Liberalism... The growing mental disorder.

Re: Liberalism... The growing mental disorder.

by DAN38 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:56 am

Aerial wrote:Well said West. :thup:

I think that societal and Earthly problems are so immense and complicated that it will take a political arrangement that isn't divided on political lines of right and left but rather what's the best strategy to combat each issue combining the best of left, right, centre and everything in between politics.

What such political arrangement is, I don't know. :?

Unfortunately we have people with agendas. Their choice of the Earthly problems to fix are not always systemic.
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:01 am

beaglehound wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:
DAN38 wrote:The definition of heterosexuality is in various forms; romantic, sexual attraction OR SEXUAL BEHAVIOUR between members of the opposite sex. SEXUAL BEHAVIOUR being the key words in this conversation. You can mask SODOMY all you want but it is still the SEXUAL BEHAVIOUR of gay males... If you don't like the truth, then slither away.

A lot of heterosexual people engage in sodomy too, Similarly, homosexual couples engage in many of the same forms of sexual activity that hetero couples do.

I would never think of telling my kids (if I had any) that their aunt and uncle enjoy sodomy or fellatio or etc. any more than I'd tell them about their uncle and uncle doing the same. I suppose it's the same as any sexual topic for children in that it's a sensitive subject. Tbh, I don't know how'd I'd handle it.

PTBO,

To sodomize or not to sodomize? What it comes down from the Christian person's perspective is what is honoring to God. If God is not part of the equation in a person's life then it doesn't really matter what a heterosexual couple do or two men do with each other.

Heh, yeah it's a bit of an odd topic of conversation, isn't it?

But if God is part of the equation is a person's life, does it then matter what that person does sexually?

Back to the bakery and freedom of religion issue, though. Even though I'm not religious nor have any issue with homosexuality, I'm not comfortable with government restricting a religious person's right to express that.

For instance, if I ran a bakery in a country in which honor killing was legal and accepted, I would refuse to bake a cake celebrating such an act. Would that make me a bigot for discriminating against honor killers?
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by DAN38 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:05 am

PTBO Dave wrote:I once tutored a girl in 2nd or 3rd grade, and for some reason she chose me to ask a lot of birds-and-bees type question. I'm sure I didn't handle it the best way, because I always chickened out and ignored her questions, trying instead to get her attention back onto grammar or reading. :oops:

However, my point about sodomy not just being for homosexuals is that you don't have to explain that part of homosexuality any more than you have to explain the various forms of heterosexuality. If your talk on the birds and bees is strictly about procreation, then could just explain adoption in reference to gay male couples . . . although it gets a bit more complicated for gay female couples, I suppose.

A child asks; "if Mommy and daddy have to have sex to have a baby, how do uncle Bill and Ted have a baby ?" They adopt. "Why ?" asks the child. Kids aren't stupid. You better have an answer and the answer doesn't have anything to do with loving consenting adults. That's just a cop-out.
All-Star

by jamie » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:13 am

DAN38 wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:I once tutored a girl in 2nd or 3rd grade, and for some reason she chose me to ask a lot of birds-and-bees type question. I'm sure I didn't handle it the best way, because I always chickened out and ignored her questions, trying instead to get her attention back onto grammar or reading. :oops:

However, my point about sodomy not just being for homosexuals is that you don't have to explain that part of homosexuality any more than you have to explain the various forms of heterosexuality. If your talk on the birds and bees is strictly about procreation, then could just explain adoption in reference to gay male couples . . . although it gets a bit more complicated for gay female couples, I suppose.

A child asks; "if Mommy and daddy have to have sex to have a baby, how do uncle Bill and Ted have a baby ?" They adopt. "Why ?" asks the child. Kids aren't stupid. You better have an answer and the answer doesn't have anything to do with loving consenting adults. That's just a cop-out.

isn't the answer to that put simply is a man can't conceive a baby? They have to adopt a baby.

It's a different question if someone asks why humans have sex.

And sex between two loving people is an expression of what we have together rather than what someone DOES to someone else isn't it?
All-Star

by DAN38 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:17 am

The fact of whether I believe in God or not, the fact of whether my Church accepts homosexuality or not, has absolutely nothing to do with how I feel about it. It never did and never will.
All-Star

by West » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:21 am

PTBO Dave wrote:Back to the bakery and freedom of religion issue, though. Even though I'm not religious nor have any issue with homosexuality, I'm not comfortable with government restricting a religious person's right to express that.

For instance, if I ran a bakery in a country in which honor killing was legal and accepted, I would refuse to bake a cake celebrating such an act. Would that make me a bigot for discriminating against honor killers?

