Science and any new Discoveries of interest .

Re: Science and any new Discoveries of interest .

by oo DAWG oo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:46 pm

ryan3434 wrote: Lol. given the choice i will take global warming.

It was 88 degrees here today and only spring...if you were out in the sun all day with me today i'd bet you would change your mind lol
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:35 am

oo DAWG oo wrote:

It was 88 degrees here today and only spring...if you were out in the sun all day with me today i'd bet you would change your mind lol

Well as a fat dude i do agree thats hot and uncomfortable but still freezing sucks.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:39 am

KevinRiley2 wrote:
ryan3434 wrote:Maybe..maybe we should tax us more to drop temps

Works for me. :thup:

Commi ;)

All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:52 am

ryan3434 wrote:
oo DAWG oo wrote:

Well as a fat dude i do agree thats hot and uncomfortable but still freezing sucks.

People aren't fat, Ryan. They are weight challenged. And did you ever stop to think that your own challenges with weight are climate related? If it were hotter here in Canada, then you'd be outside more and sweat more and burn off that extra weight. Now, Trudeau with his carbon tax wants to take that opportunity for heathfulness away from you, that scoundrel!

What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by Aerial » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:57 am

Climate control and weight control. Have to admit that's a new perspective I've never heard of before. :o
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:33 am

PTBO Dave wrote:People aren't fat, Ryan. They are weight challenged. And did you ever stop to think that your own challenges with weight are climate related? If it were hotter here in Canada, then you'd be outside more and sweat more and burn off that extra weight. Now, Trudeau with his carbon tax wants to take that opportunity for heathfulness away from you, that scoundrel!

I do think gravity is to blame. If i was 10 feet tall id be thin

All-Star

by Aerial » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:12 am

Saw this on PBS last night. It would be wonderful if biomarkers could be discovered to diagnose or help diagnose PTSD. A lot of people would be helped with this.

Can science make diagnosing PTSD less of an ordeal?

DR. SAM MCLEAN: The blood is such a valuable tool to use to better understand what’s going on with post-traumatic stress, because, after traumatic event, the brain communicates with the body via the blood.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/can-scie ... ss-ordeal/
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:29 pm

We might want to stay away from oil stocks...

94-year old Lithium-Ion battery inventor unveils new ultra-efficient glass battery

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/94-old-invent ... soc_trk=ma

Another step towards reducing global warming. People are soooo smart. :thup:
All-Star

by Aerial » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:02 pm

Love the last line, sort of reminds me of in cancer therapy "the goal is to be able to cure all cancers with this new drug". :D

The goal is to produce large-scale cells eventually and then move the technology over to manufacturers who will develop it commercially.

Goals and reasonable timelines sometimes don't see "eye to eye". 8)
All-Star

by Aerial » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:50 pm

I really do wonder how solid the science is with burying nuclear waste at the Bruce plant in the ground, well I suppose in this case it would actually be in solid limestone rock that is not porous from what they say or very little porous. :?

Town divided over plan to store nuclear waste near Lake Huron

A moment of reckoning has come for Canada’s nuclear industry and millions of people who rely on the power source to keep their lights on.
For over 40 years, nuclear reactors in three provinces have pulsed with energy created by powerful fission reactions and it’s created a complex problem: what do you do with radioactive waste that stays lethal for 100,000 years?
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is the company responsible for managing waste produced by Ontario’s three nuclear plants – Darlington, Pickering and Bruce.
They say the answer lies in the sleepy community of Kincardine, Ont., where the world’s largest operating nuclear plant, Bruce Nuclear Generating Station, is located.
OPG proposes building a Deep Geologic Repository (DGR): a crypt 680 metres below ground in Canadian Shield limestone that scientists say hasn’t moved in 450 million years and is well below the water table.
It also happens to be 1.2 kilometres from the shores of Lake Huron

http://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/town-divided-o ... -1.3349452
All-Star

by c-way-dude » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:28 pm

All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:41 pm

c-way-dude wrote:A potential solution to one of humanity's biggest problems?

http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-create-a-graphene-based-sieve-that-turns-seawater-into-drinking-water

I'm shocked there doesn't seem to be more research into this area
All-Star

by Aerial » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:59 pm

For sure dawg, seems to be a very potentially at least, huge money maker. And let's face it, without it being seen as able to make money, not much will happen, just like drug companies with drugs that could be quite beneficial for some diseases but not very profitable therefore the drug companies don't invest in the new drug as much.

But it's early research so it seems with this, give it a bit of time maybe.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:47 pm

Just what we all needed, a 'new' species of giant, wandering spider:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/94567/researchers-discover-new-species-giant-spider?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mymodernmet

Perhaps the real reason for Trump's insistence on a wall? :lol:
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

PreviousNext