What happened to the SMS audit report ?

Re: What happened to the SMS audit report ?

by idealsheldon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:23 pm

gary lawless‏Verified account @garylawless 2h2 hours ago

for scoring at home - that's 5 fines totalling $116,500 plus a $26,101.29 deduction from this year's salary cap for @sskroughriders under CJ

As an Als fan I`m a minority in Canadiens centric Montreal, and I actually envy how great a following the Riders have. Would love to see a similar passion for the Als in Montreal. But Chris Jones is plain and simply tarnishing the Riders brand.
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star

by The Last Word » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:43 pm

Migs wrote:
Grover wrote:gary lawless‏Verified account
@garylawless

Some may recall, Jones threatened legal action against @JDunk12 after his initial report about @sskroughriders /Manziel. Never came to be.

The accuracy of Donks reporting never came to be either. Dunk was wrong just like Jones stated.

The fact that Jones did not follow through on his threats of legal action speaks volumes.

The Riders and Jones are a classless and lawless marriage made in hell.

The Last Word
Starter

by robsawatsky » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:01 pm

depopulationINC wrote:fined for meeting with publicist?? That seems a little ridiculous....even if they did talk Johnny football.

What would be the purpose of meeting with Manziel's publicist OTHER than to talk about Manziel? Appears to be an attempt to avoid league sanctions by creating a (im)plausible-deniability story that they didn't discuss the player either directly or with the player's "agent".
Veteran

by jamie » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:30 pm

I thought Dunk said without doubt that Sask and Jones actually worked out Manziel?
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:30 pm

robsawatsky wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:fined for meeting with publicist?? That seems a little ridiculous....even if they did talk Johnny football.

What would be the purpose of meeting with Manziel's publicist OTHER than to talk about Manziel? Appears to be an attempt to avoid league sanctions by creating a (im)plausible-deniability story that they didn't discuss the player either directly or with the player's "agent".

"even if they did talk Johnny football."

I believe that covers it. I really don't care if a GM talks to a PR person for a player. His agent...the player...that is a little different. Even then....I don't really care if they have a conservation that basically said 'would there be any interest in playing here?' That happens often and I see no big whoop...If they say no, end of story, if they say maybe, then maybe they go after the players rights...if they are talking terms or more seriously about it I have concerns with that. Talking to a guys PR agent and likely saying 'do you think Johnny would have interest in being a Rider?" that is hardly tampering...that is asking someone's opinion and not asking them to inquire about it. Big whoop. I guess it really depends on the exactly what the discussion(s) entailed...but at a glance this looks like a joke.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:32 pm

jamie wrote:I thought Dunk said without doubt that Sask and Jones actually worked out Manziel?

They still maintain the "at this time" verbiage in there...so it could still change. Really looking like this was all a steaming pile of dung though.
All-Star

by jamie » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Well like him or not Jones has proven to be an unbelievable hard working recruiting GM.
Guy must put on 100,000 miles a year.

Personally I think he's been targeted by the league through the most powerful franchise-EE.

That said, I'm no huge fan of his.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:51 pm

jamie wrote:Well like him or not Jones has proven to be an unbelievable hard working recruiting GM.
Guy must put on 100,000 miles a year.

Personally I think he's been targeted by the league through the most powerful franchise-EE.

That said, I'm no huge fan of his.

I know of 2 names (well, 3 I guess) within the CFL that have been slinging for Jones...none of whom are from the Esks...It is by all means possible though. And no, one of them is not BLM
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:55 pm

I can now see a road by which Mad Dog Ed Hervey re-enters the CFL; as a VP Shilling for Tennessee Corky.

btw - word has it Corky just got back from a seminar with his younger brother Alex - something about conspiracy theories and exploding your head in front of TV cameras!
All-Star

by HfxTC » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:32 pm

idealsheldon wrote:gary lawless‏Verified account @garylawless 2h2 hours ago

for scoring at home - that's 5 fines totalling $116,500 plus a $26,101.29 deduction from this year's salary cap for @sskroughriders under CJ

As an Als fan I`m a minority in Canadiens centric Montreal, and I actually envy how great a following the Riders have. Would love to see a similar passion for the Als in Montreal. But Chris Jones is plain and simply tarnishing the Riders brand.

Jones is a POS who has no respect for this country or its people. All about Chris Jones.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:33 pm

Lyle B. Style wrote:I can now see a road by which Mad Dog Ed Hervey re-enters the CFL; as a VP Shilling for Tennessee Corky.

btw - word has it Corky just got back from a seminar with his younger brother Alex - something about conspiracy theories and exploding your head in front of TV cameras!

If Ed isn't picked up quickly it will be proof he is being blacklisted by the league IMO.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Migs wrote:
Grover wrote:gary lawless‏Verified account
@garylawless

Some may recall, Jones threatened legal action against @JDunk12 after his initial report about @sskroughriders /Manziel. Never came to be.

The accuracy of Donks reporting never came to be either. Dunk was wrong just like Jones stated.

Sure.
Hall of Famer

by Lyle B. Style » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:00 pm

HfxTC wrote:
Lyle B. Style wrote:I can now see a road by which Mad Dog Ed Hervey re-enters the CFL; as a VP Shilling for Tennessee Corky.

If Ed isn't picked up quickly it will be proof he is being blacklisted by the league IMO.

Can't see him being picked up that quickly given the nature of his aborted ending in Edmonton. However, he's a football man, relatively young - and I can see him waiting in the shadows of BC, waiting for Wally Buono to keel over.

Could also see him getting endorsed by Dark Lord Hugh Campbell and given a plum assignment in Ottawa (#3 man behind Marcel & Porky Campbell)

Toronto, Montreal & Montreal are potential centres of sudden instability. Perhaps not for at least a year or so.

I'd rule out Regina (Corkytown), Edmonton and Winnipeg. In Winnipeg its more a race kinda thing. The Bombers have never had a GM of color, never a head coach of color, never a president of color, never a VP of color. I think they've had an Arab on their board of directors plus at least 3 jews but make no mistake (and the Wpg. inter=galactic space termites will protest greatly) the bombers are a white palace!
All-Star

by project.legacy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:08 pm

I'm really surprised that Montreal didn't get hit for going over the cap.

Not surprised that Jones yet again was fined for some type of cheating.
Starter

by Preisst » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:34 pm

The league should just ask the Roughriders for a loan instead of giving us fines for doing the same thing every other team does. :wink:
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

PreviousNext