Re: Business / Investing Talk

by West » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:51 pm

If thats what your lefty newspapers are telling you pat
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:46 pm

West wrote:If thats what your lefty newspapers are telling you pat

Oh yeah - The Financial Post
Here’s the simple expectation: whatever you think of Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, markets are likely to respond negatively to a Trump win and positively to a Clinton presidency.

The “good” news is that Clinton still leads in most reputable polls, and most projections of votes in the Electoral College have her emerging from Tuesday with a victory. If that happens, we can expect a pop in markets everywhere — with the potential exception of Russia’s MICEX.

and Wall Street Journal
Dow Jumps 371 Points After FBI Says It Won’t Charge Clinton
Investors rushed back into U.S. stocks, sending the S&P 500 to its biggest gain since March.

Those papers are so left wing. lmao.
All-Star

by Aerial » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:24 pm

It's all BS, the markets will adjust at some point even if "Wild Bill Donald" gets voted in.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:10 pm

Aerial wrote:It's all BS, the markets will adjust at some point even if "Wild Bill Donald" gets voted in.

Tuesday will likely be flat.

Wednesday, if Hillary wins, expect a drop of 1 to 2% It Trump wins, expect a drop of 10%+.
All-Star

by West » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:10 pm

... and I'm sure the unpredictability of a president landing in prison has nothing to do with it.

But I'm a little surprised you'd still stick with Hillary after record profits by the big corporations.
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:16 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
Aerial wrote:It's all BS, the markets will adjust at some point even if "Wild Bill Donald" gets voted in.

Wednesday, if Hillary wins, expect a drop of 1 to 2% It Trump wins, expect a drop of 10%+.

Then back up 10 percent and someone inside makes another gazillion . Trump policies frees up the market he just wants to make American manufacturers to adhere by proper employment trade agreements that don't bankrupt
the nation from within . That does not hurt the world markets it only hurts speculators or the vultures of the world .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by BigJoeM » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 pm

BigJoeM wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:

Then back up 10 percent and someone inside makes another gazillion . Trump policies frees up the market he just wants to make American manufacturers to adhere by proper employment trade agreements that don't bankrupt
the nation from within . That does not hurt the world markets it only hurts speculators or the vultures of the world .

Kinda like when Hillary invested 1000 dollars and within two days she had 100,000 .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:20 pm

BigJoeM wrote:Then back up 10 percent and someone inside makes another gazillion.

Yeah... me! :)
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:24 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
BigJoeM wrote:Then back up 10 percent and someone inside makes another gazillion.

You a bad man .
Veteran

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:27 pm

BigJoeM wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:

You a bad man .

No... I have just been betting against the market for 6 months with no success. I would LOVE a drop of 10% or more. The more the better.
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:08 am

No... I have just been betting against the market for 6 months with no success. I would LOVE a drop of 10% or more. The more the better.[/quote]

:rockin: you will everything turns .
Veteran

by KevinRiley2 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:21 am

BigJoeM wrote::rockin: you will everything turns .

Hope so. I am on the verge of getting back into the market and I will feel awful if it tanks after I get in.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:49 am

Is Valeant going to ZERO?
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:21 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:

Canadian side was flat. U.S., not so much.

Interesting article...

How the stock market performs on, and after, Election Day

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/inside-t ... spartanntp
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:26 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:Is Valeant going to ZERO?

Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc shares plummet as drugmaker slashes forecast and warns of ‘surprises’ to come

http://business.financialpost.com/inves ... tlook-dims
All-Star

PreviousNext