:thup:
All-Star

by beaglehound » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:22 am

PTBO writes: "But if God is part of the equation is a person's life, does it then matter what that person does sexually?

From a Christian person's perspective yes. If the person believes what he or she is doing is not honouring to God in the sexual context.

Back to the bakery and freedom of religion issue, though. Even though I'm not religious nor have any issue with homosexuality, I'm not comfortable with government restricting a religious person's right to express that.

For instance, if I ran a bakery in a country in which honor killing was legal and accepted, I would refuse to bake a cake celebrating such an act. Would that make me a bigot for discriminating against honor killers?"

Excellent point PTBO and excellent comparison!
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:27 am

DAN38 wrote:

I don't see why that would be a cop out.
For instance, how would you explain adoption for heterosexual couples? And couldn't a similar explanation fly in both cases?

I mean, sometimes heterosexual couples stay together even if one can't have children or even if one can't have sex. Wouldn't explaining that situation with something along the lines of loving consenting adults be OK?
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by DAN38 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:36 am

PTBO Dave wrote:
DAN38 wrote:

For instance, how would you explain adoption for heterosexual couples? And couldn't a similar explanation fly in both cases?

I mean, sometimes heterosexual couples stay together even if one can't have children or even if one can't have sex. Wouldn't explaining that situation with something along the lines of loving consenting adults be OK?

That puts us back to 'the stork' answer. The question is 'where do babies come from', not how we have ulterior methods and adoption still doesn't answer the question.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:05 pm

DAN38 wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:
DAN38 wrote:

That puts us back to 'the stork' answer. The question is 'where do babies come from', not how we have ulterior methods and adoption still doesn't answer the question.

I think my point still stands though. If, for example, a child asks how a white couple got an Asian baby, I think you could explain it the same way you could explain how a gay couple got a baby. I mean I don't think I would explain that a hetero couple tried to have sex and couldn't produce a baby and therefore adopted one. Similarly, I wouldn't explain the sexual aspect of a gay couple who adopted a baby. In both cases, I would emphasize the love, care, family, sharing, etc.
-Confucius

All-Star

by RedandWhite » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:19 pm

...interesting that because of a human created situation we are forced to figure out ways to explain it to the most innocent minds...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by OttSens » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:27 pm

PTBO Dave wrote:A lot of heterosexual people engage in sodomy too, Similarly, homosexual couples engage in many of the same forms of sexual activity that hetero couples do.

I would never think of telling my kids (if I had any) that their aunt and uncle enjoy sodomy or fellatio or etc. any more than I'd tell them about their uncle and uncle doing the same. I suppose it's the same as any sexual topic for children in that it's a sensitive subject. Tbh, I don't know how'd I'd handle it.

PTBO,

To sodomize or not to sodomize? What it comes down from the Christian person's perspective is what is honoring to God. If God is not part of the equation in a person's life then it doesn't really matter what a heterosexual couple do or two men do with each other.[/quote]

Heh, yeah it's a bit of an odd topic of conversation, isn't it?

But if God is part of the equation is a person's life, does it then matter what that person does sexually?

For instance, if I ran a bakery in a country in which honor killing was legal and accepted, I would refuse to bake a cake celebrating such an act. Would that make me a bigot for discriminating against honor killers?[/quote]

Regarding moving the bakery that is moving the goalposts. You are comparing gay people (whose homosexuality does absolutely nothing to fringe upon the rights of others) with honour killers (whose actions obvious do quite a lot to infringe upon the rights of others).
Starter

by bobo82 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:36 pm

DAN38 wrote:

I never said they didn't...

If and when you tell your children about the birds and bees .

Ahhh yess , the birds and the bees :) Always remember my Dad explaining this to me when I was younger in his usual tongue in cheek , subtle way . Yup , dad what's all this talk I hear about "the birds and the bees" can you explain it to me please ? Yup son , no problem , here's all you need to know about Birds and bees.............Birds sh!t on ya and bees sting ya :lol: now be a good lad and go fetch yer old man a beer , and don't tell yer mom that we had this conversation . :lol:
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by beaglehound » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:43 pm

OttSens writes:

"Regarding moving the bakery that is moving the goalposts. You are comparing gay people (whose homosexuality does absolutely nothing to fringe upon the rights of others."

On the contrary. It would be an infringement on a priest or pastor's right to decline performing a same sex marriage ceremony on biblical grounds if said pastor were accused of discrimination. The priest or pastor has the lawful right to exercise in good conscience his or her religious freedom.
All-Star

by beaglehound » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:44 pm

RedandWhite wrote:...interesting that because of a human created situation we are forced to figure out ways to explain it to the most innocent minds...

:thup:

All-Star

PreviousNext