Media

Re: Media

by HfxTC » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:19 pm

Something to be said about access. Als allowed the reporters who made an effort to go down to Vero Beach to observe the team meetings and class room sessions and they greatly appreciated the team doing this for them. Nobody died.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by jamie » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:37 pm

Really? They sat in on the meetings? That is actually a great initiative. Good for Reed and Als.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:50 pm

jamie wrote:Really? They sat in on the meetings? That is actually a great initiative. Good for Reed and Als.

Reporters made it a point to thank Kavis. Pointing to how much of a privilege it was after years of covering the team under a control freak like Popp.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by RichardVeilleux » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Like Didier Ormejuste said on RDS "Un vent de fraîcheur" / breeze of fresh air. The media coaches players all seem to be extremely happy. Yes, congratulations to Kavis Reed but also the President, Patrick Boivin.

Richard
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:12 am

Yeah...the bad part is it seems the opposite of what the Argos need
All-Star

by pw13 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:25 am

HfxTC wrote:Another problem I've notice since the league implemented its restriction is the day after the game all outlets have exactly the same content because all the guys are interviewing the same couple of guys all at the same time.

Which is literally all you'd get if there was an "interview room" and only a few players were brought into it. In the locker room, reporters can talk to anyone. If some reporters are too lazy to do one-on-ones and just go to the scrum, that's on them. But if the league were to force a scrum with two players, we'd get zero meaningful info.
All-Star

by Kenny Ploen.3 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:01 pm

... or if you don't appreciate media in the dressing room, you can always quit the pro sport/entertainment biz and go work in a factory where no one will ever bother you for interviews...
Practice Squad

by Preisst » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Kenny Ploen.3 wrote:... or if you don't appreciate media in the dressing room, you can always quit the pro sport/entertainment biz and go work in a factory where no one will ever bother you for interviews...

Seems quite dramatic. I'm sure there are players, coaches etc who are like fans like me who only care about the football. Just cuz not everyone thinks like you in terms of interviews/useless blather doesn't mean everyone is the same. We accept the differences, perhaps folk like you should too?

btw - I don't mean to grind you but I find your post very close minded.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

Previous