Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by Lyle B. Style » Tue May 09, 2017 10:04 pm

There's a severe rumour thread on the rider fan website (mostly lemmings and deep sixers) stating that Chris Jones has extended his tentacles into the riders broadcast crew and requested long-time color man Carm Carteri (a former rider hobo) be FIRED.
No substantiation yet - but that would leave the riders with one of the most homerific play by play guys in the history of history (Rod "I Do what you tell me to do" Pederson)

Should all play out prior to training camp. I imagine Carteri may not go gently into that good night either!!!
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Wed May 10, 2017 2:23 am

Kim Jong-Corky Jones won't stop until he has destroyed the Riders.

The man is a mixture of hubris and Tennessee bacon fat. Looks like another rotten season for the Riders...
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:52 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by depopulationINC » Wed May 10, 2017 5:35 am

Cam has had "mixed" popularity with most fans for years and has been a thorn behind the scenes for not only the present regime. When what is supposed to be essentially a local booster is causing waves in such a manner it is surprising he has not been displaced already...especially when Luc Mullinder has been slowly growing in the roll for a couple seasons. Luc was a total homer when he first started it but has begun to learn that as a local team voice he still has to be a little objective...even if cautiously so. 3 years ago I would have said Luc had no chance at it...now I think he could be interesting in the job.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9197
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by Liquor Kitty » Wed May 10, 2017 8:43 am

Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:Kim Jong-Corky Jones won't stop until he has destroyed the Riders.

The man is a mixture of hubris and Tennessee bacon fat. Looks like another rotten season for the Riders...


:lol:
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:47 am

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by brihind88 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:26 pm

True or not , since when do coaches or managers have the stroke ( AUTHORITY for those not up on modern hip lingo ),
to have broadcasters tossed ?
All-Star
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by PrideLivesHere » Wed May 10, 2017 1:37 pm

depopulationINC wrote:Cam has had "mixed" popularity with most fans for years and has been a thorn behind the scenes for not only the present regime. When what is supposed to be essentially a local booster is causing waves in such a manner it is surprising he has not been displaced already...especially when Luc Mullinder has been slowly growing in the roll for a couple seasons. Luc was a total homer when he first started it but has begun to learn that as a local team voice he still has to be a little objective...even if cautiously so. 3 years ago I would have said Luc had no chance at it...now I think he could be interesting in the job.


Sorry, but Carm C. should have retired about 5 years ago. Even when the Riders were playing well - he would nit pick at something and not let it go.

Couple years ago we listened to the 'home radio team' for Hamilton and B.C on satellite radio. Both teams were not playing the Riders, to give you some perspective. OMG - they were horrible. Just horrible. After listening to that, we gave some slack to Carm. At least Carm knew the CFL game.

Give Luc M. a try. Very smart football mind. Big fan of his analysis on the Riderville website.

Time for some new blood on the CKRM broadcasts of Rider games.
1966, 1989, 2007 & 2013 Grey Cup Champions

Ignoring the Haters since May 11, 2006
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:04 pm
Location: Riderville

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by depopulationINC » Wed May 10, 2017 4:23 pm

PrideLivesHere wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:Cam has had "mixed" popularity with most fans for years and has been a thorn behind the scenes for not only the present regime. When what is supposed to be essentially a local booster is causing waves in such a manner it is surprising he has not been displaced already...especially when Luc Mullinder has been slowly growing in the roll for a couple seasons. Luc was a total homer when he first started it but has begun to learn that as a local team voice he still has to be a little objective...even if cautiously so. 3 years ago I would have said Luc had no chance at it...now I think he could be interesting in the job.


Sorry, but Carm C. should have retired about 5 years ago. Even when the Riders were playing well - he would nit pick at something and not let it go.

Couple years ago we listened to the 'home radio team' for Hamilton and B.C on satellite radio. Both teams were not playing the Riders, to give you some perspective. OMG - they were horrible. Just horrible. After listening to that, we gave some slack to Carm. At least Carm knew the CFL game.

Give Luc M. a try. Very smart football mind. Big fan of his analysis on the Riderville website.

Time for some new blood on the CKRM broadcasts of Rider games.


Yup...that's what I was getting at.

There is something else to it as well...not my place to say anything on though.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9197
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by depopulationINC » Wed May 10, 2017 4:29 pm

brihind88 wrote:True or not , since when do coaches or managers have the stroke ( AUTHORITY for those not up on modern hip lingo ),
to have broadcasters tossed ?


He didn't actually do that...he stated that he didn't want him around the team. CKRM can employ him in their studio or in some other capacity. The have the right to ask this of a local station that is essentially a club booster and a member of that that party is creating a level of adversity. There are a pile of people that have been less than enthused by him for a while...there are other factors that don't need to come out...adversity is adversity and a VPOFO has every right and the responsibility to mitigate those whenever possible.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9197
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by The Last Word » Wed May 10, 2017 7:16 pm

Jones heard about Trump firing the director of the FBI and decided he wanted in on that action.
Starter
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by HfxTC » Wed May 10, 2017 9:57 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
brihind88 wrote:True or not , since when do coaches or managers have the stroke ( AUTHORITY for those not up on modern hip lingo ),
to have broadcasters tossed ?


