The Shove It Bowl

The Shove It Bowl

by REmmett » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:36 pm

102 Days until The Shove It Bowl. The Ottawa REDBLACKS vs The Montreal Alouettes. The game before the Labour Day Weekend.
Attachments
Shove It Bowl 2.png
Rookie

CFL: Labour Day Rivals: Ottawa Redblacks - Montreal Alouette

by REmmett » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:00 pm

Rookie

Re: The Shove It Bowl

by depopulationINC » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:04 am

Is it called the shove it bowl because it is a rivalry that is being attempted to be forced upon people? Idunno, I don't get it.
All-Star

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:03 am

Most Alouette fans were not happy with Duron Carter shoving Campbell. Carter was sent packing before the end of the season.

The "shove" did not create a rivalry between the teams. The Alouettes' biggest rivals are those stinky Cats in Hamilton!
:cowboy:
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:14 am

I see. If it is called the shove it bowl because of a physical altercation, no matter how small, it is a pretty classless promotion IMO.
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:42 am

I thought it was named after Burris' "Shove It" remark ... 58 seconds in: http://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-s ... tsn~925618
Veteran

by bobo82 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:31 am

Nailed it !!! Complete with Trophy for the winning side 8) . Just waiting for my royalty cheque :D

.........viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103275&p=2079593&hilit=shove+it+bowl#p2079593

ImageImage
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by slimjim2 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:47 am

Liquor Kitty wrote:I thought it was named after Burris' "Shove It" remark ... 58 seconds in: http://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-s ... tsn~925618

Yea, it's all about marketing. People complain that CFL teams don't market enough but this is kind of funny.
I'm sure Burris will be at the game. :thup:
All-Star

by Aerial » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:22 am

Yeah, you do some fun marketing and people say this isn't needed. I don't get it either. :?
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Aerial wrote:Yeah, you do some fun marketing and people say this isn't needed. I don't get it either. :?

I don't see anything "fun" about promoting something around a physical altercation and poor sportsmanship, no matter how minor it is. I know it is not the influence I want on my kids when it comes to sport. Funny thing is that when the boy sees this I will now have to straight up ask him what he thinks of it and when he likely says it is funny and has watched the replay of that altercation, I now have to sit down and remind him that this is not something that you want to be crowned from. I don't want my kid seeing those actions as glorified not being desensitized to this type of conduct.
All-Star

by Preisst » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:56 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
Aerial wrote:Yeah, you do some fun marketing and people say this isn't needed. I don't get it either. :?

I don't see anything "fun" about promoting something around a physical altercation and poor sportsmanship, no matter how minor it is. I know it is not the influence I want on my kids when it comes to sport. Funny thing is that when the boy sees this I will now have to straight up ask him what he thinks of it and when he likely says it is funny and has watched the replay of that altercation, I now have to sit down and remind him that this is not something that you want to be crowned from. I don't want my kid seeing those actions as glorified not being desensitized to this type of conduct.

Yes. There is enough great things about this league that they don't need to glorify a negative. It's today's society but that doesn't mean it's right.

These marketing folk should stop being so lazy.

It's almost as puerile as the Cryin' Crosby masks that Columbus was going to do but wisely realized how ironic and stupid it was and didn't do it.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by Eskimosrock » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:15 pm

Somebody call the Whaaaambulance. It's funny.

I don't usually appreciate fighting in Football unless it's the Esks and Stamps on Labour Day. I remember when the teams would get into brawls... AJ Gass throwing the stamps olinemen helmet 40 yards after he grabbed his package. I always knew Calgary were full of those kinds of people... :wink:
The Green and Gold is bold.
Veteran

by Preisst » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:18 pm

Eskimosrock wrote:Somebody call the Whaaaambulance. It's funny.

I don't usually appreciate fighting in Football unless it's the Esks and Stamps on Labour Day. I remember when the teams would get into brawls... AJ Gass throwing the stamps olinemen helmet 40 yards after he grabbed his package. I always knew Calgary were full of those kinds of people... :wink:

Yeah and then get an Eskimo season ticket holder to make a ruling on it......LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

https://www.hostmerchantservices.com/wp ... ion-31.png
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by PTBO Dave » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Preisst wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:

Yes. There is enough great things about this league that they don't need to glorify a negative. It's today's society but that doesn't mean it's right.

These marketing folk should stop being so lazy.

It's almost as puerile as the Cryin' Crosby masks that Columbus was going to do but wisely realized how ironic and stupid it was and didn't do it.

I"m pretty sure this is just a fan-made promo, not something endorsed by the league. As such, I think it's pretty good.

I also don't think it'd be the greatest rivalry name and doubt it will stick . . . but then again I thought that about the Banjo Bowl too, so who knows.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by Preisst » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:48 pm

PTBO Dave wrote:
I"m pretty sure this is just a fan-made promo, not something endorsed by the league. As such, I think it's pretty good.

I also don't think it'd be the greatest rivalry name and doubt it will stick . . . but then again I thought that about the Banjo Bowl too, so who knows.

Probably, and to be clear it's not like these things bother me, I just think they're stupid and as such am voicing my opinion on an opinion board. If others like it good for them, it's not like I'm trying to tell others how or what they should think. They can have at it.

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter