructure, I think I'd be miffed too.

On top of that, scandal after scandal certainly aren't helping them much. I just read a Star piece about how they were giving kickbacks to a big Liberal Party donor. Stuff like that doesn't really play well in the eyes of the public.

But of course it's far easier to blame those darn homophobes for their issue. Kinda like Sunny Ways blaming the alt right for backing away from election reform.
All-Star

by West » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:06 pm

ryan3434 wrote:Must be gearing up for election again. Going full out victim so early is not a good idea.

She's taking a page outta Crooked Hillary's playbook by the looks of it. Blame everyone else for her scandals. Create a false boogeyman like the straight white males who just don't know any better than to judge poor Kathleen on her sexual orientation.
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:07 pm

PTBO Dave wrote:
ryan3434 wrote:
West wrote:More from the libbies.

Apparently Wynn's approval rating isn't in the craper because she's a horrible Premier, but rather because she likes other ladies

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/opinion/kat ... -1.4080701

Jesus! That article is just dumb.. She was elected.. If there is nose dive in popularity its because shes clearly horrible at her Job..

Thanks West now this will bug me all day.. Lol

Well, the other side of the question is worth asking too: Is Wynne's approval rating actually artificially high because
so many progressive Ontarians view her as a minority worth championing and will therefore overlook her mistakes? if she were a hetero male, would her approval ratings actually be lower?

That new "lesbien" smell wore off pretty quick with Wynnes progressives im thinkin

Every year she seemed to **** off more ans more unions

All-Star

by ryan3434 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:11 pm

West wrote:
ryan3434 wrote:Must be gearing up for election again. Going full out victim so early is not a good idea.

She's taking a page outta Crooked Hillary's playbook by the looks of it. Blame everyone else for her scandals. Create a false boogeyman like the straight white males who just don't know any better than to judge poor Kathleen on her sexual orientation.

I mean it could be orientation.. There is a lot of new muslims coming into ontario. Maybe they havent got the handout that they are supposed to vote liberal yet lol

All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:32 pm

I still thing there is an outside chance that if her numbers don't improve in the next 6-9 months that there will be a push within the Ontario Liberal Party to ask her to leave for the good of the party. With a different leader they still would be very hard pressed to win - but they almost certainly would do better (assuming they make a half decent choice for new leader) in the next election than if she stays on based on current (lack of) approval ratings for her.

Their only hope is that the Conservatives implode with dumb moves as they have done in each of the last three provincial elections.
All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:43 pm

Hang on folks no worries...
I'm going to gather a bunch of Americans and have them all sign up here so they can tell you how to vote and who you need to vote for.
Easy peasy.....
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 pm

oo DAWG oo wrote:Hang on folks no worries...
I'm going to gather a bunch of Americans and have them all sign up here so they can tell you how to vote and who you need to vote for.
Easy peasy.....

Please dont bring democrates.. We have enough loonies on here

All-Star

by West » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:32 am

The leftists once again show they cannot have dialogue without resorting to violence at UC Berkley. Anne Coulters speech is cancelled and the lefties still riot :thdn:

Take your meds
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:16 pm

A good chunk of the protestors in Berkley over the last few incidents of violence there have been right wingers too.

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2017/04/17/ ... -berkeley/

Pro-Trump supporters and white supremacists clashed with members of far-left, self-described anti-fascism factions, including the By Any Means Necessary group and Berkeley AntiFa.
All-Star

by West » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:40 pm

:lol:

What a farce article. "Anti Fascist" protestors. Give me a break.

The only one acting like fascists in this whole thing are the leftist loons who resort to bullying and violent tactics to impose their will.
All-Star

by West » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:15 am

The 'antifascists' are at it again this time shutting down a GOP March in Portland by using threats of violence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 42e43b6bb1

:thdn: to left wing lunacy.
All-Star

PreviousNext