CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:49 pm

depopulationINC wrote:I highly doubt that a world cup goes somewhere that does not pledge a new stadium.

Huh???

Question : So how many new stadiums will NYC, LA and Mexico build for the World Cup?

Answer : None. Their games will play in current stadiums. But Canada will have to build a stadium?

***

The games would be spilt between Canada, US and Mexico - IF it's won. The Canadian games would be spread across Canada. Why would Canada pledge to build a $1B USD stadium, in Toronto, to host a fraction of a fraction of games?

The playoff games would likely be held in NYC, LA and Mexico City.

Do you really think FIFA will say to Canada, "If you don't spend $1B, you will not get 3 or 4 games in Toronto?", when the SkyDome or an expanded BMO is available?
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8080
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by depopulationINC » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:07 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:I highly doubt that a world cup goes somewhere that does not pledge a new stadium.

Huh???

Question : So how many new stadiums will NYC, LA and Mexico build for the World Cup?

Answer : None. Their games will play in current stadiums. But Canada will?

***

The games would be spilt between Canada, US and Mexico - IF it's won. The Canadian games would be spread across Canada. Why would Canada pledge to build a $1B USD stadium, in Toronto, to host a fraction of a fraction of games?

The playoff games would likely be held in NYC, LA and Mexico City.

Do you really think FIFA will say to Canada, "If you don't spend $1B, you will not get 3 or 4 games in Toronto?" when the SkyDome or an expanded BMO is available?

Do people realize how much an 80K seat stadium would cost?

Do poster realize how much a Billion U.S. Dollars is?

Where has common sense gone?


Are some people incapable of looking at track records for world cups and seeing that new facilities have kinda been a normal posh? Qatar is building on for 2022, Russia is building for 2018, Rio built for 2014, South Africa built for 2010, Germany built for 2016. The same trend can be followed for the Olympics. No, not every stadium is new, but there are always new ones for it. The inability for some posters to translate past practices to what will happen in the future astounds me. New stadiums WILL be a part of a winning bid. Not every stadium, but there will be new ones in there.
Last edited by depopulationINC on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Do people realize how much an 80K seat stadium would cost?

Do poster realize how much a Billion U.S. Dollars is?

Where has common sense gone?
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8080
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:11 pm

depopulationINC wrote:Are some people incapable of looking at track records for world cups and seeing that new facilities have kinda been a normal posh? Qatar is building on for 2022, Russia is building for 2018, Rio built for 2014, South Africa built for 2010, Germany built for 2016. The same trend can be followed for the Olympics. No, not every stadium is new, but there are always new ones for it. The inability for some posters to translate past practices to what will happen in the future astounds me. New stadiums WILL be a part of a winning bid. Not every stadium, but there will be new ones in there.

But they were all hosting the World Cup, on their own, and needed additional stadium to host all the matches. In this case, there will be 3 countries hosting the games.

I'll make you a deal. If/When the proposal comes out, if an 80K seat stadium is required for Canada to participate, I'll leave cfl.ca and never return. If NO stadium is required, you leave.

Deal?
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8080
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by depopulationINC » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:13 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:Are some people incapable of looking at track records for world cups and seeing that new facilities have kinda been a normal posh? Qatar is building on for 2022, Russia is building for 2018, Rio built for 2014, South Africa built for 2010, Germany built for 2016. The same trend can be followed for the Olympics. No, not every stadium is new, but there are always new ones for it. The inability for some posters to translate past practices to what will happen in the future astounds me. New stadiums WILL be a part of a winning bid. Not every stadium, but there will be new ones in there.

But they were all hosting the World Cup, on their own, and needed additional stadium to host all the matches. In this case, there will be 3 countries hosting the games.

I'll make you a deal. If/When the proposal comes out, if an 80K seat stadium is required for Canada to participate, I'll leave cfl.ca and never return. If NO stadium is required, you leave.

Deal?


Leave if you want, I don't care. I said it would be a part of it, not that it would be in Canada.

you needed to poke at someone's opinion and throw a slap...I did it back and apparently that hurts your touchy feallies.

grow up.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:16 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:Are some people incapable of looking at track records for world cups and seeing that new facilities have kinda been a normal posh? Qatar is building on for 2022, Russia is building for 2018, Rio built for 2014, South Africa built for 2010, Germany built for 2016. The same trend can be followed for the Olympics. No, not every stadium is new, but there are always new ones for it. The inability for some posters to translate past practices to what will happen in the future astounds me. New stadiums WILL be a part of a winning bid. Not every stadium, but there will be new ones in there.

But they were all hosting the World Cup, on their own, and needed additional stadium to host all the matches. In this case, there will be 3 countries hosting the games.

I'll make you a deal. If/When the proposal comes out, if an 80K seat stadium is required for Canada to participate, I'll leave cfl.ca and never return. If NO stadium is required, you leave.

Deal?


Leave if you want, I don't care. I said it would be a part of it, not that it would be in Canada.

you needed to poke at someone's opinion and throw a slap...I did it back and apparently that hurts your touchy feallies.

grow up.

You're right. I acted like a jerk. Sorry, D. My bad.

I need a break from this place.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8080
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by depopulationINC » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:29 pm

For the record...I don't think that there is a facility that could host in Canada as is. BC Place might be the only one. Rodgers, to my understanding, can't handle the turf (I could be wrong) so that means doubling the size of BMO in either temporary or permanent seating....so yes,,,,I could entirely see a new facility there. A billion dollar one? not likely...but I could see 600-800mil CDN.

