Was Ambrosie at Mosaic for Riders Game #1?

Was Ambrosie at Mosaic for Riders Game #1?

by Lyle B. Style » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:49 pm

Didn't see hide nor hair of Ambrosie at the rather lengthy introductions to Mosaic Superstad Saturday nite.

Would have been a natural opening to expose his visage to over a million Canadian football fans tuning in.

Is he still pre-occupied with cleaning up his last job - or perhaps he doesn't officially start until July 15th.

Any answers?

And why was TSN Super Smurf Brian Williams babbling about the Queens Plate vs. having a short introductory segment with the new commissioner?
All-Star

Re: Was Ambrosie at Mosaic for Riders Game #1?

by Abendschan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:09 pm

Lyle B. Style wrote:Didn't see hide nor hair of Ambrosie at the rather lengthy introductions to Mosaic Superstad Saturday nite.

Would have been a natural opening to expose his visage to over a million Canadian football fans tuning in.

Is he still pre-occupied with cleaning up his last job - or perhaps he doesn't officially start until July 15th.

Any answers?

And why was TSN Super Smurf Brian Williams babbling about the Queens Plate vs. having a short introductory segment with the new commissioner?

The Queen 's Plate was founded in 1860, highly deserves to be mentioned I feel anyway.
Saskatchewan Roughriders - Rider Nation
Los Angeles Rams - Ram Nation in LA
Starter

by brihind88 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:06 pm

Lyle B. Style wrote:Didn't see hide nor hair of Ambrosie at the rather lengthy introductions to Mosaic Superstad Saturday nite.

Any answers?

Wait, you seen all that . ?

All I saw was the Ridgeway kick.

My TSN did not go to the game until the 94 th min of the TFC game was complete. :?
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:37 am

Any answers?

I don't think it matters if the Commish is at Mosaic, the Commish's job is to run the business and HQ of the CFL. He should be in Toronto drumming up business and sponsors, not flying across the country going to football games.
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:24 am

slimjim2 wrote:

Any answers?

I don't think it matters if the Commish is at Mosaic, the Commish's job is to run the business and HQ of the CFL. He should be in Toronto drumming up business and sponsors, not flying across the country going to football games.

True dat. But you want to profile the guy up - existing and potentially new sponsors like getting a rub from a guy who's prominent on TV - call it the Trump factor fwiw - but its more valuable than you think. Most business leaders love to commune with famous people. Right now Ambrosie is just a former football player who managed to sell a ton of mutual funds to unsuspecting victims.
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:27 am

brihind88 wrote:

Any answers?

My TSN did not go to the game until the 94 th min of the TFC game was complete. :?

Saw everything including Milt & buddies pre-game show. Got it all on TSN 3.

Everything from the awful announcing supplied by local radio house-boy to the poor rendition of the national anthem, the non-stop ads & radio promos, introduction of repulsives like the local mayor, Ralph Goodale, C of C guy. Surprised they didn't introduce the beer vendors!
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:13 am

Lyle B. Style wrote:
brihind88 wrote:

Any answers?

Everything from the awful announcing supplied by local radio house-boy to the poor rendition of the national anthem, the non-stop ads & radio promos, introduction of repulsives like the local mayor, Ralph Goodale, C of C guy. Surprised they didn't introduce the beer vendors!

I thought the anthem was fabulous. I don't know how it sounded on TV but it was great at the game...what a fabulous idea on Canada Day...get someone who has been officially a citizen for a few hours to sing it. He is not a professional singer and sounded good...and the pride of doing it resonated off of him.

Yeah...how dare long standing representatives of the city get some facetime breaking in the stadium.

SMH...of course they are going to be a part of it.
All-Star

by brianjoxx » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:42 am

Any answers?

Queens plate for sure!!!!!!!!!!!! :thup: :cowboy:
Starter

by brianjoxx » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:46 am

Lyle B. Style wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:

Any answers?

WELL Said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should have been there even if not on payroll yet.
Missed Op.

True dat. But you want to profile the guy up - existing and potentially new sponsors like getting a rub from a guy who's prominent on TV - call it the Trump factor fwiw - but its more valuable than you think. Most business leaders love to commune with famous people. Right now Ambrosie is just a former football player who managed to sell a ton of mutual funds to unsuspecting victims.
Starter

by sportsfan100 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:20 am

Lyle B. Style wrote:
brihind88 wrote:
Lyle B. Style wrote:All I saw was the Ridgeway kick.

Maybe instead of finding fault with everything and always being negative, look at some positives.
1. The anthem singer was a new Canadian who has only been in Canada for 2 years, yet he had the guts to appear before 33,500 people live and many more in tv land watching to rejoice in being a new Canadian citizen and sing his new counties anthem.
2. TSN broadcast the opening ceremonies of the new stadium it was directed for those in attendance and to recognise and salute the people involved in the build ie the mayor and some council.
3. Ralph Goodale was on hand as 13 new Canadians took their oath of citizenship on CdaDay150 at new Mosaic Stadium, hosted by the Sk Roughriders. They also lustily lead the singing of Happy Birthday to Canada.
4. The ceremonial kickoff in the new stadium was handled by Dave Ridgeway, who better to do it than Robo kicker.
5. Sorry you didn't like the announcing for the opening ceremonies, but you know what it wasn't planned to please you and by the way who do you think should have done, oh wait maybe you expected the call to do it.
Rookie

by Preisst » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Lyle B. Style wrote:Saw everything including Milt & buddies pre-game show. Got it all on TSN 3.

Hey if you EVER have ANYTHING good to say about ANYTHING please send me a PM cuz I'm sure I'll miss it within your novel posts that do nothing but complain about EVERYTHING.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by mightypope » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:26 pm

Lyle B. Style is the best and funniest poster on this forum by a longshot. Not surprised that a whiny Rider fan (Priesst) doesn't enjoy his posts.
All-Star

by Dust » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:42 pm

mightypope wrote:Lyle B. Style is the best and funniest poster on this forum by a longshot. Not surprised that a whiny Rider fan (Priesst) doesn't enjoy his posts.

If you enjoy terrible unfunny nicknames and an extremely pessimistic viewpoint on everything, than sure Lyle is fantastic.

I blocked him last season and it's been a breath of fresh air. Sure I still see some things because people quote him, but by and large it's been fantastic :D
All-Star

by brianjoxx » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:16 pm

Dust wrote:
mightypope wrote:Lyle B. Style is the best and funniest poster on this forum by a longshot. Not surprised that a whiny Rider fan (Priesst) doesn't enjoy his posts.

If you enjoy terrible unfunny nicknames and an extremely pessimistic viewpoint on everything, than sure Lyle is fantastic.

I blocked him last season and it's been a breath of fresh air. Sure I still see some things because people quote him, but by and large it's been fantastic :D

EXACTLY nice to see different views from across Canada. Even fun points.
I try occasionally to point out a different view to get reaction. Cheers to all
Maybe my last year here. Maybe not.
Starter

by BCCFLFAN » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:55 pm

Everything from the awful announcing supplied by local radio house-boy to the poor rendition of the national anthem, the non-stop ads & radio promos, introduction of repulsives like the local mayor, Ralph Goodale, C of C guy. Surprised they didn't introduce the beer vendors![/quote][/quote]
Maybe instead of finding fault with everything and always being negative, look at some positives.
1. The anthem singer was a new Canadian who has only been in Canada for 2 years, yet he had the guts to appear before 33,500 people live and many more in tv land watching to rejoice in being a new Canadian citizen and sing his new counties anthem.
2. TSN broadcast the opening ceremonies of the new stadium it was directed for those in attendance and to recognise and salute the people involved in the build ie the mayor and some council.
3. Ralph Goodale was on hand as 13 new Canadians took their oath of citizenship on CdaDay150 at new Mosaic Stadium, hosted by the Sk Roughriders. They also lustily lead the singing of Happy Birthday to Canada.
4. The ceremonial kickoff in the new stadium was handled by Dave Ridgeway, who better to do it than Robo kicker.
5. Sorry you didn't like the announcing for the opening ceremonies, but you know what it wasn't planned to please you and by the way who do you think should have done, oh wait maybe you expected the call to do it.[/quote]

Here Here on all 5 points! :thup:
Starter

Next