Anti Trumpsters

Re: Anti Trumpsters

by beaglehound » Fri May 19, 2017 3:57 pm

jamie wrote:Yes Beagle. I'm curious as to how you will respond to either of those two scenarios myself.

I can tell you now how I would respond Jamie. If it is proven that there are indictable offences leading to impeachment [or other] then justice hopefully will be carried out and the U.S. will be able to move forward in a positive way and I will welcome seeing the U.S. having the opportunity to finally move forward. If Mueller and his investigating team come up with nothing then my response will be the same.

How about you Jamie?
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Fri May 19, 2017 4:19 pm

...if Mueller digs up terrible things then I'm ordering the steak, and if he finds nothing of note then I'm ordering the steak...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by jamie » Fri May 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Beagle...I will react in much the same way as you with one exception. Regardless of what he finds I hope that the US can move forward and get on with the job of governing.
I don't hold trump as solely responsible for this mess. Severe partisan politics is really a problem and has been for a long time hindering governing.

And history tells us that special prosecutors have been the norm almost. Both Raegan and Clinton had one investigating them and their WH activities through much of their terms.
All-Star

by beaglehound » Fri May 19, 2017 4:58 pm

jamie wrote:Beagle...I will react in much the same way as you with one exception. Regardless of what he finds I hope that the US can move forward and get on with the job of governing.
I don't hold trump as solely responsible for this mess. Severe partisan politics is really a problem and has been for a long time hindering governing.

And history tells us that special prosecutors have been the norm almost. Both Raegan and Clinton had one investigating them and their WH activities through much of their terms.

It certainly seems that way but I'm not sure what exception you are referring to.

Speaking of not holding Trump solely responsible. It kind of reminds me of the Nixon years. Did he give the Watergate break-in the nod? Or did he find out about it after the fact? Will we ever know?

On another subject for another day perhaps, it also appears that too much red tape can end up paralyzing a government. I wonder sometimes if some politicians get fed up with how slowly the wheels of government can move and get sick and tired of "the system" so they resort to "other" measures. I'm not suggesting that is what is going on with this current administration.
All-Star

by Aerial » Fri May 19, 2017 6:26 pm

It'll be interesting if the US can move on and deal with all of this or if this will mire them and make them less important in the world scenario, financially, militarily, socially etc what have you, because they were unable to deal with this Trump Presidency.

It could be their undoing as the leading? nation state in the world and they will only have themselves to blame.

They better get their friggin act together, if they are capable. :o :o :o

It is their choice though. They have their work cut out for them to figure this one out.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by beaglehound » Fri May 19, 2017 6:34 pm

Aerial wrote:It'll be interesting if the US can move on and deal with all of this or if this will mire them and make them less important in the world scenario, financially, militarily, socially etc what have you, because they were unable to deal with this Trump Presidency.

It could be their undoing as the leading? nation state in the world and they will only have themselves to blame.

They better get their friggin act together, if they are capable. :o :o :o

It is their choice though. They have their work cut out for them to figure this one out.

:thup: :thup: Very good Aerial.
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Fri May 19, 2017 6:36 pm

With the Trump organization (mostly white house, but obviously some of the Trump pawnbroker enterprises) under intense scrutiny - THE FORM CHART ON TRUMP
says
He'll become even more mouthy and bellicose in response to the various investigations (senate, house, Moeller, media, etc.)
That's the way this classic career mope rolls; putting down people who have him over a barrel, lying like the dickens and making a mockery of media celebrities).
If his core support (its currently at an all-time presidential low of 39%) falls below 35% that would indicate no real chance for re-election (if he's not impeached or forced to resign prior)
NOTE: Its virtually impossible for Trump's core support to fall thru a bottom lower than 35% - for that's almost the number of virtually incomprehensible Americans who are incapable of logic and thus can't fall off the trump band-wagon!
Last edited by Lyle B. Style on Sat May 20, 2017 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Sat May 20, 2017 4:08 am

Aerial wrote:It'll be interesting if the US can move on and deal with all of this or if this will mire them and make them less important in the world scenario, financially, militarily, socially etc. what have you, because they were unable to deal with this Trump Presidency.

