GDT: Toronto @ Winnipeg

Re: GDT: Toronto @ Winnipeg

by Lyle B. Style » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:14 pm

1/2 time observtions

1. Spock Carmichael is NOT pro football player but he sure knows how to csh Wd Millers's cheques!

2. Ambrosie blew his own hed off w/ feeble suspension lst week; now he should order firing the Trump-like ref who's gross incompetence cost the girl 1 million big ones!
All-Star

by brianjoxx » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Lyle B. Style wrote:Micro Mutt Nichols coming down with DWD (Drew Willy Dizeez); not hitting open men, gettin' blocked, poor timing, etc. SLUMPING!!!

But Lyle be nice!!!!!!!!! Nichols is a third string QB. So last year he starred in a couple
games like Burris and Glen. All Backups. Think Nichols is playing great.
Much better then expected so far????????? Right on!!!!!!!
Starter

by Lyle B. Style » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:15 pm

Obvious comment - Wpg is not consistent. Epic!
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:54 pm

Embrosie should hire Moe Norman & The Trump brothers to officiate!
All-Star

by cartman20 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Lyle B. Style wrote:Obvious comment - Wpg is not consistent. Epic!

Nobody is having a good night, Bombers, Argos and officials all less than sharp.
Starter

by Lyle B. Style » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:27 pm

cartman20 wrote:
Lyle B. Style wrote:Obvious comment - Wpg is not consistent. Epic!

Nobody is having a good night, Bombers, Argos and officials all less than sharp.

Pretty much still exhibition country!

Y. Eh Tittle, Jr. even more inconsistent than Nichols!
Refs worse thn either :cowboy:
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:30 pm

Locl DJ's scrambling like the dickens to find Karen Kuldys; phone #
All-Star

by cartman20 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:39 pm

Aerial wrote:Not sure but I don't that is challengeable. Have to get up early tomorrow, taping the 2nd half but an entertaining first half despite the mistakes and some questionable calls.

The call WAS challengeable. So, why didn't Trestman challenge?

Maybe field level it looked different. On screen it looked iffy but the TV angle isn't always accurate.
Starter

by brihind88 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:17 pm

Not sure how many seen this on TSN Sports Desk.

After the game, Daren and Jenn interviewed Karen.

I tell you, that women took it much better than I would have.

As for the game, I thought the Argoooos D , had a bad game.

I expected more from them.
All-Star

by do or die » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:14 am

Tough grinding kinda game. Bombers took over physically in the 4th, on the LOS.

This D is coming around - the rooks in the back 7, even Carmichael .....are getting there. No question this D-line, particularly the DT's are better - this fella Johnson is a real load....really gets that push, right up the gut. Nevis is as was advertised - physical wide-body, who is tough to move out of there.

O needs some work. Lapo drives me nuts sometimes, with this "horizontal" offense. The slow starts are maddening - although they did give up 0 turnovers, 0 sacks to the vaunted Argo D-line and in the end, had 27 first downs. Need another play maker at R, and far, far, far less conservatism on these 2nd down plays. The OL is starting to look like what was expected to start the year....

As far as officiating, overall....was not sure what they were doing out there......and not sure they knew either.
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so."

Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)
Rookie

by Paolo X » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:07 am

Aerial wrote:Brutal, brutal, brutal call on that return, that official should be ashamed of that call. Anyways, yup, dropsies for the Argos, those hurt.

This is a case in more than only my opinion, and even the legalistic Jock Climie did not mention it in making the overriding point though he sure knows it well, of right call under the rule but a rule all the same that needs revision.

It looked to me like a clear attempt at a block below the waist on a special teams play and not an accidental trip by the Winnipeg player at all, and that's certainly at full speed how it looked to the official.

Oh sure one can state as did Climie that because it happened well away from the play, it did not affect the play and so the penalty should not have been called.

But that's not how the rules are written!

Rewrite the rule for penalties that are at least a certain distance away, say 10 yards, from the play on special teams play when the ball is inside the opponent's 30 yard line.
All-Star

by Paolo X » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:11 am

Both these teams need some new receivers.

Bring in new blood from somewhere, even groom in practice RGIII as noted in the Kaepernick thread, to push Nichols if not replace him. LeFevour is not the future at QB in Winnipeg either.
All-Star

by Aerial » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:20 am

Argos could have easily won this one if some of those receivers didn't put vaseline on their hands before the game, and Whitaker how could he drop that one in the end zone, and the ref actually had eyes to see that he shouldn't have thrown a flag on that kickoff return. But all in all, have to give credit to the Bombers, I thought Harris getting player of the game was dead on, while not breaking 100 yards on the ground, he was "in the zone" and was a beast and I think he took the Argo defence off their game somewhat. They had to focus on him.

Nichols bounced back nicely and looked decent, well he had some pretty good o line help for sure. Field goal kickers had a great game.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:39 am

If Commish 'Brosie hd breins he'd 1. Re-awrd TO the TD on botched flg, giving TO 6 pts which does not effect outcome, 2. Fire the no-mind ref who dropped flag.

Doesn't effect outcome - Kuldys gets her million!!!

If 'Brosie doesn't do nuthin' he's one horkin' piece of ****
All-Star

by ro1313 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:51 am

cartman20 wrote:
Aerial wrote:Not sure but I don't that is challengeable. Have to get up early tomorrow, taping the 2nd half but an entertaining first half despite the mistakes and some questionable calls.

The call WAS challengeable. So, why didn't Trestman challenge?

Maybe field level it looked different.

Now should we not give the same benefit of the doubt to the ref?

I am not one to side with the refs, but I can see how the ref made this call

The wpg player was falling
The Toronto player put his hand up at the exact same time prob to protect himself
From the field it may have looked like a push to the back
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext