Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by LeBird » Wed May 17, 2017 10:16 am

depopulationINC wrote:For me I have found the Bomber radio broadcast to be the worst. Talk about "calmed enthusiasm" you can't tell if they have thrown a pick 6 or a 90 yard TD based on enthusiasm. Knowledgeable...perhaps...not sure because of snoozing due to monotone commentating.


We like to get an accurate account of the game here in Winnipeg. Nothing worse than hearing the announcer falling off his chair because his team just had a six yard run. Irvin will praise or be critical of any player, friend of foe. His Calm enthusiasm has earned him top awards from his piers. I like to know what is happening without waiting five minutes for the announcer to cool down... During the game we leave the cheer leading to those with pom-poms.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:21 am

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by brihind88 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:30 pm

LeBird wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:For me I have found the Bomber radio broadcast to be the worst. Talk about "calmed enthusiasm" you can't tell if they have thrown a pick 6 or a 90 yard TD based on enthusiasm. Knowledgeable...perhaps...not sure because of snoozing due to monotone commentating.


We like to get an accurate account of the game here in Winnipeg. Nothing worse than hearing the announcer falling off his chair because his team just had a six yard run. Irvin will praise or be critical of any player, friend of foe. His Calm enthusiasm has earned him top awards from his piers. I like to know what is happening without waiting five minutes for the announcer to cool down... During the game we leave the cheer leading to those with pom-poms.


I always liked Bob Irving.

We all know he is cheering for the Bombers, but would never know it.

He calls it unbiased fair and square down the middle.

He did a great job on the CFN network ( 87 - 90 ) while the Bombers switched radio rights.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by Preisst » Wed May 17, 2017 1:37 pm

bobo82 wrote:
Preisst wrote:
This site could use a lot more of these type of posts and less of the childish hate driven posts with asinine jpegs of banjo pickers with outright stupid commentary.


And what have you got against banjo pickers ? Check out this awesome video , unbelievable cover version of AC/DC 's Thunderstruck played with banjo ,spoons ,accordion,mandolin , stand up Bass and anvil . They should seriously consider getting these guys to play half-time at this years annual "Banjo Bowl " .........and just for the record the answer is no , these guys are not from Saskatchewan but are actually from Finland.

Just click and enjoy , believe me you won't be disappointed . These guys are awesome !!! :rockin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Ao-iNPPUc


Not surprised the point went over your head boob82, I have no problem with banjo players. I am a musician and I play in a band, I appreciate all instruments. Keep on keeping on.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by bobo82 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:50 pm

And it looks like the rumour about Carteri's demise is now official . Luc Mullinder as a lot of people thought and suspected will be his replacement . You got to give Carteri credit though as he had a nice run of 28 seasons as the Riders colour commentator on their radio broadcasts .

here's the link as reported by D. Edwards at 3D Nation : http://3downnation.com/2017/05/22/28-ye ... mmentator/
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99

Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by Preisst » Mon May 22, 2017 3:10 pm

bobo82 wrote:And it looks like the rumour about Carteri's demise is now official . Luc Mullinder as a lot of people thought and suspected will be his replacement . You got to give Carteri credit though as he had a nice run of 28 seasons as the Riders colour commentator on their radio broadcasts .

here's the link as reported by D. Edwards at 3D Nation : http://3downnation.com/2017/05/22/28-ye ... mmentator/


Thanks for posting this but it is old news. For the record Jones had NOTHING to do with the decision to move on from Carteri. Sorry about that as I know it goes against your agenda.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by bobo82 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:24 pm

Preisst wrote:
bobo82 wrote:And it looks like the rumour about Carteri's demise is now official . Luc Mullinder as a lot of people thought and suspected will be his replacement . You got to give Carteri credit though as he had a nice run of 28 seasons as the Riders colour commentator on their radio broadcasts .

here's the link as reported by D. Edwards at 3D Nation : http://3downnation.com/2017/05/22/28-ye ... mmentator/


Thanks for posting this but it is old news. For the record Jones had NOTHING to do with the decision to move on from Carteri. Sorry about that as I know it goes against your agenda.


And what agenda would that be ? For the record I agree with ya and never thought that Jones had anything to do with the firing of Carteri in the first place myself . Jones has got a lot more important things to worry and care about with training camp soon opening up to care or give a hoot about who does radio broadcasts for the team . Jones maybe guilty on a lot of things that have transpired since he joined the Riders BUT on this occasion I highly doubt he had anything to do with it .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99

Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by Preisst » Mon May 22, 2017 3:40 pm

bobo82 wrote:And what agenda would that be ? For the record I agree with ya and never thought that Jones had anything to do with the firing of Carteri in the first place myself . Jones has got a lot more important things to worry and care about with training camp soon opening up to care or give a hoot about who does radio broadcasts for the team . Jones maybe guilty on a lot of things that have transpired since he joined the Riders BUT on this occasion I highly doubt he had anything to do with it .


bold = cute.

rest of post = thank you for finally being objective. For the record I'm on the fence about Jones.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by mightypope » Mon May 22, 2017 7:09 pm

Nice backtrack Preisst. :roll:
Image
All-Star
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:38 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by brihind88 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:39 pm

The link BOBO posted indicates Rider fans really like Cam and will miss him.

I have only heard samples of Rider radio broadcasts, so I have no opinion.

Always unfortunate when a popular broadcaster is out.

Now if Calgary QR77 would just get rid of colour man Greg Peterson.

Sorry, I know this is about the Rider crew, but I just HAD to get that in.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by Neely2005 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:22 pm

Carm Carteri: ‘Chris Jones seems to be controlling everything’:

http://3downnation.com/2017/05/22/carte ... verything/
"ALL-TIME RECORDS

Grey Cup Wins:

16- Toronto Argonauts
14- Edmonton Eskimos
10- Winnipeg Blue Bombers
8- Hamilton Tiger-Cats
7- Ottawa Rough Riders
7- Montreal Alouettes
7- Calgary Stampeders
6- B.C. Lions
4- Saskatchewan Roughriders"

http://www.cfl.ca/2010/12/02/by-the-num ... cup-glory/
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:26 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by Lyle B. Style » Mon May 22, 2017 10:28 pm

Corkazuna Rules! :cowboy:
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by depopulationINC » Tue May 23, 2017 2:33 am

depopulationINC wrote:
Migs wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:He didn't actually do that...he stated that he didn't want him around the team. CKRM can employ him in their studio or in some other capacity. The have the right to ask this of a local station that is essentially a club booster and a member of that that party is creating a level of adversity. There are a pile of people that have been less than enthused by him for a while...there are other factors that don't need to come out...adversity is adversity and a VPOFO has every right and the responsibility to mitigate those whenever possible.


False


I must have been mistaken when I literally heard directly and it was stated not around the team nor doing the broadcasting.


Migs wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:I must have been mistaken when I literally heard directly and it was stated not around the team nor doing the broadcasting.


You were mistaken. Direct quote from Text from Carm.

"Fake News. Jones & I are good, went to Golfs with some on staff during CFLweek"


“They said they wanted a change going into the new stadium, that’s the only explanation I got. After all these years, it’s pretty dissapointing,” Carteri said. “I don’t know if it’s the Riders or the radio station but Chris Jones seems to be controlling everything.


Weird. Whodathunkit?
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9440
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by bobo82 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:40 am

Neely2005 wrote:Carm Carteri: ‘Chris Jones seems to be controlling everything’:

http://3downnation.com/2017/05/22/carte ... verything/



Well after reading this article I guess you have to surmise one of four outcomes about what was written :

a] Maybe Jones was indeed involved in someway in the dismissal of Carteri ?

b] Maybe Carteri is just suffering a severe case of sour grapes and honestly who can blame him ?

c] Maybe this is yet another case of the new phenomenon sweeping the nation known as " Fake News "

d] Maybe it's a combination of both a] and b]

It will be interesting indeed to see what Carteri's long time broadcast partner "Pom Pom" Pederson will have to say about this turn of events . Will he come out in defence of his long time partner or will he just as usual be the good company man(ie: boot licker) and hold the company party line and say nothing at all as so not to sound in any way negative or ruffle anymore feathers ?
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99

Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by Lyle B. Style » Tue May 23, 2017 8:31 am

bobo82 wrote:
Neely2005 wrote:Carm Carteri: ‘Chris Jones seems to be controlling everything’:

http://3downnation.com/2017/05/22/carte ... verything/



Well after reading this article I guess you have to surmise one of four outcomes about what was written :

a] Maybe Jones was indeed involved in someway in the dismissal of Carteri ?

b] Maybe Carteri is just suffering a severe case of sour grapes and honestly who can blame him ?

c] Maybe this is yet another case of the new phenomenon sweeping the nation known as " Fake News "

d] Maybe it's a combination of both a] and b]

It will be interesting indeed to see what Carteri's long time broadcast partner "Pom Pom" Pederson will have to say about this turn of events . Will he come out in defence of his long time partner or will he just as usual be the good company man(ie: boot licker) and hold the company party line and say nothing at all as so not to sound in any way negative or ruffle anymore feathers ?


Pom Pom Pee will ask for and be granted permission to do both. He'll have a short dedication to his long-time broadcast partner - only because the riders will grant him permission. Obviously, with Carteri being expunged Pederson is now on notice that his job may also be in harm's way, depending on how the dog wags the tail.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by HfxTC » Tue May 23, 2017 8:48 am

bobo82 wrote:
Neely2005 wrote:Carm Carteri: ‘Chris Jones seems to be controlling everything’:

http://3downnation.com/2017/05/22/carte ... verything/



Well after reading this article I guess you have to surmise one of four outcomes about what was written :

a] Maybe Jones was indeed involved in someway in the dismissal of Carteri ?

b] Maybe Carteri is just suffering a severe case of sour grapes and honestly who can blame him ?

c] Maybe this is yet another case of the new phenomenon sweeping the nation known as " Fake News "

d] Maybe it's a combination of both a] and b]

It will be interesting indeed to see what Carteri's long time broadcast partner "Pom Pom" Pederson will have to say about this turn of events . Will he come out in defence of his long time partner or will he just as usual be the good company man(ie: boot licker) and hold the company party line and say nothing at all as so not to sound in any way negative or ruffle anymore feathers ?



29 Years.... Move over and retire with dignity. The Boomers in this country have to start understanding there are millions of young people in this country that need and deserve a small sampling of what their elders received. The selfishness drives me nuts.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34783
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests