2016 Financial Reports

Re: 2016 Financial Reports

by BigJoeM » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:03 pm

2058 ? ??? at least that's what the agreement says .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by BigJoeM » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:22 pm

Grover wrote:"The Bombers' $4.5-million stadium-loan payment led the club to withdraw $1.7 million from its reserves, communications director Darren Cameron said."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.4056492

With the lack of concerts and events at the stadium they were unable to generate enough to cover the agreed 4.5 million in 2016 they did have the option as to allocating the 1.7 million to next year but with the 7.1 million in Grey Cup money in reserve with whatever they have also put in the pot yearly ; they are still a little flush to make that 1.7 million payment . In 2015 end of year they had 12 million in cash reserve .They need to do a better job of filling the stadium for other events than just football .

Also they put away 500,000 a year for a reserve fund that is to accumulate to 5 million until they can use it as a reserve fund instead of their own cash reserves . Prudent lawyers for the province to force a savings .

Need a few more ac/dc type concerts. Outdoor concerts is a small window of opportunity but done right with the right acts they are in good position to bridge the short falls like the 1.7 million without touching their reserve funds.
Grey Cups are still a good way of putting money away for a rainy day .

Stadium Management Revenues
2015 was a busy year at Investors Group Field. In addition to the
regular football season, Investors Group Field was home to the FIFA
Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, two major concerts; One Direction
and AC/DC, and the 103rd Grey Cup and Festivals. Looking forward, the
2016 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™ will be held at Investors Group
Field. The Club continues to expand its catering and event operations

They need to do a better job of expanding those event operations .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by Mightygoose » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:15 pm

If the CPL gets launched as rumored (CSA board meeting next month) there's supposed to be a Winnipeg based team so if they use IGF even in a lower bowl setting, that will get a few more events in too to inch it up.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:12 pm

BigJoeM wrote:2058 ? ??? at least that's what the agreement says .

Wow. Long time. Thanks!
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:13 pm

BigJoeM wrote:
Grover wrote:"The Bombers' $4.5-million stadium-loan payment led the club to withdraw $1.7 million from its reserves, communications director Darren Cameron said."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.4056492

With the lack of concerts and events at the stadium they were unable to generate enough to cover the agreed 4.5 million in 2016 they did have the option as to allocating the 1.7 million to next year but with the 7.1 million in Grey Cup money in reserve with whatever they have also put in the pot yearly ; they are still a little flush to make that 1.7 million payment . In 2015 end of year they had 12 million in cash reserve .They need to do a better job of filling the stadium for other events than just football .

Also they put away 500,000 a year for a reserve fund that is to accumulate to 5 million until they can use it as a reserve fund instead of their own cash reserves . Prudent lawyers for the province to force a savings .

Need a few more ac/dc type concerts. Outdoor concerts is a small window of opportunity but done right with the right acts they are in good position to bridge the short falls like the 1.7 million without touching their reserve funds.
Grey Cups are still a good way of putting money away for a rainy day .

Stadium Management Revenues
2015 was a busy year at Investors Group Field. In addition to the
regular football season, Investors Group Field was home to the FIFA
Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, two major concerts; One Direction
and AC/DC, and the 103rd Grey Cup and Festivals. Looking forward, the
2016 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™ will be held at Investors Group
Field. The Club continues to expand its catering and event operations

They need to do a better job of expanding those event operations .

:thup:
All-Star

by HfxTC » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Their repayments will also decrease by a half to a million in fairly short order if I remember right because they it includes that second loan they took out for addons.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by drummer_god » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:51 pm

That article mentions GnR concert there this summer.
Hall of Famer

by Argofan_1000 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:43 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:I can't wait until the next TSN deal. I know the Jims of the world will put a negative spin, but we are a few years away from every team making good money. Nice to see.

what we know from a CBC news item from 2010 is that a National TV commercial in Canada is worth $20,000 for 15 seconds. I can't find anything recent. We also know from the NFL that there are 100 15 second time slots for commercials during a 3.5 hr. game.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/shorter-commerci ... s-1.886304

It that holds true 100 X $20,000 = $2 million per game. Discount the CFL because it is Canadian @ 60 percent = $1.2 million in ad revenue per game.

A 44 million TV contact divided by 85 games = $517,000 per game currently.

At 65 million TV contract (new) would be approx. $760,000 per game and would net each team $7.2 million per club. Of course if the 2 million per game is real than there is some more room and the contract would crest $100 million and $10 million per team :D Can anyone in this business enlighten us? Don't know if they consider TSN subscriptions in a contract as that number is very big.
Veteran

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:09 pm

Argofan_1000 wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:I can't wait until the next TSN deal. I know the Jims of the world will put a negative spin, but we are a few years away from every team making good money. Nice to see.

what we know from a CBC news item from 2010 is that a National TV commercial in Canada is worth $20,000 for 15 seconds. I can't find anything recent. We also know from the NFL that there are 100 15 second time slots for commercials during a 3.5 hr. game.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/shorter-commerci ... s-1.886304

It that holds true 100 X $20,000 = $2 million per game. Discount the CFL because it is Canadian @ 60 percent = $1.2 million in ad revenue per game.

