Atlantic Schooners

Re: Atlantic Schooners

by bobo82 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Vermonter wrote:How about a team in Greenland? :twisted:

We already have a team in Greenland called the Roughsliders . :)
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by OskeeweeneeVI » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:39 pm

:thup:
bobo82 wrote:

Starter

by OskeeweeneeVI » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:41 pm

It's amazing how a guy who calls himself The Last Word always has Another Word. :cowboy:
Starter

by rcon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:32 pm

OskeeweeneeVI wrote:It's amazing how a guy who calls himself The Last Word always has Another Word. :cowboy:

I wish that we have heard the last word from "The Last Word", but I know it won't be the last word from "The Last Word"!!! Word? :? :? :wink:
All-Star

by Cool » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:49 am

Pull Together everyone
All-Star

by Argofan_1000 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:17 pm

schooners.jpg
schooners.jpg (10.11 KiB) Viewed 1026 times

what might work and start some discussion out east is to have a couple of CFL teams play a game in Halifax but one of the teams wear the CFL "Schooners" Uniforms. I think that might work.
Veteran

by Argofan_1000 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:20 pm

Argofan_1000 wrote:
schooners.jpg

what might work and start some discussion out east is to have a couple of CFL teams play a game in Halifax but with one of the teams wearing the CFL "Schooners" Uniform. I think that might work in helping to gain support.

To the Schooner fans, this is what the fans of St. Louis did when they thought there might be an outside chance of a CFL team last year. Halifax would have a much better chance of a team but fans need to build the interest . Here is the St. Louis CFL link
http://www.stlramscfl.com/
Veteran

by Cool » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:03 am

Argofan_1000 wrote:What might work and start some discussion out east is to have a couple of CFL teams play a game in Halifax but one of the teams wear the CFL "Schooners" Uniforms. I think that might work.

Maybe... hadn't considered that...
Pull Together everyone
All-Star

by HfxTC » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:12 am

You guys realize there is a brand spanking new shipyard sitting empty out here that was built at the cost of 1.8 billion dollars in private money (Irving) sitting empty with a Liberal government that has just postponed (read cancelled) all military orders.

The Imperial oil refinery facing the shipyard was just closed down and dismantled a few months ago. That was the last large Industrial employer in Halifax.

Saudi government has cut off the windfall to local Universities to pretty much zero.

I haven't seen it this dire here in over 20 years, maybe 30 years. A stadium is way way way down the list of priorities.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Cool » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:32 am

HfxTC wrote:I haven't seen it this dire here in over 20 years, maybe 30 years. A stadium is way way way down the list of priorities.

Always the same thing in the Atlantic provinces... Living by the word "can't"...
Pull Together everyone
All-Star

by brihind88 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:36 am

HfxTC wrote:You guys realize there is a brand spanking new shipyard sitting empty out here that was built at the cost of 1.8 billion dollars in private money (Irving) sitting empty with a Liberal government that has just postponed (read cancelled) all military orders.

The Imperial oil refinery facing the shipyard was just closed down and dismantled a few months ago. That was the last large Industrial employer in Halifax.

Saudi government has cut off the windfall to local Universities to pretty much zero.

I haven't seen it this dire here in over 20 years, maybe 30 years. A stadium is way way way down the list of priorities.

Good info and detail.

Here in Calgary, there are to many other areas that need to be fixed.
Priority areas need to be addressed before a new building / arena.
All-Star

by brihind88 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:44 am

Argofan_1000 wrote:
Argofan_1000 wrote:
schooners.jpg

what might work and start some discussion out east is to have a couple of CFL teams play a game in Halifax but with one of the teams wearing the CFL "Schooners" Uniform. I think that might work in helping to gain support.

To the Schooner fans, this is what the fans of St. Louis did when they thought there might be an outside chance of a CFL team last year. Halifax would have a much better chance of a team but fans need to build the interest . Here is the St. Louis CFL link
http://www.stlramscfl.com/

Made me laugh and shake my head.

It states " since 96 , the CFL has been looking for a scenario that would allow them to expand back to the US"

:lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: I have no idea who in the CFL office or owner stated that, but WTF ????

Not in my CFL. No way as long as I am on this planet.

It also lists 9 more cities that would " work " in the CFL.

These 10 cities are welcome to go form their own Spring Football league.
It is needed , as there are to many players and not enough jobs.
Just stay away from the border. They are not welcome here.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:35 am

Cool wrote:
HfxTC wrote:I haven't seen it this dire here in over 20 years, maybe 30 years. A stadium is way way way down the list of priorities.

Always the same thing in the Atlantic provinces... Living by the word "can't"...

Its a strange place... Might have to do with the enormous amount of wealth land that was passed on from generation to generation. I have no clue what will become of this province. The population is getting old (read expensive) at a record rate and the young people leave in droves. So where is the tax base going to come from to support the entitled boomers ???

Also the hydro costs have gone through the roof here. My bill for 99KW/day is now over $1200.00 every two months, retirees on fixed income are being forced out of their homes into these little Shannex apartments, many can't handle over 1000 bucks a month for taxes and utilities alone.

If the Liberals lower the transfer payments , this place is skrewed !
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by brihind88 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:25 am

bobo82 wrote:

We should get a team in Greenland.

That way the Riders might win some games.
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:11 pm

HfxTC wrote:The population is getting old (read expensive) at a record rate and the young people leave in droves. So where is the tax base going to come from to support the entitled boomers ???

Same as PEI (where I live).
There will be no CFL team on the east coast for years to come.
Veteran

PreviousNext