GDT: Redblacks @ Stampeders

Re: GDT: Redblacks @ Stampeders

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Vermonter wrote:Kinda rough, but hey. How many East Division teams will be able to peel a point off of Calgary this year?

Ottawa has been impressive!
All-Star

by ArgoT » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Awesome game, the game of the year.
82 points with a ton of big plays, CFL is the best.
If only the stupid fans here in Toronto could see this baby.....so sad.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:07 pm

ArgoT wrote:Awesome game, the game of the year.
82 points with a ton of big plays, CFL is the best.
If only the stupid fans here in Toronto could see this baby.....so sad.

The good news... On a sports night where Jays finished early/poorly, I am sure many bars switched to this amazing game.
Last edited by KevinRiley2 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by brihind88 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:52 pm

I was at the game.

Interesting, how a game can be perceived different.

I get most fans like lots of scoring, as do I.

On tv it would look great, but live, IMO the defenses SUCKED on both sides.

D coaches are not going to be happy.

Regardless, I really enjoyed it .

Even if Ott had won, I still would have enjoyed it on a perfect night in a nice stadium.
All-Star

by Aerial » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:42 am

Watched the first half and taped the 2nd and just finished watching this morning. High scoring explosive lots of scoring highlights for sure. But yup, defensively both teams need to sharpen up and avoid stupid penalties like the Sinopoli blocking from behind in the 1st quarter taking away a td. Those things can come back to haunt you just like what happened.

Anyway, great win for the Stamps regardless of the poor defensive play. Mind you Ottawa can light it up with that offense of theirs.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:25 am

Aerial wrote:Watched the first half and taped the 2nd and just finished watching this morning. High scoring explosive lots of scoring highlights for sure. But yup, defensively both teams need to sharpen up and avoid stupid penalties like the Sinopoli blocking from behind in the 1st quarter taking away a td. Those things can come back to haunt you just like what happened.

Anyway, great win for the Stamps regardless of the poor defensive play. Mind you Ottawa can light it up with that offense of theirs.

Bonehead play by Sinopoli, he had no reason to block from behind. It was a sure loss of 4 points on that play and ironic that in the end Ottawa loses by 4 points
All-Star

by brihind88 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:39 am

Aerial wrote:Watched the first half and taped the 2nd and just finished watching this morning. High scoring explosive lots of scoring highlights for sure. But yup, defensively both teams need to sharpen up and avoid stupid penalties like the Sinopoli blocking from behind in the 1st quarter taking away a td. Those things can come back to haunt you just like what happened.

Why do players keep blocking form behind. ? It is a penalty every time.

Right Hamilton ?

Brad knows better, that is why this shocks me.
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:58 am

slimjim2 wrote:

Bonehead play by Sinopoli, he had no reason to block from behind. It was a sure loss of 4 points on that play and ironic that in the end Ottawa loses by 4 points

Sinopoli is perceived as a smart player so he must have thought the Stamp tackler was a threat to his boy. On the replay - it sure appeared the runner had escaped coverage and was well on his way to the end zone. I guess that's why the ref didn't rule this was a spectator penalty and tacked it onto the return - besides, it was very close. Sinopoli didn't exactly tag the guy's backside - it was very close to hitting his shoulder/side. Not like a guy hitting a guy 30 yds behind the play and negating a great return!
All-Star

by bobo82 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:23 am

brihind88 wrote:

Right Hamilton ?

It's simple really , number #1 rule and it's an easy one , if you can read the guys name on his jersey , you don't hit him or touch him , point blank and full stop , period .

Right Taylor ? Right Brad ?

It's not brain surgery , it's basically a case of brain cramp and it boggles my mind how often we see it occur on a regular basis in any given game , on any given play . It's amazing how often through sheer stupidity that a player who can read another players name on his jersey will hit him anyways . The really sad thing about this stupidity though is that 9 out of 10 times this happens it usually ultimately costs the team the "W" and the valuable 2 points in the standings that accompany it , or in the case of Taylor Reed a few years back , it possibly cost him and his Hamilton team mates the closest shot they have had at a Grey Cup championship in years .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by Cool » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:15 am

KevinRiley2 wrote:
rpaege wrote:And a huge shout out to this guy and his first CFL TD!

GO RAVENS :rockin:

Canadian kid from Nigeria. I like it! :thup:

Yes, they said he would be returning punts/kickoffs. The next Markus Howell?? :thup:
Pull Together everyone
All-Star

by brihind88 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:15 pm

bobo82 wrote:
brihind88 wrote:

Right Hamilton ?

It's simple really , number #1 rule and it's an easy one , if you can read the guys name on his jersey , you don't hit him or touch him , point blank and full stop , period .

Right Taylor ? Right Brad ?

It's not brain surgery , it's basically a case of brain cramp and it boggles my mind how often we see it occur on a regular basis in any given game , on any given play . It's amazing how often through sheer stupidity that a player who can read another players name on his jersey will hit him anyways . The really sad thing about this stupidity though is that 9 out of 10 times this happens it usually ultimately costs the team the "W" and the valuable 2 points in the standings that accompany it , or in the case of Taylor Reed a few years back , it possibly cost him and his Hamilton team mates the closest shot they have had at a Grey Cup championship in years .

Sums it up perfect.

There is a cop sitting behind me.

I will run this red light.

OH, I just got a ticket , like I knew I would.

I decided to do it anyway.

STUPID
All-Star

by Preisst » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:02 pm

Very entertaining game. Pretty much a perfect night for football weather wise. Some great returns by both teams. Even though there has been exhibition games played it sure felt good to watch some live football again.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

Previous