A 44 million TV contact divided by 85 games = $517,000 per game currently.

At 65 million TV contract (new) would be approx. $760,000 per game and would net each team $7.2 million per club. Of course if the 2 million per game is real than there is some more room and the contract would crest $100 million and $10 million per team :D Can anyone in this business enlighten us? Don't know if they consider TSN subscriptions in a contract as that number is very big.

Good analysis. :thup: Keeping in mind the $20,000 number is from 7 years ago, I think we can assume a larger profit for TSN, and more room for the CFL to negotiate.

I have long said, I expect the next contract to be $90M/yr - give or take $10M. That would give each team twice the TV revenue and all but ensure a profit for 9 teams.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:10 pm

HfxTC wrote:Their repayments will also decrease by a half to a million in fairly short order if I remember right because they it includes that second loan they took out for addons.

Good to know. Thank you.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
HfxTC wrote:Their repayments will also decrease by a half to a million in fairly short order if I remember right because they it includes that second loan they took out for addons.

Good to know. Thank you.

I found this...

The Bombers are responsible for paying back $85 million of the $160-million loan, plus $90 million worth of interest, for a total of $175.1 million by 2058. Under the terms of a stadium management agreement, the Bombers are slated to make additional payments to Triple B of $4.5 million this year and next, $3.5-million in 2018 and payments of no more than $4.4 million every year until 2058, when the loan is supposed to be paid off.

So far, the football club fulfilled its obligations to transfer $4.5 million a year to Triple B Stadium in both 2014 and 2015. However, only $2 million of this $9 million was applied against the provincial stadium-building loan; the remaining $7 million was used to pay down a separate, $10-million CIBC loan taken out by Triple B Stadium to complete the facility. This CIBC loan remains on the books.

Right now, all the interest on the Bombers' portion of the loan is being applied to a separate portion that the city and province are paying off, using property taxes from the former Canad Inns Stadium site. The city and province are responsible for paying $75 million worth of principal plus $76 million worth of interest, for a total of $151 million worth of stadium payments by 2038.

Not sure what it all means.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.3639529
All-Star

by Wumper » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:08 pm

That's terrific news for The Big Blew!!
A few more years of these forms of profit and they will be broke.

C'mon, "Operating Profit"??

They lost millions if they meet all obligations. Miller should be embarrassed to spin this shyte.
Rookie

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:10 pm

Wumper wrote:That's terrific news for The Big Blew!!
A few more years of these forms of profit and they will be broke.

C'mon, "Operating Profit"??

They lost millions if they meet all obligations. Miller should be embarrassed to spin this shyte.

Oh good. A new poster is dumping on the CFL.
All-Star

by Wumper » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:22 pm

long time poster on many sites and a huge CFL fan. First Bomber game attended was in 1959. Still going, I'm just not a fan of this crap Miller offers up.
I will give him credit, he announced, just after this spin, that small orders of chicken fingers will be available this year.
The FACT remains, The Bombers keep generating these "profit" levels, they will be insolvent in four years.

Oh good, another fan drinking Wade's Kool-Aid.

Profit, what is left from revenue after all costs needed to sustain the activity are paid. Wad doesn't pay the interest and principal on the debt, the activity won't sustain.

You should focus on your earlier point, when CFL league revenue gets to where it can be, all teams should be gold mines. And thats good for my favourite sport. But, today, this Miller news is shyte. You embarrass yourself to defend it. Wad should focus on secondary revenue, settling the transit fiasco, and stop posing. His attitude in and around World Women's Soccer was sad.
Last edited by Wumper on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rookie

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:25 pm

Wumper wrote:long time poster on many sites and a huge CFL fan. First Bomber game attended was in 1959. Still going, I'm just not a fan of this crap Miller offers up.
I will give him credit, he announced, just after this spin, that small orders of chicken fingers will be available this year.
The FACT remains, The Bombers keep generating these "profit" levels, they will be insolvent in four years.

Oh good, another fan drinking Wade's Kool-Aid.

Profit, what is left from revenue after all costs needed to sustain the activity are paid. Wad doesn't pay the interest and principal on the debt, the activity won't sustain.

They are not going to put the BB out of business. They will pay what they can and, my guess, other revenue sources will be found to pay what the Blue Bombers can not.
All-Star

PreviousNext