Vince Young training video.

Re: Vince Young training video.

by BCCFLFAN » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Migs wrote:
BCCFLFAN wrote:Saw arrival at airport and part of introduction interview. mixed emotions? Anyway since he was taught as an NFL qb for the NFL game, he will have a hard time adjusting to be a CFL qb for the CFL game. He is in his mid thirties and he has to learn a different game.

What mixed emotions? Where did you get any sense he had anything other than gratitude & excitement for the opportunity?

If you took off your blinders you would see. That "gratitude and excitement" was an act for the media in IMHO.
Starter

by Migs » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:33 pm

BCCFLFAN wrote:
Migs wrote:
BCCFLFAN wrote:Saw arrival at airport and part of introduction interview. mixed emotions? Anyway since he was taught as an NFL qb for the NFL game, he will have a hard time adjusting to be a CFL qb for the CFL game. He is in his mid thirties and he has to learn a different game.

What mixed emotions? Where did you get any sense he had anything other than gratitude & excitement for the opportunity?

If you took off your blinders you would see. That "gratitude and excitement" was an act for the media in IMHO.

Where is your evidence? What makes you think Young was merely acting for the media?
Starter

by depopulationINC » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:07 pm

BCCFLFAN wrote:
Migs wrote:

I don't really agree with this. He seemed genuine to me. I am still questioning the move as a whole...but I have not seen anything indicated he was not into it. I guess if he shows up in good shape that will answer the question of if it was genuine...based on the video it seems like he is well along the way in the right direction though. But hey...maybe someone who is not grateful and excited and thus has nominal heart in it is not worried about putting their job on hold, leaving the direct oversight of their business and charity and striving to get in game shape just because. Seems unlikely,. but it is possible I guess.
All-Star

by BCRiderFan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:35 pm

BCCFLFAN wrote:
Migs wrote:

If you're going to say something so imflammatory and rude, you better have some proof. Which you don't have, of course. More nonsense.
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions
Veteran

by Preisst » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:41 pm

BCCFLFAN wrote:
Migs wrote:

This is phenomenal for a very simple reason. I didn't see any of it. Hence, this gives me the opportunity to ask you, to take the opportunity of outlining, in detail, exactly what you saw to help me out in understanding how this was an act for media.

Don't be shy, here is your chance to help those less fortunate then you........ :rockin:
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by Taleback » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:45 pm

BCCFLFAN wrote:
Migs wrote:

Am I missing something here? Was the guy FORCED to try a comeback? Nothing you say makes sense unless this is the situation.
All-Star

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Ah geez! :roll:

Are Rider fans still pushing the hype train on Vince Young?! :roll:

"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by canadianfootballfan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:11 am

They're not pushing the hype, Johnny... they're shoving it down our throats.

I guess all the pressure of a bad previous season, and no hope for a good 2017, the fans are desperate for hype. My advice to Rider fans for 2017 is enjoy the new stadium, because it will be the only thing to get any happiness from this year.
Veteran

by BCRiderFan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:53 am

canadianfootballfan wrote:They're not pushing the hype, Johnny... they're shoving it down our throats.

I guess all the pressure of a bad previous season, and no hope for a good 2017, the fans are desperate for hype. My advice to Rider fans for 2017 is enjoy the new stadium, because it will be the only thing to get any happiness from this year.

"They're shoving it down our throats". Awww, poor baby cant't take a thread on a video without his lower lip quivering. Holy hyperbole, lol
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions
Veteran

by pikk » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:04 am

2 things can happen, he makes it or fails. Lets wait and see.
All-Star

by brihind88 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:46 am

pikk wrote:2 things can happen, he makes it or fails. Lets wait and see.

True.

We can all speculate and predict.

None of us have a crystal ball that can indicate anything.

What will be will be.

As a famous late Calgary sportscaster always said " in the meantime and in between time ".

It is an interesting debate for the next 3 months of off season. We do have to argue about something.

Up to the point where this thread gets locked. :lol:
All-Star

by Preisst » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:22 am

Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:Ah geez! :roll:

Are Rider fans still pushing the hype train on Vince Young?! :roll:

Following your logic ANY thread created about ANY player is pushing the hype train. Why don't you try bringing something fruitful to the conversation on this board. All you do is complain about the Roughriders and Roughrider fans.

Essentially you just live in the Realm of Breaking Rule #3.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by Preisst » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:25 am

brihind88 wrote:

True.

We can all speculate and predict.

None of us have a crystal ball that can indicate anything.

What will be will be.

As a famous late Calgary sportscaster always said " in the meantime and in between time ".

It is an interesting debate for the next 3 months of off season. We do have to argue about something.

Up to the point where this thread gets locked. :lol:

Argue, discuss is all good. But we should do so on the merit of the player. Childish mocking towards a fan base is pointless and breaks rule #3.

So yes, I agree with what you say in this entire post.

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by bobo82 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:39 am

bobo82 wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:Young will make his first appearance next Tuesday at the Riders mini-camp in Vero Beach, chance to see what kind of shape he's in.

Tuesday will definitely be the tale of the tape and I'm sure there will probably be way more media coverage then is usually afforded for any team that's having your average run of the mill garden variety off-season mini-camp .

How's he going to do ? who really knows ? My guess is that regardless of how good or bad he looks next week that he will definitely be at the main camp and on the Riders opening day roster for the upcoming season either way . I'm not going to say he'll be the starter on opening day but a team doesn't hold a major press conference complete with jersey presentation to a player who they figure is a long shot to make the squad .

2 things can happen , he makes it or he makes it... period full stop . No matter what happens anybody that doesn't think that VY won't be at the main camp and on Saskatchewan's opening day roster based on this mini -camp is living in la - la land . Anybody who doesn't think that VY will not get preferential treatment and the benefit of the doubt , better think again . The only question here really is if Jones has him under centre and starting or carrying a clipboard on opening day this season .

It really doesn't matter how he does in this mini-camp . Even if he totally craps the bed and looks absolutely awful next week , he will still be on the team and heading to Training Camp at the end of May regardless . It seems like egomaniac Jones has thrown all his chips in the centre of the table and is going all in with this guy no matter how he looks (good or bad ) .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by papazoola » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:12 pm

bobo82 wrote: It seems like egomaniac Jones has thrown all his chips in the centre of the table and is going all in with this guy no matter how he looks (good or bad ) .

....Seems Corky takes a flyer on a lot of busts...Another one today bites the dust...Justin Cox their outstanding rookie with previous baggage has been released...Charged with domestic violence...Oh boy :roll: :roll:
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what's NOT being said....AnonymousImage
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext