CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:53 pm

Mightygoose wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:
Mightygoose wrote:Calgary's forthcoming Olympic bid...

Winter?

Yup! 2026 though possibly 2030 depending how the 2024 summer bids end.

What I really feel CalgaryNEXT in some form is cooking

As per Wiki, both LA and Paris are battling for 2024 and whoever loses, likely LA, will get 2028.
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:57 am

It's official - Canada/US/Mexico put in a joint bid for the World Cup. Makes sense especially with the expansion to 48 teams, Canada would never be able to stage a stand alone Cup with 48 teams.

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/st ... ar-sources
All-Star

by Aerial » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:35 pm

If it works out will see some nice improvements to existing stadiums in Canada that host the WC games.

But anyone thinking this will lead to a billion dollar plus NFL stadium in Toronto needs to go for psychiatric counselling IMHO. :D Remember, the Univ of Toronto intellectuals think of gridiron as barbaric in all ways and would love to see the Argos go caput and anything to do with gridiron caput, NFL or otherwise. The sport is just too barbaric ITHO I would say. 8) And these U of T sorts will make sure that there is a new baseball stadium in Toronto before any stadium that is for the NFL, that's a given and even Pat would agree with that, eh Travel? :D
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by Migs » Sat May 20, 2017 10:18 am

Got another brief tour of the stadium last night. Finishing touches coming along very nicely.

Also, the perimeter construction fence is now gone so you can now walk around the whole exterior of the stadium.

Starter

by KevinRiley2 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:23 am

What a beautiful building! :thup:
All-Star

by Aerial » Sat May 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Looking the a gem for sure! :thup: What CFL player wouldn't like to call this place home field? None I would say.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by BCCFLFAN » Sun May 21, 2017 1:56 pm

Migs wrote:Got another brief tour of the stadium last night. Finishing touches coming along very nicely.

Also, the perimeter construction fence is now gone so you can now walk around the whole exterior of the stadium.

I would take this stadium over BC Place Stadium any day. Just the right amount of seats so that it will sell out all the time. Calgary and Montreal need stadiums like this. :thup:
Starter

by vanhalendlrband » Sun May 21, 2017 8:16 pm

BCCFLFAN wrote:
Migs wrote:Got another brief tour of the stadium last night. Finishing touches coming along very nicely.

I would take this stadium over BC Place Stadium any day. Just the right amount of seats so that it will sell out all the time. Calgary and Montreal need stadiums like this. :thup:

Beautiful stadium can't wait to see it.
All-Star

by canadianfootballfan » Mon May 22, 2017 12:09 am

Aerial wrote:Looking the a gem for sure! :thup: What CFL player wouldn't like to call this place home field? None I would say.

They might feel that way, if Jones wasn't the coach.
Veteran

by BCRiderFan » Mon May 22, 2017 2:12 am

canadianfootballfan wrote:
Aerial wrote:Looking the a gem for sure! :thup: What CFL player wouldn't like to call this place home field? None I would say.

They might feel that way, if Jones wasn't the coach.

Yeah, so we weren't able to sign any free agents. Hahaha
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions
Veteran

by Neely2005 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:54 am

I think to players the city they live in is more important than the stadium they play in.
"ALL-TIME RECORDS

Grey Cup Wins:

16- Toronto Argonauts
14- Edmonton Eskimos
10- Winnipeg Blue Bombers
8- Hamilton Tiger-Cats
7- Ottawa Rough Riders
7- Montreal Alouettes
7- Calgary Stampeders
6- B.C. Lions
4- Saskatchewan Roughriders"

http://www.cfl.ca/2010/12/02/by-the-num ... cup-glory/
Veteran

by PTBO Dave » Mon May 22, 2017 9:18 am

Neely2005 wrote:

I think to players the city they live in is more important than the stadium they play in.

But who wouldn't love to have a stadium like that in the city of their choice?
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by drummer_god » Mon May 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Looks terrific, especially now with all the finishing touches going in - banners, flags, ring of honour, etc.
Hall of Famer

by Aerial » Mon May 22, 2017 4:50 pm

It'll be interesting if a city like say Montreal can compete with this one, either football or baseball, and it won't be both, a choice will have to be made, eventually in such a "world class city".

My guess is Montreal will blow it's brains out bringing back MLB and then it'll all far apart at some point when they see they can't resign stars because not many Americans want to live in Quebec and raise a family there with the French politics that does affect families and we'll see 2500 type crowds, once again, at Expos games. A Loria type owner I'm sure or maybe even a real solid owner with local roots, hey it's the fickle Quebec sports fan, they even let the Nordiques go to the US and hockey is in their blood, who would have imagined. As I say, it's French Canada, hard place to figure out sports wise. :o

All-Star

by brianjoxx » Mon May 22, 2017 5:26 pm

BCCFLFAN wrote:

I was down in Calgary this last week and toured university of C and McMahon Stadium.

Very nice facility. Would someone from Calgary speak up?? Nice stadium used very little.
Why in the world would you spend 300 million tax payers money for a new Stadium????
Probably because owners want more cash sell more expensive seats.

On this tour we visited Edmonton's new area. Is it helpful to community. No. Is it user friendly, NO. More $300 seat. Can hardly see the ice from upper level.
.Retailers pay 3 times the rental cost for bars, retailers. Is this a deal for JOE PUBLIC.
Think not. Commonwealth Stadium is BETTER THEN ANY new stadium, maybe not BUT
average ticket price is $38 and beer $6 bucks. User friendly for sure.
New does not equate to user friendly unless you got deep pockets. New= mo money for owners.
Starter

PreviousNext