Sunderland to be named ESK's GM

Re: Sunderland to be named ESK's GM

by HfxTC » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:13 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
HfxTC wrote:
okie wrote:Andrew Wetenhall wanted to use his special formula to determine the next GM for the Als. Wetenhall pretty much said if there had been only the single criteria of football, Brock Sunderland would have been hired.

Ahhh ! The secret sauce ! I see.

Apparently when he wrote the formula he squared locker room meltdowns and multiplied it by the sum of trust plus and consequences divided by experience

meltdowns^2 x (trust + consequences)/experience
instead of (√ meltdowns / (trust + consequences) x experience
or (√ meltdowns x experience)/(trust + consequences) if you prefer to tidy the formula up a bit.

better know in some circles as the ReedWetenhall strangulation furmula

Who knew it was not just Kavis who sucks at math? WHAT SAY YOU? WHAT SAY YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byR_i1lAD0E

LMAO :thup:

I've been telling everybody Raiche is the one crunching the numbers cause we know Kavis can't count. :D

I can't watch that video... Way too creepy and disturbing.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Grover » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:54 am

Compensation will be 50% of Sunderlands salary up to $100K paid to OTT

No draft pick

“Should all the parties agree that a non-player employee can engage in discussions with another club, and if he signs with that other club, the requesting club shall pay to the former club 50 percent of the non-player employee’s existing base salary for the year in question, to a maximum of $100,000. This clause shall only apply if the non-player employee is under contract for the following football season.”

OTT would have had to discuss additional draft pick compensation before allowing permission to interview.

http://3downnation.com/2017/04/24/eskim ... underland/
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by West » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:07 pm

Good choice indeed. I was a bit disappointed to see the legend Ed Hervey go, but I think they got a good one :thup:
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:21 pm

West wrote:Good choice indeed. I was a bit disappointed to see the legend Ed Hervey go, but I think they got a good one :thup:

Hervey is a legend?
All-Star

by West » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:31 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
West wrote:Good choice indeed. I was a bit disappointed to see the legend Ed Hervey go, but I think they got a good one :thup:

Hervey is a legend?

Yes :thup:
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:14 pm

West wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:

Hervey is a legend?

Yes :thup:

In his mind or yours?

I've never understood the extreme Harveyism. IMO he has failed to adequately replace much of the depth that has parted ways. Seems like a lot of top end import talent has not been replaced, and the national depth, which was very good, seems to have really regressed. I felt he was a good GM, but I didn't really see him as great. Would have taken a year or 2 longer to know for sure.
All-Star

by jamie » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:39 pm

I'm not sure he even was a "good" GM. He's not only not replaced departing talent he's tied up about 15-16 % of the cap with two players in Reilly and Bowman. Any time your kicker is nominated for best Canadian of the year ( 2x) you know Canadian talent is limited. That said Whyte has been great in his role.
He was the GM who had his total coaching staff bolt. He publically embarrassed his team and organization on multiple occasions. Not the mark of a good, never mind a great GM
All-Star

by West » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:20 am

depopulationINC wrote:In his mind or yours?

Both probably.

He turned the organization around after the Eric Tillman debachal, brought us a Grey Cup, and made this team competitive after a string of dismal seasons.

Not to mention I loved the guy as a player.

To me he's put in some solid seasons for this organization both as a player and GM and I was sad to see him go.

You don't have to agree. I won't be offended :wink:. I don't see the ins and outs of every day at the office so I'm not sure what it was like to work with the guy.

On another note, Lenny used pretty much the same line with his canning of Tillman as he did with Hervey stating they weren't in the community enough.
All-Star

by LeStaf » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:22 pm

papazoola wrote:
HfxTC wrote:Great choice. I was hoping Montreal would give him the job...

....Yeah...I think the Als. passed up on a good one....Kavis is alright but Sunderland would have been the better hire...Esks. will be happy

Malgré tout le respect et l'amitié que j'ai pour Kavis Reed, je crois que Sunderland était le meilleur candidat. Maintenant, je serai bien content si Kavis me fait mentir. C'est un gars très intelligent; il peut y parvenir.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by project.legacy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:13 pm

Brillitant move by the Esks IMO. I really wanted to see Sunderland become the GM in Toronto. Solid resume, great ability to find players, and has a lot of experience in the CFL and NFL.
Starter

Previous