Vince Young training video.

Re: Vince Young training video.

by depopulationINC » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:03 pm

sambo42 wrote:
Argofan_1000 wrote:
I watched the video again, and Young understands showmanship that's for sure and how to elevate the player profile in this league. If he is successful, he can probably double his salary in sponsorships and engagements. He will have N.A. watching at the Florida mini-camp. This is good for the Riders and good for the League. Even though he does not play for my team I am hoping he performs well. I will be in Hamilton and Toronto to watch him.

I'm not so sure I agree its good for the league... many critics south of the border will rail against CFL wether he makes it or not, they will say its an inferior league if he succeeds, or that Young's skills were good enough to make a 3rd rate football league... some fans may not agree with the so-called "experts", but they will pounce no matter what happens. Even some scribes and commentators here in Canada will want to do the same thing, they naysayers will always speak the loudest.

Who cares? There are certain people that are going to hate either way....so let them do their thing....I hope they are cozy soaked in their hatred. Personally I couldn't imagine being built that way...must feel an empty life to have that bottled up inside for them. If one doesn't like the league, hey, to each their own...but if how an ex-nfler does is something they need to bias their opinion either way, that is just sad and they likely don't understand either game so need an excuse to hate, because they can't think of their own legit reasons to dislike the league. We have seen big names in the past draw attention to the league and I can't really think of one that "hurt" the league when it all balances out.
All-Star

by Argofan_1000 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:07 pm

sambo42 wrote:
Argofan_1000 wrote:
I watched the video again, and Young understands showmanship that's for sure and how to elevate the player profile in this league. If he is successful, he can probably double his salary in sponsorships and engagements. He will have N.A. watching at the Florida mini-camp. This is good for the Riders and good for the League. Even though he does not play for my team I am hoping he performs well. I will be in Hamilton and Toronto to watch him.

I'm not so sure I agree its good for the league... many critics south of the border will rail against CFL wether he makes it or not, they will say its an inferior league if he succeeds, or that Young's skills were good enough to make a 3rd rate football league... some fans may not agree with the so-called "experts", but they will pounce no matter what happens. Even some scribes and commentators here in Canada will want to do the same thing, they naysayers will always speak the loudest.

US has more respect for the players and League than Canadians do. They all watch players move back and forth and they all remember the players from the NCAA. Almost all agreed that Tebow would not be a good fit in the CFL, just not good enough and Montreal's experiment with a few players, media said they are just not good enough for either league. That's what I recall from ESPN,Fox sports

Young is different, I think he will show us that he can repeat what he did in the NCAA and NFL. He has to come into camp in great shape and he looks like he is well on his way
Veteran

by Preisst » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:23 pm

sambo42 wrote:I'm not so sure I agree its good for the league... many critics south of the border will rail against CFL wether he makes it or not, they will say its an inferior league if he succeeds, or that Young's skills were good enough to make a 3rd rate football league... some fans may not agree with the so-called "experts", but they will pounce no matter what happens. Even some scribes and commentators here in Canada will want to do the same thing, they naysayers will always speak the loudest.

I'm not saying you are one of them but I have to wonder why some ppull are always so concerned about what those south of the border think about our game. I don't give one poop let alone two poops about what they think about our game. I'd be willing to bet big dollars that 99.6% of them have NEVER even watched a full game.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by sambo42 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:15 am

Preisst wrote:

I'm not saying you are one of them but I have to wonder why some ppull are always so concerned about what those south of the border think about our game. I don't give one poop let alone two poops about what they think about our game. I'd be willing to bet big dollars that 99.6% of them have NEVER even watched a full game.

Actually, I'm not that concerned, I just know what the inevitable talk will be south of the border, and the pro-NFLers on this side of the border... those are the ones that need to be converted, and I believe a few of them can be, just a matter of showing what good about the CFL, and all that is wrong with the NFL. More consistent officiating wouldn't hurt either. I don't think that one player will or can make that kind of a positive change to this league. Bigger NFL stars have come up north, and if anything, the perceptions got more deeply entrenched. As for positive feedback for the league, its getting ( or has gotten) to the point where, another fallen NFL star is trying the CFL, so what? The one thing that will bring more fans to the Canadian game will be that this league has elevated itself to a more professional level, be it players, coaches, GMs, officials & even media.
ryan3434: gandhi was a black hating racist
Hall of Famer

by Argofan_1000 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:14 pm

RR mini camp in Vero Beach Florida is 1 week away. How do we get to see this?
Veteran

by Preisst » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:18 pm

sambo42 wrote:
Preisst wrote:

Actually, I'm not that concerned, I just know what the inevitable talk will be south of the border, and the pro-NFLers on this side of the border... those are the ones that need to be converted, and I believe a few of them can be, just a matter of showing what good about the CFL, and all that is wrong with the NFL. More consistent officiating wouldn't hurt either. I don't think that one player will or can make that kind of a positive change to this league. Bigger NFL stars have come up north, and if anything, the perceptions got more deeply entrenched. As for positive feedback for the league, its getting ( or has gotten) to the point where, another fallen NFL star is trying the CFL, so what? The one thing that will bring more fans to the Canadian game will be that this league has elevated itself to a more professional level, be it players, coaches, GMs, officials & even media.

