Draft Day

Re: Draft Day

by depopulationINC » Sun May 07, 2017 10:04 pm

BCCFLFAN wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:
Wumper wrote:Gray is big and smart, not so sure NFL skills. My bet is we see him in Winnipeg this year.
That happens, da Blew sell some tickets...
Lyle, nice to see you still got the squeeze, driving Riderfans crazy.

I think it was a smart gamble...even if he does stick down there. I would say there is a good chance he is in the CFL this season or next. IMO the Bomber had a solid first 3 picks in the draft. Spooner could be good as well.

I think BC perhaps did the best for filling immediate needs....followed by the Bombers because they have a DT who can probably get real reps early after losing the ratio spot...pretty big obviously

there are a couple sleeper OL guys who never go drafted that IMO could be starters in the CFL as well

Who are these sleeper OL Guys that could start? Found it interesting that Calgary drafted that Arena League guy. Thinks he will come up and dominate in the CFL or that is what his coach said. no respect. :lol:

I will dig up something I wrote up in probably January and post a bit on it later perhaps...I don't really feel like digging it up at the moment. As far as the Calgary pick...it is a guy who can probably take reps now....which is what they wanted...they have someone for later in the season. In that sense it is a smart move...he has already proven he can play with adults...that is a big deal.
All-Star

by BCCFLFAN » Sun May 07, 2017 10:47 pm

Okay would be interesting to see, maybe teams could give these players a look.
Did not like it when him or his coach said he would come up and dominate in the CFL. He has not played a single game in the CFL and he is in for a rude awakening as to the calibre/professionalism of the league. If he is so good why was he not signed when he was younger?. Arena League is not the CFL. I read a few years back that CFL scouts considered Arena League players like furniture removal guys. Well that's my rant for a Sunday... :)
Starter

by depopulationINC » Sun May 07, 2017 10:57 pm

I do know of 2 that are going to get looks.

He was not signed because they even he did not clue in that he qualified as a national...he was looked at even as an import...that says something...he has some skills.
All-Star

by BCCFLFAN » Sun May 07, 2017 11:05 pm

Yes, i meant if he was signed as an import or given a tryout etc when he was younger. He is older now.
Starter

by depopulationINC » Mon May 08, 2017 12:04 am

he is what...26? If you can get 6 good years out of a draft I would consider that a win
All-Star

by Preisst » Mon May 08, 2017 10:57 pm

Lyle B. Style wrote:You're not a real priest, are you?

I'm the Lord High Preisst.......lol.....

Hard core partier..........heavy metal..........

Depends what you mean by what a 'priest' means to you.......

Rock On!!!! Party On!!!! :rockin:
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by Lyle B. Style » Tue May 09, 2017 7:28 am

Preisst wrote:

Nice to see you got your sense of humour back son!

I'll just call you Judas for short!

As for me, I bring happiness & mirth wherever I go. Those opposed to happiness and mirth can get very grim (they'll need their anti-psychotic meds actually) - the worst on RF being Crappcam & SofaThing. But I didn't have to tell you that, did I? :cowboy:
All-Star

by bobo82 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:33 am

Just thought I would drop in and give a very big shout out to one of the lesser known of the 2017 Draft class and say a hearty CONGRATS to the 51st pick selected in the 6th round by the BC Lions - Dakota Brush :thup: . Dakota and my son were best friends as well as team mates when they both played HMFA football here in Hamilton .

I still remember taking those two to many a Ti-Cat game when they were just youngsters back in the mid 2000's . The Cats were truly awful back then and I still remember one game where we were getting absolutely destroyed by the Riders and I wanted to leave the park but the boys would have none of it . They had brought a ball to the game with them and ended up under the stands both taking turns running pass patterns and playing catch instead . I sat down there with them the rest of the game watching them and the scoreboard and giving them updates . Hey guys we scored a single point we're only losing 34 - 4 now , oh , oh make that 41 - 4 the Riders just got another TD :cry: :lol: Neither of them cared of course and we ended up staying long after the final whistle blew just so they could catch one more pass before finally heading for home .

Anyways Good Luck to ya Dakota and once again Congrats !!! Hopefully we'll see ya when the Lions are in town this season . :rockin: :D

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by Preisst » Tue May 09, 2017 9:47 am

Lyle B. Style wrote:
Preisst wrote:

Nice to see you got your sense of humour back son!

I'll just call you Judas for short!

As for me, I bring happiness & mirth wherever I go. Those opposed to happiness and mirth can get very grim (they'll need their anti-psychotic meds actually) - the worst on RF being Crappcam & SofaThing. But I didn't have to tell you that, did I? :cowboy:

I never lost it.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

Previous