Anti Trumpsters

Re: Anti Trumpsters

by jamie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:19 pm

Lying to congress, improper business dealings, bombing someone because they contradicted him, refusing to come to work, pissing off ally leaders, showing up to a meeting dressed as hugh hefner, forgetting to comb his hair back, lots of things come to mind
All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Oh please....
All-Star

by FootbalYouBet » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:54 am

oo DAWG oo wrote:
sambo42 wrote:
jamie wrote:He sees approval rating at 37% ...and is seething!!! But only 4.5 more days and he can get back to Florida cabin again.

Once all the legislation the GOP has introduced becomes law, Trump will be impeached.... Its likely that Pence will be the President when the calendar turns to 2018...

Impeached for what? Be tough to do it "just because"

how about because he is insane?
Live well and please God

FYB has left the building
Hall of Famer

by Liquor Kitty » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:38 am

FootbalYouBet wrote:
oo DAWG oo wrote:[quote="sambo42
Once all the legislation the GOP has introduced becomes law, Trump will be impeached.... Its likely that Pence will be the President when the calendar turns to 2018...

Impeached for what? Be tough to do it "just because"

how about because he is insane?[/quote]

Yes, he is very much the fruitcake! Nutter!
Veteran

by sambo42 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:12 am

I said it a couple of pages back, but he is nothing more than a figurehead... his celebrity and popularity were keeping him in power, but it seems that at 37%, the novelty is wearing off... his contacts with the Russians during his campaign may come back to bite him as well... I think more than a few Trump supporters will jump off the bandwagon once the investigation gets into full swing...
Hall of Famer

by jamie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Actually I think Trump and the impeachment powers will negotiate a way for Trump to try and leave while saving his brand as best he can.
In all seriousness I think he is lapsing into real depressive and paranoid behavior. Anger is a close relative to depression. And for a guy that needs to be idolized as much as Trump does his situation must be killing him. His paranoia that others are out to get him is his anchor.
Somewhere in all this he personally needs to find a way out. And that just may mean resignation while not admitting failure. He may just be bold enough to say that he is resigning because " they can't handle the truth".
But in any event I think we've just witnessed the downfall and complete distrust in a president in two short months whether he stays on or not. But others will be in charge in real terms and he may just occupy the title. But he is done, Now his real work is to save his brand.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:45 pm

This President is no longer believable - not that this man ever was to me based on the continuing easily provable lies he told throughout his campaign that some on this board chose to disregard or ignore. .

He's no longer believed by the majority of Americans. He's not believed by America's allies. And he has nobody to blame but himself.

The longer he remains as President - the more embarrassing, damaging and dangerous it becomes for Americans - and by extension - because of America's position in the world - the rest of us.
All-Star

by bobo82 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:11 pm

FAKE !! FAKE !! FAKETY FAKE !! IT'S ALL FAKE FOLKS !! DON'T BE FOOLED BY ALL THE FAKE THINGS THAT ARE BEING SAID ABOUT ME !! ........TRUST ME I'M GOING TO...........
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:04 am

Nice summary from Robert Reich of the debacle that is Trump and the Republican congress.
https://www.facebook.com/RBReich/videos ... 488791242/

The one point he makes that makes me laugh - and I wonder if Trump supporters have a clue (I seriously doubt it) - is that studies now show if Trumpcare and his budget were to pass and get implemented in their current form - the net effect would result in a massive shift of wealth - tens of billions of dollars - from states who voted for Trump to states who voted for Clinton.

That's right Trumpsters - there would be a massive shift of wealth via tax breaks to Blue states and your Red states would be harder hit by the cuts to fund those tax breaks. More in red states would lose their health insurance or have to pay more for the same coverage they have now - and other cuts to services currently aided by the federal government would be cut and those cuts would have a more significant negative impact in 'Trump' states that they live in than in the Blue states.

But too many Trumpsters don't have a clue (yet) that is what is happening - they believe simple slogans instead. To be fair some who voted for Trump have clued in and they are among those flooding the Town Hall meetings.
All-Star

by Aerial » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:12 am

Yes, Robert Reich:

Elsewhere in the world of socialized medicine, Robert Reich continues to see the business world as one giant Thomas Nast cartoon:

For the second week in a row George Will gave a much-needed education to one of the media's most beloved liberal economists.During the Roundtable segment of Sunday's "This Week," Berkeley professor Robert Reich falsely claimed health insurance companies are exhibiting huge profits: "That is money directly out of the pockets of Americans."
Will countered, "[C]onfiscate all the profits of all the health insurance companies, with those profits you could finance our healthcare for 48 hours."

Reich arrogantly responded, "[R]ecipients of health insurance don't know what they are buying very often. Until there are common standards, minimal standards, then people are going to be taken."

This nicely set Will up to drive the ball out of the park, "There you have the premise of this legislation and the core of today's liberalism: the American people are such dopes they can't be counted upon to buy their own insurance"

But then, like Obama and Biden, this is far from the first time that Robert Reich rejects your reality and substitutes his own.

https://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/2010/3/7 ... important/
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by Aerial » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:13 am

Yes, Robert Reich:

Elsewhere in the world of socialized medicine, Robert Reich continues to see the business world as one giant Thomas Nast cartoon:

For the second week in a row George Will gave a much-needed education to one of the media's most beloved liberal economists.During the Roundtable segment of Sunday's "This Week," Berkeley professor Robert Reich falsely claimed health insurance companies are exhibiting huge profits: "That is money directly out of the pockets of Americans."
Will countered, "[C]onfiscate all the profits of all the health insurance companies, with those profits you could finance our healthcare for 48 hours."

Reich arrogantly responded, "Recipients of health insurance don't know what they are buying very often. Until there are common standards, minimal standards, then people are going to be taken."

This nicely set Will up to drive the ball out of the park, "There you have the premise of this legislation and the core of today's liberalism: the American people are such dopes they can't be counted upon to buy their own insurance"

But then, like Obama and Biden, this is far from the first time that Robert Reich rejects your reality and substitutes his own

https://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/2010/3/7 ... important/
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:32 am

A bit more on how Trumpcare will shift wealth from the poor to the rich.
- http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/ ... x-cut-rich

Most analysis of the American Health Care Act, the new House Republican plan for repealing and replacing Obamacare, has focused on the fact that it will take away health insurance from millions of Americans, including, eventually, millions of poor, elderly, and disabled Americans currently on Medicaid. It’s reasonable in light of that to ask what there is to like about the proposal.

The main answer, for Republicans is Congress, is that it also contains $600 billion in tax cuts — tax cuts that would save the wealthiest 0.1 percent of Americans nearly $200,000 each in a single year, according to a batch of analyses released by the Joint Committee on Taxation on Tuesday.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:45 am

And Earl - if you don't like Robert Reich's multiple well reasoned and well explained criticisms of Trump - simply 'because he's Liberal' - how about the very damning criticism of Trump today in the very conservative right wing Wall Street Journal - which in some ways is even harsher than Reich. The entire editorial worth a read, my favouite lines from it copied below.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-presiden ... 1490138920

A President’s Credibility
Trump’s falsehoods are eroding public trust, at home and abroad.

If President Trump announces that North Korea launched a missile that landed within 100 miles of Hawaii, would most Americans believe him? Would the rest of the world? We’re not sure, which speaks to the damage that Mr. Trump is doing to his Presidency with his seemingly endless stream of exaggerations, evidence-free accusations, implausible denials and other falsehoods.

Yet the President clings to his assertion like a drunk to an empty gin bottle, rolling out his press spokesman to make more dubious claims. Sean Spicer—who doesn’t deserve this treatment—was dispatched last week to repeat an assertion by a Fox News commentator that perhaps the Obama Administration had subcontracted the wiretap to British intelligence.

That bungle led to a public denial from the British Government Communications Headquarters, and British news reports said the U.S. apologized. But then the White House claimed there was no apology. For the sake of grasping for any evidence to back up his original tweet, and the sin of pride in not admitting error, Mr. Trump had his spokesman repeat an unchecked TV claim that insulted an ally.

Mr. Comey even took the unusual step of confirming that the FBI is investigating ties between the Trump election campaign and Russia.

Mr. Comey said he could make such a public admission only in “unusual circumstances,”

All of this continues the pattern from the campaign that Mr. Trump is his own worst political enemy. He survived his many false claims as a candidate because his core supporters treated it as mere hyperbole and his opponent was untrustworthy Hillary Clinton. But now he’s President, and he needs support beyond the Breitbart (and CFL Forum) cheering section that will excuse anything.

Two months into his Presidency, Gallup has Mr. Trump’s approval rating at 39%. No doubt Mr. Trump considers that fake news, but if he doesn’t show more respect for the truth most Americans may conclude he’s a fake President.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:05 am

Yet another Associated Press report that should have most Americans going - 'Hmmm? It is time for a full blown independent prosecutor investigation into all these things so we can get to the bottom of all this stuff. '

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-ca ... d=46297528

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort secretly worked for a Russian billionaire to advance the interests of Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to a new Associated Press report.

The AP report alleges that Manafort proposed a confidential strategic plan that suggested he would influence politics, business dealings and media coverage within the United States and elsewhere to benefit the Putin government.

And in the lamest of lame attempts to distance themself from Manafort - Trump spokesperson - Sean Spicer actually said this.
Manafort "played a very limited role for a very limited amount of time."

'Limited role' - that is a very unique description for a campaign manager. LOL
All-Star

by Aerial » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:17 pm

That's fine and dandy Pat. But he's still President. :wink: And if he gets booted out, the Republicans still are the ones holding Presidential office. :wink: And that might work agains't the Democrats in the next election if Pence or whomever does a good job. Maybe the Dems should watch what they wish for. :wink:
All-Star

PreviousNext