Vince Young training video.

Re: Vince Young training video.

by bobo82 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:18 am

slimjim2 wrote:CFL News‏ @CFL_News 2h2 hours ago
More
.@VinceYoung10 effortlessly tossed 40- and 50-yard passes and his feet and reflexes are lightning quick. - @rodpedersen #CFL #Riders

:lol: consider the source :lol: "Pom Pom" Pedersen :roll: The Riders #1 Fan Boy :roll:
Now don't get me wrong here BUT Vince could've been throwin' wounded ducks all day and falling and stumbling all over himself AND Pedersen would've still been praising him up and down. Believe me anything that I hear from the "Pom Pom" man I take with a grain of salt . The guy is probably the biggest most biased cheerleader in the entire league when it comes to reporting on the Riders .

Now before I start getting all the typical "Ya but yer just a Rider Hater" responses . In all honesty from what I heard old Vincy had a not too bad day yesterday on day #1 of mini-camp and is apparently off to a good start BUT he's still got a long ways to go . BUT all in all whose to say folks ? Time will tell how this whole thing will play out , Good /Bad or otherwise . :)
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by canadianfootballfan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:14 pm

The Rider/Young PR team that frequents this board won't like your post, Bobo. Which is why I love it! :)
Veteran

by slimjim2 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:50 pm

bobo82 wrote:
More
.@VinceYoung10 effortlessly tossed 40- and 50-yard passes and his feet and reflexes are lightning quick. - @rodpedersen #CFL #Riders

:lol: consider the source :lol: "Pom Pom" Pedersen :roll: The Riders #1 Fan Boy :roll:
Now don't get me wrong here BUT Vince could've been throwin' wounded ducks all day and falling and stumbling all over himself AND Pedersen would've still been praising him up and down . Believe me anything that I hear from the "Pom Pom" man I take with a grain of salt . The guy is probably the biggest most biased cheerleader in the entire league when it comes to reporting on the Riders .

Now before I start getting all the typical "Ya but yer just a Rider Hater" responses . In all honesty from what I heard old Vincy had a not too bad day yesterday on day #1 of mini-camp and is apparently off to a good start BUT he's still got a long ways to go . BUT all in all whose to say folks ? Time will tell how this whole thing will play out , Good /Bad or otherwise . :)

But this isn't Pederson, it's Murry McCormack

http://leaderpost.com/sports/football/c ... -mini-camp

Also TSN reports he looked sharp
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl

And Chris Jones gave him a thumbs up too..............
http://3downnation.com/2017/04/25/chris ... mini-camp/
All-Star

by Preisst » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:57 pm

slimjim2 wrote:
bobo82 wrote:
More

Now don't get me wrong here BUT Vince could've been throwin' wounded ducks all day and falling and stumbling all over himself AND Pedersen would've still been praising him up and down . Believe me anything that I hear from the "Pom Pom" man I take with a grain of salt . The guy is probably the biggest most biased cheerleader in the entire league when it comes to reporting on the Riders .

But this isn't Pederson, it's Murry McCormack

http://leaderpost.com/sports/football/c ... -mini-camp

Also TSN reports he looked sharp
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl

And Chris Jones gave him a thumbs up too..............
http://3downnation.com/2017/04/25/chris ... mini-camp/

Don't confuse the poor things with little things like the facts. It doesn't fit their narrative and will confuse them.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by cheater » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:36 pm

So Canadianfootballfan. What part of Bobo's post did you love? The part where he's embarrassing himself due to lack of facts. Or the part where he talks about Peterson junk ?
Rookie

by HfxTC » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:43 pm

Looks like he's achieved his first goal to get to training camp. I don't think we'll get a sense of his capabilities till we see him running in pre-season games. I think for him to be successful he'll have to be a dual threat QB.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:41 pm

More

BIG DEAL. Every pro quarterback can and should be able to toss 40 and 50 yard passes. Now throwing a 50 yarder to an open receiver in stride, against a pass rush is something else entirely.

If that is the yardstick for greatness; then Troy Smith come back to the CFL... Troy Smith can chuck the football 60 yards with his wrong hand. And he sucked big time in the CFL! :cowboy:
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by Preisst » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:58 pm

Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:
More

BIG DEAL. Every pro quarterback can and should be able to toss 40 and 50 yard passes. Now throwing a 50 yarder to an open receiver in stride, against a pass rush is something else entirely.

If that is the yardstick for greatness; then Troy Smith come back to the CFL... Troy Smith can chuck the football 60 yards with his wrong hand. And he sucked big time in the CFL! :cowboy:

Well 3rd Language 3rd Person Johnny I don't recall anyone saying anything about it equaling greatness. Just some ppull doing their job and reporting what they've seen.

You sure love the Roughriders though, I'll give you that...... 8)
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by slimjim2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:28 am

More

True, but it's a good start for a guy that hasn't played for awhile. He's got over the first hurdle but the test like all potential QBs will be training camp with hits and game paying time. He won't get a free pass
All-Star

by bobo82 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:14 am

slimjim2 wrote:
More

True, but it's a good start for a guy that hasn't played for awhile. He's got over the first hurdle but the test like all potential QBs will be training camp with hits and game paying time. He won't get a free pass

I'd have to think that it's pretty much a 100% guarantee that VY will be on the opening day roster. The only way he's not is if he gets injured somehow in T. Camp or preseason play and winds up on the 6 game IL but barring that I think that one would have to consider him a lock at this point to make the final 46 man .

The interesting thing is that lost in all this VY hype is the fact that the Riders have now had two quarterbacks leave the team and professional football altogether to pursue other interests since Young was signed . G.J. Kinne has followed Jake Waters out the door leaving just before mini-camp opened . Waters retired in early March to take an Assistant coaching job with Iowa State and now Kinne has also retired to apparently take up a job opportunity in the real world .

The team at the present time have 5 QB's signed and in mini-camp . Kevin Glenn , Vince Young , Brandon Bridge, Bryan Bennett and the newly signed rookie Jake Heaps . So unless something drastic happens between now and opening day it's pretty hard not to see Young at the very least making the roster starting the season behind Glenn as the Riders 2nd stringer or even perhaps as the opening day starter depending how he shows at T.Camp and in the preseason .
Last edited by bobo82 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

All-Star

by bobo82 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:28 am

cheater wrote:So Canadianfootballfan. What part of Bobo's post did you love? The part where he's embarrassing himself due to lack of facts. Or the part where he talks about Peterson junk ?
bobo82 wrote:
More

Now don't get me wrong here BUT Vince could've been throwin' wounded ducks all day and falling and stumbling all over himself AND Pedersen would've still been praising him up and down. Believe me anything that I hear from the "Pom Pom" man I take with a grain of salt . The guy is probably the biggest most biased cheerleader in the entire league when it comes to reporting on the Riders .

So I guess you have a different opinion then me and obviously disagree that Pom Pom isn't a totally biased one sided Rider fan boy in his reporting when it comes to all things Riders ? Show me just once anytime that Rod has said anything even remotely unbiased about this team ? Personally I don't think you can :lol: BUT fair enough we have a difference of opinion on the merits of Rod Pedersen........ fair is fair....I can live with that.....It's all good , no worries :)

BUT

Junk ? show me where exactly in my post where the word junk is even mentioned ? Let alone Pedersen's junk ? :wink:

Lastly kindly show me where in your opinion that any so called embarrassing lack of facts were stated ?

I'm guessing that you didn't bother to read the last part of my post where I stated that by all reports that Vince had a not too bad first day at all in mini-camp and is apparently off to a good start all things considered . Even Vince said he has a long way to go yet in his comeback in football . So I guess it's not a fact that Good / Bad or otherwise we will all know in due time how this whole thing will all play out ? Or are there maybe perhaps Alternative Facts involved here that we are all unaware of ? :)

Cheers to ya Cheater.......It's all in good fun and HEY ? is it June Yet ? :D :rockin:

All-Star

by prairiewolf77 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:29 am

Young reviews must be all over the map. On Saskatoon radio, they were saying that he was good at best but nothing to get too excited about.

Will he be at main camp, probably, but i am hoping Jones is letting all the QB's get maximum reps.
Starter

by Preisst » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:40 am

bobo82 wrote: So I guess you have a different opinion then me and obviously disagree that Pom Pom isn't a totally biased one sided Rider fan boy in his reporting when it comes to all things Riders ? Show me just once anytime that Rod has said anything even remotely unbiased about this team ? Personally I don't think you can BUT fair enough we have a difference of opinion on the merits of Rod Pedersen........ fair is fair....I can live with that.....It's all good , no worries

BUT

Junk ? show me where exactly in my post where the word junk is even mentioned ? Let alone Pedersen's junk ?

Lastly kindly show me where in your opinion that any so called embarrassing lack of facts were stated ?

I'm guessing that you didn't bother to read the last part of my post where I stated that by all reports that Vince had a not too bad first day at all in mini-camp and is apparently off to a good start all things considered . Even Vince said he has a long way to go yet in his comeback in football . So I guess it's not a fact that Good / Bad or otherwise we will all know in due time how this whole thing will all play out ? Or are there maybe perhaps Alternative Facts involved here that we are all unaware of ?

Cheers to ya Cheater.......It's all in good fun and HEY ? is it June Yet ?

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homerism by the media happens in all sports all over the world. You really need to get out more. The dudes here in Calgary are unlistenable they are so biased and full of bullpoop slanted towards the Stumps.

Just a suggestion but you really should try to be more objective. Your bias against the Roughriders limits any efforts to give your posts credibility.

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by slimjim2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:59 am

prairiewolf77 wrote:Young reviews must be all over the map. On Saskatoon radio, they were saying that he was good at best but nothing to get too excited about.

Will he be at main camp, probably, but i am hoping Jones is letting all the QB's get maximum reps.

So Saskatoon radio agrees with what has been said so far - he has looked "good". I can't see where "reviews must be all over the map"
From what I have read he's done better than expected - when he was introduced a couple of months ago he was 15 pounds heavier, out of shape and most posters on this board predicted failure.
We get the true test at the TC
All-Star

by Migs » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:10 pm

bobo82 wrote:
More

Pedersen is not a reporter, he is the Riders play by play announcer.

Regarding Young, I haven't heard one negative report on Young since mini camp began. His attitude seems to be in the right place & it's quite obvious that those who said he would come in fat & outta shape have no idea what they are talking about.

So far so good for Young.
Starter

PreviousNext