Vince Young training video.

Re: Vince Young training video.

by slimjim2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:19 pm

Argofan_1000 wrote:RR mini camp in Vero Beach Florida is 1 week away. How do we get to see this?

I think spectators can watch the mini-camp. I'm thinking about driving over there on the second day, Wednesday, and checking it out.
All-Star

by Preisst » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:10 pm

bobo82 wrote:2 things can happen , he makes it or he makes it... period full stop . No matter what happens anybody that doesn't think that VY won't be at the main camp and on Saskatchewan's opening day roster based on this mini -camp is living in la - la land . Anybody who doesn't think that VY will not get preferential treatment and the benefit of the doubt , better think again . The only question here really is if Jones has him under centre and starting or carrying a clipboard on opening day this season .

It really doesn't matter how he does in this mini-camp . Even if he totally craps the bed and looks absolutely awful next week , he will still be on the team and heading to Training Camp at the end of May regardless . It seems like egomaniac Jones has thrown all his chips in the centre of the table and is going all in with this guy no matter how he looks (good or bad ) .

I don't think there is any doubt he will be at TC no matter what happens at the mini-camp. But as for being on the opening day roster based on this mini-camp seems silly. I suggest his opening day roster spot will be based on TC and not the mini-camp.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by canadianfootballfan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Let me just say that I don't hope Young fails, but will certainly be shocked if he doesn't. He really has a lot to overcome - maybe more than any other player in the CFL for 2017 camp.
Veteran

by Preisst » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:54 pm

canadianfootballfan wrote:Let me just say that I don't hope Young fails, but will certainly be shocked if he doesn't. He really has a lot to overcome - maybe more than any other player in the CFL for 2017 camp.

These essentially are my feelings as well. I don't get all this talk about all these Roughrider fans adoring over Young and hyping him up as some sort of messiah as I have not seen posts to this effect.

If creating threads for the purpose of discussion is hyping and adoring then what is the real reason for fan forums?
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by slimjim2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:16 pm

Preisst wrote:
canadianfootballfan wrote:Let me just say that I don't hope Young fails, but will certainly be shocked if he doesn't. He really has a lot to overcome - maybe more than any other player in the CFL for 2017 camp.

These essentially are my feelings as well. I don't get all this talk about all these Roughrider fans adoring over Young and hyping him up as some sort of messiah as I have not seen posts to this effect.

If creating threads for the purpose of discussion is hyping and adoring then what is the real reason for fan forums?

I don't think I've heard any Roughrider fans adoring over Young.
The Riders have given him a chance and if he looks over weight or can't pass a medical he may not get past the min-camp next week.
All-Star

by brihind88 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:32 pm

papazoola wrote:
bobo82 wrote: It seems like egomaniac Jones has thrown all his chips in the centre of the table and is going all in with this guy no matter how he looks (good or bad ) .

....Seems Corky takes a flyer on a lot of busts...Another one today bites the dust...Justin Cox their outstanding rookie with previous baggage has been released...Charged with domestic violence...Oh boy :roll: :roll:

However, lets not jump to convict.

Innocent until proven guilty, in the courts of justice.
All-Star

by Preisst » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:32 pm

brihind88 wrote:
papazoola wrote:
bobo82 wrote: It seems like egomaniac Jones has thrown all his chips in the centre of the table and is going all in with this guy no matter how he looks (good or bad ) .

....Seems Corky takes a flyer on a lot of busts...Another one today bites the dust...Justin Cox their outstanding rookie with previous baggage has been released...Charged with domestic violence...Oh boy :roll: :roll:

However, lets not jump to convict.

Innocent until proven guilty, in the courts of justice.

Exactly. I haven't read up on this situation today but I do see the Roughriders have released him. I'd still like to get the facts before commenting on it BUT just getting charged means little.

When I used to work in the credit industry I, and many others, used to get bogus complaints all the time. Taught me a valuable lesson that the old cliche of where there's smoke there's fire is bullpoop.