The WH have already achieved their "goals" so far in all the above regards. No turning back now ... "the deconstruction of the administrative state" ... The U.S. of A is burning. I couldn't gloat more :D
Veteran

by Liquor Kitty » Sat May 20, 2017 4:11 am

So, the **** pile has got a lot higher. The Dumpster just can't keep his expansive, orange pie-hole shut.
Veteran

by Lyle B. Style » Sat May 20, 2017 9:22 am

Liquor Kitty wrote:So, the **** pile has got a lot higher. The Dumpster just can't keep his expansive, orange pie-hole shut.

Trump is in no immediate danger of getting flushed down the sewers of New York.
At this point in proceedings he's lawyering up like the dickens - once he finds a couple studlies akin to Johnny Cochrane & Robert Shapiro, he'll be able to tangle up all prosecutions in virtual wars of words. No question he can do this for another 3.5 years - whether he can do it for 7.5, that's another question!
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:17 am

Watching the Trump White House the last few weeks was like watching an incompetent homeowner who knows nothing about plumbing trying to deal with a leaky faucet who just keeps making things worse - even beyond just a leaky faucet and then blaming everybody but themselves for all the issues that arise from his actions.

A leak starts - that could get bad - but the homeowner ignores the warnings and doesn't act on it. Does he think it will go away - and fix itself? (This stage is comparable to how Trump ignored all the Flynn warnings).

It gets to the point where there are so many drips the rest of the people in the house are concerned and the homeowner finally reluctantly does something. He tries replacing a part hoping thaat will solve the problem. Even seems to briefly help but within days the drip is back even a bit worse than before. (Fires Flynn - but that doesn't stop more Russia tie stories from hitting the press and FBI announcing to congress what they are investigating)

So the homeowner tries replacing another part - a major one - a part that wasn't broken - hoping that will make the problem go away. But when he does that he does it all wrong and that just makes the problem even worse. He calls the neighbour over to help - and the neighbour tries to help but the damage is done. The homeowner tells his wife - that he blames the neighbour. That he was just acting on the neighbours advice on the big part.

But it turns out the neighbour really just tried to help after the damage had been done. (This would be the fire Comey, say it was Rosenstein's idea and later admit it was a decision that had already been made and he was just looking for cover).

The homeowner has guests - some of whom have pretty dodgy reputations according to scuttlebut around the the neighbourhood. For some reason discussion turns to break-ins in the neighbourhood and he brags how he's got a great security system. Some of his neighbours have good ones to have told him how they use their kids birthday as their security codes. The homeowner's Nanny overhears this and is so alarmed warns the nanny of the neighbour. (Oval office meeting with the Russians where Trump spilled the confidential information identifying the city of an Israeli source and other classified info).

The last two weeks that's been what it has been like watching the Trump White House. The drip, drip, drip started dripping faster - with each new piece of information. Just like the homeowner - who knew nothing about plumbing and had no concept of neighbourhood security - that's what it is like watching Trump. He's either in over his head and he just keeps making things worse for himself - or he's scrambling trying to figure out how to impede investigations from finding wrong doing on his part or those close to him.

It is one or the other.
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Mon May 22, 2017 5:06 am

Bulldozer. Level the White House.
Veteran

by Liquor Kitty » Thu May 25, 2017 12:35 pm

Don't Save The Queen.
Attachments
5m9ZZmAe8UatambDFRfR1g==_6896093022746212787.jpg
0hn30fCHkwloszpReZPLvQ==_6896093022746215037.jpg
Veteran

by PTBO Dave » Thu May 25, 2017 12:59 pm

Heh, the first one looks quite natural . . . and surprisingly might actually be an improvement over the real thing. :lol:
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Thu May 25, 2017 1:47 pm

...way better hair for a start...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

PreviousNext