Re: Business / Investing Talk

by West » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:51 pm

If thats what your lefty newspapers are telling you pat
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:46 pm

West wrote:If thats what your lefty newspapers are telling you pat

Oh yeah - The Financial Post
Here’s the simple expectation: whatever you think of Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, markets are likely to respond negatively to a Trump win and positively to a Clinton presidency.

The “good” news is that Clinton still leads in most reputable polls, and most projections of votes in the Electoral College have her emerging from Tuesday with a victory. If that happens, we can expect a pop in markets everywhere — with the potential exception of Russia’s MICEX.

and Wall Street Journal
Dow Jumps 371 Points After FBI Says It Won’t Charge Clinton
Investors rushed back into U.S. stocks, sending the S&P 500 to its biggest gain since March.

Those papers are so left wing. lmao.
All-Star

by Aerial » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:24 pm

It's all BS, the markets will adjust at some point even if "Wild Bill Donald" gets voted in.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:10 pm

Aerial wrote:It's all BS, the markets will adjust at some point even if "Wild Bill Donald" gets voted in.

Tuesday will likely be flat.

Wednesday, if Hillary wins, expect a drop of 1 to 2% It Trump wins, expect a drop of 10%+.
All-Star

by West » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:10 pm

... and I'm sure the unpredictability of a president landing in prison has nothing to do with it.

But I'm a little surprised you'd still stick with Hillary after record profits by the big corporations.
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:16 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
Aerial wrote:It's all BS, the markets will adjust at some point even if "Wild Bill Donald" gets voted in.

Wednesday, if Hillary wins, expect a drop of 1 to 2% It Trump wins, expect a drop of 10%+.

Then back up 10 percent and someone inside makes another gazillion . Trump policies frees up the market he just wants to make American manufacturers to adhere by proper employment trade agreements that don't bankrupt
the nation from within . That does not hurt the world markets it only hurts speculators or the vultures of the world .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by BigJoeM » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 pm

BigJoeM wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:

Then back up 10 percent and someone inside makes another gazillion . Trump policies frees up the market he just wants to make American manufacturers to adhere by proper employment trade agreements that don't bankrupt
the nation from within . That does not hurt the world markets it only hurts speculators or the vultures of the world .

Kinda like when Hillary invested 1000 dollars and within two days she had 100,000 .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:20 pm

BigJoeM wrote:Then back up 10 percent and someone inside makes another gazillion.

Yeah... me! :)
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:24 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
BigJoeM wrote:Then back up 10 percent and someone inside makes another gazillion.

You a bad man .
Veteran

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:27 pm

BigJoeM wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:

You a bad man .

No... I have just been betting against the market for 6 months with no success. I would LOVE a drop of 10% or more. The more the better.
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:08 am

No... I have just been betting against the market for 6 months with no success. I would LOVE a drop of 10% or more. The more the better.[/quote]

:rockin: you will everything turns .
Veteran

by KevinRiley2 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:21 am

BigJoeM wrote::rockin: you will everything turns .

Hope so. I am on the verge of getting back into the market and I will feel awful if it tanks after I get in.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:49 am

Is Valeant going to ZERO?
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:21 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:

Canadian side was flat. U.S., not so much.

Interesting article...

How the stock market performs on, and after, Election Day

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/inside-t ... spartanntp
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:26 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:Is Valeant going to ZERO?

Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc shares plummet as drugmaker slashes forecast and warns of ‘surprises’ to come

http://business.financialpost.com/inves ... tlook-dims
All-Star

PreviousNext