Beyond that, Commonwealth could do a game and has the capacity...but it is unlikely they would be given a quarterfinal...that is just the way the tournament is....they showcase the newer facilities.

who else really has anything? Regina and and Winnipeg could maybe host an opening round game and the prelims. That is a big maybe....Regina is out because of hotel rooms....Winnipeg could probably pull it off.

Montreal's Big Pain is presently in no condition to do it...I would put them as a front runner for a new stadium with funding because it might be able to draw a MLB team after. IF a Canadian city gets a partially funded stadium out of it I see them as a front runner because of that.

As it stands now, I would think that Canada would get at least 1 game in the quarters/semis/finals (Finals likely being LA) and I don't see a stadium (as it stands now) that they would play one of those games in. I think LA and Mexico City would get the Semis, LA the final...but Canada should get a Quarter out of it...the could potentially revamp a stadium for that but it would cost enough that it gets to a point where you start considering a new facility.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by depopulationINC » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:30 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:You're right. I acted like a jerk. Sorry, D. My bad.

I need a break from this place.


no worries
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:41 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:You're right. I acted like a jerk. Sorry, D. My bad.

I need a break from this place.


no worries

Thanks!
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8080
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by Dust » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:05 pm

Vancouver and Edmonton have the two best facilities to host a World Cup game currently without adding in a bunch of crummy temporary seats.

Montreal and Toronto both have fine stadiums for MLS, however Montreal (20k) and Toronto (30k) both lack capacity for something of this magnitude.

I could see renovations being part of a bid, but I don't think we'll see anything new built for this assuming they win the bid. We also have to keep in mind that FIFA has a new president, so maybe some of the crazy corruption that's been associated with these past bids will be toned down.

Here's Commonwealth for soccer.

Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 6910
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:02 am
Location: Regina

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by depopulationINC » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:10 pm

Dust wrote:Vancouver and Edmonton have the two best facilities to host a World Cup game currently without adding in a bunch of crummy temporary seats.

Montreal and Toronto both have fine stadiums for MLS, however Montreal (20k) and Toronto (30k) both lack capacity for something of this magnitude.

I could see renovations being part of a bid, but I don't think we'll see anything new built for this assuming they win the bid. We also have to keep in mind that FIFA has a new president, so maybe some of the crazy corruption that's been associated with these past bids will be toned down.

Here's Commonwealth for soccer.

Image


That is what I was alluding to as well stadium wise, but really good point on the new president aspect. Part of these big international events is that it gives a push to build new facilities or put money into existing, and that can be a positive legacy of the games, but it has gone way too far IMO.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by BCRiderFan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:04 pm

Amusing all the comments on something that has zero chance of happening, lol
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions
Veteran
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:22 pm
Location: Burnaby, B.C.

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:16 pm

BCRiderFan wrote:Amusing all the comments on something that has zero chance of happening, lol

Hope you're right. :)
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8080
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by -Hammer- » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:55 pm

BigJoeM wrote:
c-way-dude wrote:It's hard to believe that the U.S., with all of their expensive state-of-the-art stadiums, would see the need to share the World Cup. Even with the increased number of participating teams, the tournament can still be hosted in as few as 12 stadiums.
At best, Canada's participation in a joint bid would likely only see games in Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, and Montreal (with some stadium renovations). I don't see the roof at Olympic Stadium being an issue, as the World Cup is played in summer.
I would have liked to see Canada put in a bid to host on it's own. We are in a better position to host than we have ever been. A bid could feature existing CFL stadiums (exchanging Molson for Olympic), the SkyDome, and new stadiums in Halifax and Quebec City. Calgary could use the event as an opportunity to receive help with replacing McMahon. The final could be hosted either at an expanded Big O, or an expanded Commonwealth. We might have a chance to win the bid if Trump ticks off enough countries so that their delegates consider voting for us out of spite.

I think we need a pro league growing soccer as a prerequisite for our own bid but I could be wrong .


You mean like this proposed league?

http://www.wakingthered.com/canadian-premier-league
Image
Les Tigre-Chats de Hamilton - Naufrage des navires depuis 1869
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 4597
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:42 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by BigJoeM » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:27 am

-Hammer- wrote:
BigJoeM wrote:
c-way-dude wrote:It's hard to believe that the U.S., with all of their expensive state-of-the-art stadiums, would see the need to share the World Cup. Even with the increased number of participating teams, the tournament can still be hosted in as few as 12 stadiums.
At best, Canada's participation in a joint bid would likely only see games in Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, and Montreal (with some stadium renovations). I don't see the roof at Olympic Stadium being an issue, as the World Cup is played in summer.
I would have liked to see Canada put in a bid to host on it's own. We are in a better position to host than we have ever been. A bid could feature existing CFL stadiums (exchanging Molson for Olympic), the SkyDome, and new stadiums in Halifax and Quebec City. Calgary could use the event as an opportunity to receive help with replacing McMahon. The final could be hosted either at an expanded Big O, or an expanded Commonwealth. We might have a chance to win the bid if Trump ticks off enough countries so that their delegates consider voting for us out of spite.

I think we need a pro league growing soccer as a prerequisite for our own bid but I could be wrong .


You mean like this proposed league?



http://www.wakingthered.com/canadian-premier-league


The league that is in perpetual start up mode would do the trick .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:05 am

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 40 guests