CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

Re: CFL stadium makeovers w/pics

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:53 pm

Mightygoose wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:
Mightygoose wrote:Calgary's forthcoming Olympic bid...

Winter?

Yup! 2026 though possibly 2030 depending how the 2024 summer bids end.

What I really feel CalgaryNEXT in some form is cooking

As per Wiki, both LA and Paris are battling for 2024 and whoever loses, likely LA, will get 2028.
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:57 am

It's official - Canada/US/Mexico put in a joint bid for the World Cup. Makes sense especially with the expansion to 48 teams, Canada would never be able to stage a stand alone Cup with 48 teams.

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/st ... ar-sources
All-Star

by Aerial » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:35 pm

If it works out will see some nice improvements to existing stadiums in Canada that host the WC games.

But anyone thinking this will lead to a billion dollar plus NFL stadium in Toronto needs to go for psychiatric counselling IMHO. :D Remember, the Univ of Toronto intellectuals think of gridiron as barbaric in all ways and would love to see the Argos go caput and anything to do with gridiron caput, NFL or otherwise. The sport is just too barbaric ITHO I would say. 8) And these U of T sorts will make sure that there is a new baseball stadium in Toronto before any stadium that is for the NFL, that's a given and even Pat would agree with that, eh Travel? :D
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

Previous