Lions @ Argo's

Re: Lions @ Argo's

by drummer_god » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:01 pm

Both Friday night games were very boring. No rhythm at all to either. Lots of dropped passes. Posey has dropped passes in the endzone two games in a row. Was hard to keep my eyes open.
Hall of Famer

by Aerial » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:08 pm

Sure you weren't watching 162 game baseball games my friend? Hey, not every CFL game might be pleasing from an aesthetic point of view but every game is so much more important because of an 18 game sched compared with 162 or whatever they play these days in baseball. Baseball can get really boring to watch knowing a single game doesn't have the meaning it has in an 18 game sched.

My point of view anyways. But then I love football. Hey, I'd say the same if 0 people were in the stands for every CFL game and Skydump, er RC, was packed with 50,000 for every game for the Blue Jays. Baseball is just more or less boring for me as a rule compared with football.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by dcmoses » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:27 pm

OttSens wrote:Towards the end of the game Toronto returned a punt from just about the goal line when they were down by 13. The colour commentator said something about how he thought Toronto should have let the ball roll into the endzone to concede the single. Am I the only one that completely disagrees? Moving the ball up another 20 yards or so doesn't do much to change the odds of getting two quick touchdowns. Keeping the lead at 13 at least makes it so if you did manage to score those two touchdowns you would only need to kick conversions to win.

And by giving up the single you gain field position to start the first drive saving time for a second drive. Two converted TDs put it into OT.

Giving up the single was the smart play and a typical rookie mistake by an American not accustomed to the Canadian game.
All-Star

Previous