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:47 pm

Ok, time to deflate the Vince Young hot air ballon. :cowboy:

Vince Young will never be successful in the CFL. NEVER!

There are a good number of reasons. Here is the main one. He scored a 6 (out of 50) on the Wonderlic test. The Wonderlic is a test of basic intelligence. 6 is an awful score! The average for NFL quarterbacks is 24. A CFL quarterback has to have enough basic intellect to understand and execute a CFL offensive playbook. CFL offenses are very complex.

Oh yes, Young played a few years with the Tennessee Titans as a starter. True, but he was in a dumbed down offensive system in regards to the passing game. The offense he played in was a run heavy offense. He only had to execute a basic minimal playbook (for the passing game). He spent most snaps handing the ball off to the running back.

There is no way this kind of offence can be implemented and successful in the CFL. CFL offenses have to have a complete and complex passing game to be successful. Running this kind of offence at quarterback is not in Vince Young's skill set. It never was. It NEVER WILL BE.

His Wonderlic score of 6 is a pretty good indicator of his ability to comprehend (rather not comprehend) an offensive playbook.

As a comparison, the cerebral Michael Bishop scored a 10! Rumour has it that a dung beetle once took the Wonderlic and scored a 5. Yes, a 5!

Vince Young, Wonderlic score: 6

Dung beetle, Wonderlic score: 5

"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by Taleback » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:02 am

Your infatuation with Vince Young is getting old. Did he try and make a move on Brihind behind your back, (and his) and that has you having a hate on for him? There has to be some explanation as to why you can't just let the thing go and play out how it will.
Last edited by Taleback on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by Taleback » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:18 am

Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:Ok, time to deflate the Vince Young hot air ballon.

Hmmmm. I wonder what someone who spells like this ^ would score on that test. All your post as evidence aside, I say Vince blows you out of the water.
All-Star

by Preisst » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:08 pm

Taleback wrote:Your infatuation with Vince Young is getting old. Did he try and make a move on Brihind behind your back, (and his) and that has you having a hate on for him? There has to be some explanation as to why you can't just let the thing go and play out how it will.

The obsession is humorous. Personally I think the poster is just looking for attention. I can visualize him at his keyboard all proud of what he thinks is "gotcha posting". It's sad.

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by okie » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:29 pm

I am just waiting for somebody to start a thread next week trashing 36 year old Marques Ogden for showing up at somebody's mini-camp & the team for even thinking that this was a good idea.
All-Star

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Taleback wrote:
Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:Ok, time to deflate the Vince Young hot air ballon.

Hmmmm. I wonder what someone who spells like this ^ would score on that test. All your post as evidence aside, I say Vince blows you out of the water.

Well Johnny speaks 3 languages. English is not his first. It happens that sometimes Johnny spells a word in another language.

Oh the dangers of having a diverse culture...
All-Star

by Preisst » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:42 pm

okie wrote:I am just waiting for somebody to start a thread next week trashing 36 year old Marques Ogden for showing up at somebody's mini-camp & the team for even thinking that this was a good idea.

It takes a certain immaturity for this to happen. I'm confident the usual culprits for that type of puerile commentary only do it for the Roughriders so I suppose it depends on which team's mini-camp he is going to. The only article I found on it didn't mention which team reached out to him.

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:26 am

Preisst wrote:
Taleback wrote:Your infatuation with Vince Young is getting old. Did he try and make a move on Brihind behind your back, (and his) and that has you having a hate on for him? There has to be some explanation as to why you can't just let the thing go and play out how it will.

The obsession is humorous. Personally I think the poster is just looking for attention. I can visualize him at his keyboard all proud of what he thinks is "gotcha posting". It's sad.

Not an obsession. Just a delightful fascination with the train wreck that is Chris Jones' tenure with the Riders. :lol:

Also the Kool Aid drinking fans who are riding on that train...
All-Star

PreviousNext