1 game suspension for TiCats Will Hill

Re: 1 game suspension for Will Hill

by Lyle B. Style » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:27 pm

Grover wrote:
Aerial wrote:Seems reasonable. You just can't be grabbing an official like that, no way.

He got off easy easy peazy, I can't see the referee's being real happy with this.
The new commissioner should suspend himself for this slap on the wrist ruling! :roll:

Randy comes out of the chute meek & timid - guess he didn't want w r with the officials &/or CFLPa - on his 1st day on the stick!!!
All-Star

Re: 1 game suspension for TiCats Will Hill

by Mightygoose » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Though I don't like the term here, I wouldn't point the pitchfork Ambroise's way. At least not at this time.

Any changes would need to go through the PA so even if he went heavy, the appeal would have negated it.

The system is broken. Hopefully the league and the PA work quickly for improvement. Otherwise, next time it may not be just a scruf of the colar.
All-Star

by nythril » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:27 pm

1 game seems very weak.

Again the CFL references that they think Hill immediately recognized it by how fast he let go. By that measure if a player knows he has committed pass interference and says "my bad" within 5 seconds .... should the penalty by cut in half to recognize intent? Kidding aside ...... way to light for grabbing a ref. Match this with Austins penalty last year and there is no point in even calling the penalty. Only the CFL would be this tolerant. In the NHL,NFL,NBA,MLB .... grabbing the ref by the shirt collars would start at 10 games then go up as required.
All-Star

by prairiewolf77 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:07 pm

I would have thought he would get 2-3 games, and that would be based on him letting go.
But the fact that he just finished punching a player, then grabbing a ref, 2-3 games should have happened.

At least it wasn't just a fine. Here's hoping that there is no appeal that drags this issue on for a month or two.

Definitely, need to have this sorted out in the next negotiations.
Starter

by mythirdname » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:21 pm

One game suspension!!! What a joke!!!

We would be seeing real justice in action had the length of the suspension be left up to the field officials mother.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLDTIMERS wish: Let's make the TIGER CATS great again

Looking down the stairs at a football game, a fan spots an open seat on the 50-yard line. He asks the man sitting next to it if the seat is taken. "No," he replies. "I used to take my wife to all the games, but ever since she passed away, I've gone alone.
"Why don’t you invite a friend?"
"I can’t. They’re all at the funeral."
Rookie

by Aerial » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:07 pm

Yup, then it would have been the rest of the season suspension, his Mother afterall so what would you expect, which would have been the biggest joke of all. :wink:

Get some balls people, this is football. Ok, one game a tad on the weak side, I agree, 2 games probably the best, but no more than 2 games unless you want to see football played as flag football.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:17 pm

Will Hill mucking the ref couldn't have occurred @ worse time for Randy Newbie - - - -

His mind was frozen to a 1 game suspension cuz he didn't want to upset anyone - so he upheld a weak decision, Orridge mighta even argued for 2 games; perhaps that's 1 reason he was driven to the edge of town.

Another issue where Randy turns into a cowardly sloth = CONCUSSIONS/HEAD INJURIES.

Turns into a stuttering, muttering piece of humanity when confronted by the issue. Reason he can't say nothin' - CFL doesn't have the $$$ to back up support for wounded warriors! :cowboy:
All-Star

by yougottabekidding » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Aerial wrote:Yup, then it would have been the rest of the season suspension, his Mother afterall so what would you expect, which would have been the biggest joke of all. :wink:

Get some balls people, this is football. Ok, one game a tad on the weak side, I agree, 2 games probably the best, but no more than 2 games unless you want to see football played as flag football.

What does the length of the suspension for physically threatening an official have to do with "football played as flag football"?
Veteran

by Grover » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:51 pm

If you are upset about the Will Hill decision, you haven’t been paying attention

http://3downnation.com/2017/07/11/mad-s ... attention/
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by Grover » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:58 am

Farhan Lalji‏Verified account @FarhanLaljiTSN 5m5 minutes ago

The @cflpa will not be appealing the Will Hill suspension.
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

Previous