Vince Young training video.

Re: Vince Young training video.

by Under_miner » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:19 pm

What the uneducated tend to forget is that Rod Pedersen is NOT a journalist. Sheesh, get your facts straight. He's little more than an opinion columnist and web-blogger. He just happens to be the play-by-play guy that hosts a radio talk show, so that makes a few children believe that he's actually a journalist. He's no more a journalist than Alex Jones is!
Practice Squad

by Preisst » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:47 pm

Migs wrote:Pedersen is not a reporter, he is the Riders play by play announcer.

Regarding Young, I haven't heard one negative report on Young since mini camp began. His attitude seems to be in the right place & it's quite obvious that those who said he would come in fat & outta shape have no idea what they are talking about.

So far so good for Young.

I get a kick out of those posters who are all blather and bluster whose sole purpose is to bash everything and anything that is Roughrider related. Facts be damned.

Then when they are inevitably proven wrong, again and again and again and again and again, they disappear and are no where to be found. They are not even big enough to admit they were wrong.

I suppose their predilection to believe that everyone from Saskatchewan is a dumb redneck farmer might have some bearing but I don't know, just seems like it might be a factor.

I guess they think that if they add enough "smilies" that it would confound us "dumb stublejumpers"..... lol......

edit - btw you mentioned fat and out of shape, you forgot the childish comments that were being made about his supposed lack of intelligence......they were out and out calling him stupid and dumber then a bull weevil
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by Grover » Wed May 31, 2017 5:31 pm

Murray McCormick‏ is the Riders beat writer for the Leader-Post

Murray McCormick‏Verified account
@murraylp

If you're interested my #RidersTC QB depth chart: 1. Glenn; 2. Bennett; 3. Brandon Bridge; 4. Vince Young; 5. Marquise Williams.
Last edited by Grover on Wed May 31, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by HfxTC » Wed May 31, 2017 5:35 pm

Young must be doing pretty bad if he's stuck behind a Bennett and Bridge... yikes.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Preisst » Wed May 31, 2017 6:51 pm

HfxTC wrote:Young must be doing pretty bad if he's stuck behind a Bennett and Bridge... yikes.

While this is true is should be noted that McCormick is not exactly a football guru. That said I'm hearing from my sources that Bennett has been looking pretty good and is probably in the lead for #2 after this short of a time.

I do think your passive aggressive "must be doing pretty bad" if he's behind Bennett is cute though. Nice try. What's wrong with Bennett in your mind? LOL LOL LOL

Roughriders also brought in and signed Marquise Williams today so there's another player you can take a cheap shot at.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by depopulationINC » Wed May 31, 2017 7:03 pm

HfxTC wrote:Young must be doing pretty bad if he's stuck behind a Bennett and Bridge... yikes.

Depends how you look at it....
His long ball has been the best
His quick reads have been solid
His adlibbing has probably been the best
He is struggling with motion at times
His short passes have been plain bad
Funny though...you've likely never even seen Bennett play so I am not sure why you would make such a silly statement...he has time in the league on a PR so is going to grasp some things faster than pretty much any new QB

If he can get his short game together he will look pretty good TBH. Still not sure if he can keep up with the playbook though.
All-Star

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Wed May 31, 2017 8:25 pm

Grover wrote:Murray McCormick‏ is the Riders beat writer for the Leader-Post

Murray McCormick‏Verified account
@murraylp

If you're interested my #RidersTC QB depth chart: 1. Glenn; 2. Bennett; 3. Brandon Bridge; 4. Vince Young; 5. Marquise Williams.

HA HA! :lol:
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Wed May 31, 2017 8:27 pm

Anyone who is stuck behind a Glenn is doing bad!
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by Grover » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:51 am

From Rodservations

2 - Roughriders Assistant V.P. of Player Personnel John Murphy was good enough to spend an hour with us on Wednesday's SportsCage on 620 CKRM and he gladly fielded questions from the hosts and listeners. Here are some of the things he mentioned:

- Kevin Glenn has been in a class by himself as far as the quarterbacks go. He's been absolutely brilliant. Behind him however, the battle between Bryan Bennett, Brandon Bridge and Vince Young is dead-even.

3 - Sports Illustrated senior writer Greg Bishop headed home to Seattle on Wednesday and his feature on Vince Young is due to be published in the July 4 edition of the magazine. I have to wonder if Young will even be a Roughrider by then. After incremental improvement from Days 1 through 3, Young took a considerable step back on Day 4, being picked off several times. It was clear Vince was very angry with himself over his performance.

Murphy said they're nowhere near any conversations with Young regarding where he fits in on the QB depth chart, and they're content to wait until they have to cross that bridge in the weeks ahead.

4 - As of Wednesday, the quarterback depth chart appeared to be Glenn, Bennett, Bridge, Young and Williams. However as has been noted several times, that group is shifting daily.

http://www.rodpedersen.com/2017/05/rods ... ns-ii.html
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by HfxTC » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:08 am

depopulationINC wrote:

Funny though...you've likely never even seen Bennett play so I am not sure why you would make such a silly statement...he has time in the league on a PR so is going to grasp some things faster than pretty much any new QB

If he can get his short game together he will look pretty good TBH. Still not sure if he can keep up with the playbook though.

If Young with all the experience he has in pro ball is currently behind Bennett and Bridge, he can't be showing anything near starter potential. Granted its early.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by slimjim2 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:36 am

HfxTC wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:

If Young with all the experience he has in pro ball is currently behind Bennett and Bridge, he can't be showing anything near starter potential. Granted its early.

If he's behind Bennett and Bridge for the backup, then he will be gone. Chris Jones won't hesitate to fire a player even if he's an ex-NFL looking to make a comeback.
If he does cut him will another team sign him? maybe the Als?
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:17 am

HfxTC wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:

Day one he looked like #2
Day two he looked like #2
Day three he looked like #2a
Day 4 he looked like #4

He looked bad yesterday....it was definitely his worst day....his errors compounded and clearly got to him.

Bennett meanwhile has looked better every single day.

Bridge has been a mix and inconsistent

If VY can Polish up his short game he will be fine...but right now the extra man, the waggle, the 1 yard...he is struggling with that...but all other QBs in camp have seen that for at least a season so that makes sense. Will he catch up? Time will tell...but he can't be #3 and stick IMO
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:18 am

And today...Young seems to have bounced back from his bad day yesterday and is looking pretty good thus far. It is the most ready he has looked under center leading to play thus far and he has executed well and made solid plays. We will see how he does with the short stuff...haven't seen that much so far

Editing an additional note now that all is done....Young was actually the #1 QB out there today....Glenn #2 bit it was fairly close. I think it was Glenn's worst day but still by no means a bad day...he did well. Still not a pile of shorter passes today but he looked good in the ones he did. They focused mainly on situational drills because the G&W scrimmage is on the weekend.
All-Star

by pikk » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:19 pm

I imagine with young in the mix, the younger ones are working even harder, not to get beat by a old guy. :D
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:44 pm

pikk wrote:I imagine with young in the mix, the younger ones are working even harder, not to get beat by a old guy. :D

Don't think it has any effect beyond when most newcomers first come and are star struck for a few minutes. You can see young talking to the other QBs between reps to help them out as well as being receptive to receiving it as well. They are all work well together...which is usually but not always the case in camps
All-Star

PreviousNext