Science and any new Discoveries of interest .

Re: Science and any new Discoveries of interest .

by Aerial » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:15 pm

This spider's hairdoo resembles Trump's a bit I would say but the spider's is a tad more clean cut perhaps. :)
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by Aerial » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:34 pm

Some promising research for neurodegenerative diseases.

Two Drugs Identified That Could Halt The Progression Of Neurodegenerative Diseases

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-me ... -diseases/

This is of some concern that's for sure.

The problem, doctors say, is that NPH often isn’t correctly identified. In Canada alone, doctors estimate that around 15,000 patients may be misdiagnosed with a more serious condition, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, that leaves them bedridden or in nursing homes.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/little-kno ... -1.3373866
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:56 pm

Here's a story about research at a site in California that suggest humans might have been in the Americas 100,000 years earlier than previously believed, which is a huge jump back if true.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/04/mastodons-americas-peopling-migrations-archaeology-science/
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:55 am

Could this 'artificial womb' be the solution to the abortion debate? Would it be possible or desirable to complete terminated pregnancies in such a womb and then put the infants up for adoption?

http://designtaxi.com/news/392738/World-s-First-Artificial-Womb-Effectively-Grows-Lamb-Premature-Babies-Next/
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:41 pm

Wow, this would be a really amazing development if it pans out. Imagine waking up with your brain in a new body.

And if they sort of practice this procedure on brains that are currently cryogenically frozen, I wonder how they choose which one gets the first go.
-Confucius

All-Star

by ryan3434 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:58 pm

Whats that Shaw quote 'youth is wasted on the young'
Well not no more.. Get yourself a young body and do it all again knowing what not to do.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by Aerial » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:36 pm

ryan, too many "not what to do's" for me, I don't think my brain could handle that many 'nots'.

As much as my body isn't very good it's a bit better than my brain so maybe I'll just get the body frozen and someone else's brain. :D
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:47 pm

Aerial wrote:ryan, too many "not what to do's" for me, I don't think my brain could handle that many 'nots'.

As much as my body isn't very good it's a bit better than my brain so maybe I'll just get the body frozen and someone else's brain. :D

Id give you my brain but its not a very good one.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:52 pm

Creates a lot of possibilities for drama: dying old person wakes up one day in a strong new body, which he then learns is/was his grandson.
Dying, greedy rich tyrant from country A assassinates youthful, well-coiffed tyrant from country B to transplant his brain into that body and to take over country B (or maybe to sit back and collect the guaranteed income offered by country B). :o
-Confucius

All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:09 am

PTBO Dave wrote: I wonder how they choose which one gets the first go.

Ted Williams.
Veteran

by PTBO Dave » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:13 am

Liquor Kitty wrote:

Ted Williams.

Heh, I'm not sure I'd want to be the first in this case, though. I mean, Ted's not going anywhere in a hurry, might as well wait to see how successful these transplants are before diving in headfirst.
-Confucius

All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:24 am

PTBO Dave wrote:
Liquor Kitty wrote:

Ted Williams.

Heh, I'm not sure I'd want to be the first in this case, though. I mean, Ted's not going anywhere in a hurry, might as well wait to see how successful these transplants are before diving in headfirst.

:lol:

Isn't Michael Jackson a Swanson TV dinner also?
Veteran

by PTBO Dave » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:32 am

Liquor Kitty wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:
Liquor Kitty wrote:
Ted Williams.

:lol:

Isn't Michael Jackson a Swanson TV dinner also?

Who nose?
-Confucius

All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:58 am

PTBO Dave wrote:Who nose?

Oh boy. His nose would no froze (plastic).
Veteran

PreviousNext