Govenors have differing views?

Re: Govenors have differing views?

by GHT120 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Aerial wrote:I would guess, speculating, that "growing the league" in a significant way would be to look at the US once again and who knows, maybe Orridge really wanted to explore this but the BoG said no go. That would be a very big difference of opinion on the future of the league. Also ties in with Canadian content perhaps. But who knows really?

If US expansion was on his mind then they didn't get rid of him fast enough. Only reason US franchises didn't dominate last time was that only Baltimore had decent management/coaching.
All-Star

by project.legacy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:39 pm

Argofan_1000 wrote:
project.legacy wrote:The old guard of the Governors is changing - Wtenhall, Young and Braley are no longer the powers they once were, but having Lastman, Hunt, King, and Morsky as the new guard, maybe presenting it's own set of problems. The League next to get the next Commissioner right, and actually allow that individual to do their jobs and grow the CFL. Orridge didn't seem to understnad the League or it's fanbase, so bringing in someone who does, add in being a good public speaker, and being a leader are absolute musts IMO.

don't forget this lady
http://www.bluebombers.com/2017/02/23/n ... governors/

Due to how the Bombers rotate Executive positions on their Board, I didn't include Ms. Spiring.
Last edited by project.legacy on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Starter

by Aerial » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Everybody wants a CFL commish to go "in the stands with the fans" and not just that but in the tailgate type things with the fans and chat, unlike other leagues. But they also want someone to grow the league financially without US expansion or touching the Canadian content rule. And be all nice and touchy feely with the BoG and owners.

Who the heck can qualify for this job, maybe you know Almighty but other than that, I don't see anyone else qualified. Maybe the CFL is a type of pro league that really can't have a commissioner, come to think of it.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by GHT120 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:50 pm

Aerial wrote:Everybody wants a CFL commish to go "in the stands with the fans" and not just that but in the tailgate type things with the fans and chat, unlike other leagues. But they also want someone to grow the league financially without US expansion or touching the Canadian content rule. And be all nice and touchy feely with the BoG and owners.

Who the heck can qualify for this job, maybe you know Almighty but other than that, I don't see anyone else qualified. Maybe the CFL is a type of pro league that really can't have a commissioner, come to think of it.

Whatever the title, someone has to head up the league office.
All-Star

Previous