Riders wanted Vick over Young

Who would you rather have in the league?

Michael Vick
20%
Vince Young
40%
None of the above, thank you
40%

Total votes : 25

Re: Riders wanted Vick over Young

by brihind88 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:44 pm

Taleback wrote:Welllll..........., you know what's going to happen now. :wink:

For sure, anyone can get hurt at anytime.

I am not boasting, but there are 8 teams in the CFL that has had a QB go down over the last 2-3 years .

Not Stamps BLM.

I suggest, for the 2 reasons I pointed out.

Further, I have mentioned it before and I do not believe in jinxes.

Please understand, I do not want to see any QB from any team go down. Or any player for that matter.

Sad, but is reality. Some QB's are subject to repeat injury . DD, Travis, Zach ....

I would love to see all 9 QB's go all 18 games with no injury plays.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Thu May 04, 2017 12:27 am

BLM plays the game a lot like Calvillo. He stays in his pocket, trusts his coaches and has outstanding protection at all time.

Most QB injuries have happened running (ACL, Hamstring and Achilles) or getting blindsided. (back, shoulder/arm, concussions)
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Dust » Thu May 04, 2017 1:00 am

I'm going to be honest, this sounds like someone reaching for a story.

It sounds like a friend of a friend's cousin's neighbour who knows someone in the organization that had a google search history of Michael Vick and that's what this is based off :lol:

There's too many reasons this doesn't make sense to put too much thought into it.
All-Star

by bobo82 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:08 am

The way things are going the next QB who will hear that Jones tried to sign was this guy............. :roll: :lol:

Favre to the rescue :D
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by EastVanMark » Thu May 04, 2017 3:07 pm

bobo82 wrote:The way things are going the next QB who will hear that Jones tried to sign was this guy............. :roll: :lol:

According to David Letterman, that guys rights belong to the Bombers :lol:
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Fri May 05, 2017 3:16 am

bobo82 wrote:The way things are going the next QB who will hear that Jones tried to sign was this guy............. :roll: :lol:

Laugh all you want...there are lots of NFL fans who think he could still play and is better than 2/3 of the existing NFL QBs playing right now and wouldn't mind seeing him play another season. I think it is a bit crazy, but whatever.
All-Star

by bobo82 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:05 am

depopulationINC wrote:

Laugh all you want...there are lots of NFL fans who think he could still play and is better than 2/3 of the existing NFL QBs playing right now and wouldn't mind seeing him play another season. I think it is a bit crazy, but whatever.

The mere thought that some NFL fans actually think that Favre could still play and is better than 2/3 of existing NFL QBs is indeed an indictment of the rather sorry ,sad state of affairs in the NFL at this time when you see some of the scrubs and hobos that actually are employed as quarterbacks in that league . Favre is going to be 48 in Oct of this year and surprisingly has only been out of football one more year longer (2010) than Vince Young has been (2011) . So yes I agree as you say it is a bit crazy , better yet it is way , way , way beyond crazy to think about someone being out of the game for that long and still thinking he can actually still play , but whatever . :) :wink:

Brett Favre at last years Super Bowl......go get em grandpa !!! :cowboy:

All-Star

by depopulationINC » Fri May 05, 2017 7:24 am

Idunno Bobo...the video of him tossing the ball recently indicates his arm is still there. Body wise....dunno...but his bread and butter seems fine. I wouldn't want to count on him for a full season in every game and the playoffs, but in spot duty I suspect he could still move the ball
All-Star

by bobo82 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:46 am

depopulationINC wrote:Idunno Bobo...the video of him tossing the ball recently indicates his arm is still there. Body wise....dunno...but his bread and butter seems fine. I wouldn't want to count on him for a full season in every game and the playoffs, but in spot duty I suspect he could still move the ball

Is this the video that you're talking about ? It's from last year and yes it appears that he can still throw darts even at age 47 . :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-y9Jqo-lTM

Brett being interviewed afterwards saying he would make a comeback as long as no one is allowed to hit him . :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y90xvSamF6Y

All-Star

by depopulationINC » Fri May 05, 2017 9:13 am

bobo82 wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:Idunno Bobo...the video of him tossing the ball recently indicates his arm is still there. Body wise....dunno...but his bread and butter seems fine. I wouldn't want to count on him for a full season in every game and the playoffs, but in spot duty I suspect he could still move the ball

Is this the video that you're talking about ? It's from last year and yes it appears that he can still throw darts even at age 47 . :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-y9Jqo-lTM

Brett being interviewed afterwards saying he would make a comeback as long as no one is allowed to hit him . :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y90xvSamF6Y

Which is basically what I said
All-Star

Previous