20%
I go to every Grey Cup
10%
I don't go to the Grey Cup
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: The cost of attending the Grey Cup game

by Liquor Kitty » Mon May 08, 2017 1:25 pm

I only go to eastern (east of Manitoba) games. The closest is a 1 1/2 hour flight.
Veteran

by slimjim2 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:36 am

cflisthebest wrote:The CFL needs to do a much better job of making Grey Cup tickets more affordable to every CFL fan. None of this crap where only a small percentage of the fans can afford to buy any.

This isn't the NFL or NBA OR NHL. the CFL needs to give all fans the ability to see the biggest game of the season.

No the CFL does not need to do a better job of making the GC tickets more affordable.
29,000 tickets sold so far to Ottawa fans and they are paying around $300 a ticket. Ottawa season ticket holders and flex pack buyers snapped up all of the existing seats in the stadium and only the temp seats will be available to non-Ottawa buyers when they go on sale.

If you have a 50,000 seat stadium then yes you do have to make some seats cheaper.
Last year in Toronto was not good for the league and they shouldn't have hosted it.
It's up to the individual host team to set prices.
All-Star

by vanhalendlrband » Thu May 11, 2017 8:32 am

slimjim2 wrote:
cflisthebest wrote:The CFL needs to do a much better job of making Grey Cup tickets more affordable to every CFL fan. None of this crap where only a small percentage of the fans can afford to buy any.

This isn't the NFL or NBA OR NHL. the CFL needs to give all fans the ability to see the biggest game of the season.

No the CFL does not need to do a better job of making the GC tickets more affordable.
29,000 tickets sold so far to Ottawa fans and they are paying around $300 a ticket. Ottawa season ticket holders and flex pack buyers snapped up all of the existing seats in the stadium and only the temp seats will be available to non-Ottawa buyers when they go on sale.

If you have a 50,000 seat stadium then yes you do have to make some seats cheaper.
Last year in Toronto was not good for the league and they shouldn't have hosted it.
It's up to the individual host team to set prices.

For once I actually agree with you.

Toronto shouldn't have hosted for many years until the fanbase was back. A very bad example and most grey cups will not go that way. You're always guaranteed 50,000+ in Vancouver at pretty hefty prices too.
All-Star

by brihind88 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:22 am

Not true about Vancouver.

In 2014, they were no where near a sell out.

They had a weekend blow out sale for $ 50.
Just so the stadium would not show so many empty seats.

I paid $380 for my seat. The guy behind me got one of the seats for $50.

:thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

First , the Lions were not in it.
Second the pricing.
All-Star

Previous