I find that for the most part when I ask anti-CFL fans why they hate the league so much and why they love the NFL so much they don't really have any reasons and don't have much to say other then wanting to not having to talk about it. LOL
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by depopulationINC » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Argofan_1000 wrote:RR mini camp in Vero Beach Florida is 1 week away. How do we get to see this?

I am tentatively swinging by for a bit one day...as I did last year. If I do actually make it I will try to get a post together...doesn't help anyone see it...but
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:40 pm

Preisst wrote:
sambo42 wrote:
Preisst wrote:

I find that for the most part when I ask anti-CFL fans why they hate the league so much and why they love the NFL so much they don't really have any reasons and don't have much to say other then wanting to not having to talk about it. LOL

True story! There are a lot of really bad coaches and GMs in the NFL...don't know how some stay afloat. The biggest thing I get is the officiating, which is a fair point...especially the past couple years with the rule changes. Don't get me wrong, there are some god awful blunders in the NFL with officiating as well. I think what a lot of people focus in on is some of the depth guys...there are some that should not be in either league, but I feel that has narrowed over the past several years. So many get fixated on the "couldn't make it in the NFL" thing...definitely glaringly true for some, but they generally don't last more than a couple of seasons. There are a pile of players who were the coin flip and could have just as easily been in the NFL and a lot more who don't fit the size molds in the NFL but work well on the Canadian field and game. I think Johnson said it best when he said the bulk of athleticism and talent between the leagues is fairly on par, it is just that the CFL doesn't have a lot of the guys who are just purely on another level...and every team in the NFL has one or 2 of those...contenders generally a few more.
All-Star

by BCCFLFAN » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:28 pm

BCRiderFan wrote:
BCCFLFAN wrote:
sambo42 wrote:It looks like a Nike(or similar company) commercial... if he is in shape, good for him, but still doesn't make him the saviour, nor does it mean he will make the team... his performance will... and that is the big question mark surrounding him... can he play, and make a difference? I just don't see it happening... drink all the Kool-Aid you like, but until he proves himself(and for the record, I hope he can), we will have to wait to see how he reacts in actual game situations... to me, that will speak volumes as to wether he can/can't play in this league.

I don't think he will hang around through training camp. His demeanour when arriving was not like someone who wanted to be there. Much like Michael Sams demeanour. You can't ignore that.

I couldn't disagree more with this. I have no idea how this will turn out, but Vince has obviously had a super positive demeanour throughout, as does his wife. Did you even watch any of the interviews?

Saw arrival at airport and part of introduction interview. mixed emotions? Anyway since he was taught as an NFL qb for the NFL game, he will have a hard time adjusting to be a CFL qb for the CFL game. He is in his mid thirties and he has to learn a different game.
Starter

by Migs » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:57 pm

BCCFLFAN wrote:Saw arrival at airport and part of introduction interview. mixed emotions? Anyway since he was taught as an NFL qb for the NFL game, he will have a hard time adjusting to be a CFL qb for the CFL game. He is in his mid thirties and he has to learn a different game.

What mixed emotions? Where did you get any sense he had anything other than gratitude & excitement for the opportunity?
Starter

by canadianfootballfan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:54 am

I think Migs is Young's PR person... or at least thinks he is.
Veteran

by bobo82 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:11 am

Migs wrote:
BCCFLFAN wrote:Saw arrival at airport and part of introduction interview. mixed emotions? Anyway since he was taught as an NFL qb for the NFL game, he will have a hard time adjusting to be a CFL qb for the CFL game. He is in his mid thirties and he has to learn a different game.

What mixed emotions? Where did you get any sense he had anything other than gratitude & excitement for the opportunity?
canadianfootballfan wrote:I think Migs is Young's PR person... or at least thinks he is.

Just call him "Migs" Spicer....... 8)
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by slimjim2 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:08 pm

Young will make his first appearance next Tuesday at the Riders mini-camp in Vero Beach, chance to see what kind of shape he's in.
All-Star

by Migs » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:18 pm

canadianfootballfan wrote:I think Migs is Young's PR person... or at least thinks he is.

Not at all, just questioning someone's unsubstantiated claim.
Starter

by bobo82 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:14 pm

slimjim2 wrote:Young will make his first appearance next Tuesday at the Riders mini-camp in Vero Beach, chance to see what kind of shape he's in.

Tuesday will definitely be the tale of the tape and I'm sure there will probably be way more media coverage then is usually afforded for any team that's having your average run of the mill garden variety off-season mini-camp .

How's he going to do ? who really knows ? My guess is that regardless of how good or bad he looks next week that he will definitely be at the main camp and on the Riders opening day roster for the upcoming season either way . I'm not going to say he'll be the starter on opening day but a team doesn't hold a major press conference complete with jersey presentation to a player who they figure is a long shot to make the squad .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

PreviousNext