CFL Losing A Voice

Re: CFL Losing A Voice

by HfxTC » Wed May 03, 2017 10:23 pm

Xvys wrote:Lawless should rent not buy, after seeing the poor fan support in Las Vegas for their first pro football team. Not sure what league the GoldenHawks will play in, but Vegas will make Phoenix look like a hockey hotbed.

People don't go to Vegas to sit in a hockey rink and most of the town is working while the games are going on...
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

Re: CFL Losing A Voice

by brihind88 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:36 pm

Lyle B. Style wrote:
brihind88 wrote:Lyle, everyone has their viewpoint.

If Black is unacceptable , TSN would not have kept him around on the CFL broadcasts for 12 years .

Further pipsqueak (as you call him ) Bob Irving is the most long serving respected CFL radio PBP guy in the country.

I say that, and I am not even a Bomber fan.

At 67 or 68 Bob Irving does a very good job with bomber play by play. A guy like Black could learn lots - but unfortunately Black was never really trained in the nuances of football broadcasting - and it shows!
Bob chose to weasel away when Lawless & his TSN radio buddies were lambasting Bobby Hull. As someone whose job (and large income) was made possible by Bobby Hull planting himself in Winnipeg for nearly a decade and putting the WHA on the map - I find that reprehensible. But I can understand an old guy like Bob deciding he's had enough - and not using his old platform at CJOB to counter Lawless's barrage of allegations re: Bobby Hull.

However, it is not Bob Irving's job to stick up for Bobby Hull or get in between others disputes or accusations.
He would have nothing to gain , but perhaps something to lose.
More to the point, not his battle.
Yet, you are in Winnipeg so you are much closer to the situation and history of all that.

As for Black, we will just have to agree to disagree.
All-Star

Previous