He didn't actually do that...he stated that he didn't want him around the team. CKRM can employ him in their studio or in some other capacity. The have the right to ask this of a local station that is essentially a club booster and a member of that that party is creating a level of adversity. There are a pile of people that have been less than enthused by him for a while...there are other factors that don't need to come out...adversity is adversity and a VPOFO has every right and the responsibility to mitigate those whenever possible.


Now that is CraCra.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34509
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by brihind88 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:39 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
brihind88 wrote:True or not , since when do coaches or managers have the stroke ( AUTHORITY for those not up on modern hip lingo ),
to have broadcasters tossed ?


He didn't actually do that...he stated that he didn't want him around the team. CKRM can employ him in their studio or in some other capacity. The have the right to ask this of a local station that is essentially a club booster and a member of that that party is creating a level of adversity. There are a pile of people that have been less than enthused by him for a while...there are other factors that don't need to come out...adversity is adversity and a VPOFO has every right and the responsibility to mitigate those whenever possible.


Yes, it is just that Lyle stated " requested ".

That would indicate that Jones might think he has the stroke.

Otherwise there would be no point in requesting .

Regardless, Jones needs to understand that the radio crew is the least of his concerns.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by Migs » Wed May 10, 2017 11:26 pm

Lyle B. Style wrote:There's a severe rumour thread on the rider fan website (mostly lemmings and deep sixers) stating that Chris Jones has extended his tentacles into the riders broadcast crew and requested long-time color man Carm Carteri (a former rider hobo) be FIRED.
No substantiation yet - but that would leave the riders with one of the most homerific play by play guys in the history of history (Rod "I Do what you tell me to do" Pederson)

Should all play out prior to training camp. I imagine Carteri may not go gently into that good night either!!!


One can only assume you were dropped on your head as a child

Did you just seriously start a thread about the Riders radio colour commentator? Do you really believe Jones gives 2 rats asses about what Carteri says? Do you really believe the Riders GM has influence with who is employeed in a separate company?

That said, I know Carteri personally, talked to him a few nights ago & he told me he doesn't think his contract is being renewed because CKRM wants Luc Mullinder to replace him. That's it, nobody got fired, they simple ran out his contract to be replaced with someone 10x better than him. Even he said Mullinder is gold.

Carteri gave a big, meh. Said he's happy because now he doesn't have to go to practices every day.

Now as far as your severe case of Riders derangement syndrome, well I got no advice for you other than to avoid sharp objects.
Starter
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:50 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by Migs » Wed May 10, 2017 11:30 pm

depopulationINC wrote:He didn't actually do that...he stated that he didn't want him around the team. CKRM can employ him in their studio or in some other capacity. The have the right to ask this of a local station that is essentially a club booster and a member of that that party is creating a level of adversity. There are a pile of people that have been less than enthused by him for a while...there are other factors that don't need to come out...adversity is adversity and a VPOFO has every right and the responsibility to mitigate those whenever possible.


False
Starter
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:50 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by depopulationINC » Thu May 11, 2017 3:35 am

Migs wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:He didn't actually do that...he stated that he didn't want him around the team. CKRM can employ him in their studio or in some other capacity. The have the right to ask this of a local station that is essentially a club booster and a member of that that party is creating a level of adversity. There are a pile of people that have been less than enthused by him for a while...there are other factors that don't need to come out...adversity is adversity and a VPOFO has every right and the responsibility to mitigate those whenever possible.


False


I must have been mistaken when I literally heard directly and it was stated not around the team nor doing the broadcasting.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9197
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Corky Jones fires Rider broadcast crew???

by depopulationINC » Thu May 11, 2017 6:53 am

HfxTC wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:
brihind88 wrote:True or not , since when do coaches or managers have the stroke ( AUTHORITY for those not up on modern hip lingo ),
to have broadcasters tossed ?


He didn't actually do that...he stated that he didn't want him around the team. CKRM can employ him in their studio or in some other capacity. The have the right to ask this of a local station that is essentially a club booster and a member of that that party is creating a level of adversity. There are a pile of people that have been less than enthused by him for a while...there are other factors that don't need to come out...adversity is adversity and a VPOFO has every right and the responsibility to mitigate those whenever possible.


Now that is CraCra.


Yeah, not shocking that you don't feel management should be removing outside adversity. I mean that would be plain silly to you. SMH.....ridiculous that someone would somehow believe that not addressing it is acceptable. Ironic that you will knock Jones for bringing in players that you feel cause adversity but then you knock him for removing someone who does the same thing. Sorry...not ironic...because it is not surprising from you at all.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9197
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Next

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests